Micah Richards

Demitri_C

56 minutes ago, Zatman said:

For me the worst player to play for Aston Villa and still a year left

Villa highlights include telling a fan we are trying, christmas comedy and missing an open goal from the goal line

You left out his athletic attempt when he was the the last man in defence and Bacuna did that lovely back pass to no one.

5 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I understand exactly what you mean when you say that he isn’t doing any harm being around the squad TRO. But he’s a bloody expensive entertainments officer! So his detrimental effect on the club is a financial one, if he’s on anything like what is reported, his wages would be very handy used elsewhere. 

Yes but expensive to fully amortise. i guess the plan is run his contract out.

i have no idea what we do with him.

i just get extremely frustrated at how many duds we sign for varying reasons....but unless this subsides i can't see our situation changing much.

There was a time in our lives when we signed players from our front foot......now we sign players from a back foot and we have done this for years.....this imo has contributed to our problem.

I would be interested to see what VTers think of when that transition changed?

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

Yes but expensive to fully amortise. i guess the plan is run his contract out.

i have no idea what we do with him.

i just get extremely frustrated at how many duds we sign for varying reasons....but unless this subsides i can't see our situation changing much.

There was a time in our lives when we signed players from our front foot......now we sign players from a back foot and we have done this for years.....thia imo has contributed to our problem.

I would be interested to see what VTers think of when that transition changed?

You’re absolutely right. There was a time when if a player left us they were generally on their way down, or if we did sell them, we got good money and reinvested it well. The last manager I really remember playing the transfer market well was probably BFR. Although to be fair we’ve had some good moments with Sir Brian and MON. Although the later wasted a lot of money, buying players he hardly used and making some big mistakes, the sale of Gary Cahill sticks in my mind, but there were plenty of others.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

You’re absolutely right. There was a time when if a player left us they were generally on their way down, or if we did sell them, we got good money and reinvested it well. The last manager I really remember playing the transfer market well was probably BFR. Although to be fair we’ve had some good moments with Sir Brian and MON. Although the later wasted a lot of money, buying players he hardly used and making some big mistakes, the sale of Gary Cahill sticks in my mind, but there were plenty of others.

With you.

I think thats when it began to change.....one or two really good ones,but too many ineffective signings.

• 2 weeks later...

I think we should play him for three consecutive games, the full 270 minutes, just to see what's going on, I want to see what condition he is in - mentally, physically, emotionally. I just want to see what we're dealing with here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, 8pints said:

I think we should play him for three consecutive games, the full 270 minutes, just to see what's going on, I want to see what condition he is in - mentally, physically, emotionally. I just want to see what we're dealing with here.

I would rather not see him again :)

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, 8pints said:

@8pints have you already had 8 pints? ;)

• Haha 2

On 1/11/2018 at 19:46, Villan_of_oz said:

You left out his athletic attempt when he was the the last man in defence and Bacuna did that lovely back pass to no one.

Lescott was last man back but lost out to Long when he had a 10 yard head start. Richards strolled back from the centre circle a minute later.

Why can't he just go out on loan somewhere? Even if they only pick up 25% of his wages it's still helpful. 

Also he must realise that he will get a better contract when he has to move if he's been playing regularly somewhere rather than sitting on his arse for 3 years. 

• Like 2

On 1/10/2018 at 16:49, Straggler said:

Whilst I agree that Richards seems to be a decent chap and yes he does seem to carry a lot of injuries I think much of his reputation as lazy was built by his performance on the pitch which has only been enhanced by the long period off it.  For me it was that game against Southampton (the Bacuna back pass of legend) when Richards had a 10m head start on the person who eventually tucked away the rebound, but instead of hustling back, he ambled back and we conceded one of the worst goals I have ever seen (from 35 seconds in the vid below).  It's really hard to picture him giving his all in training when he so seldom did it on the pitch.

Holy **** I knew we were bad, but just wow. That is actually comical. I have completely blocked this season from my mind, but that is embarrassing. The Southampton players barely celebrated because they didn't have to work for their goals.

Lescott getting blitzed despite having a 30 yard head start. Richards jogging back while another player ghosts in to score. Bacuna's back pass. Rudy Gestede. What a shitshow.

We signed him to be our captain in the Premier League. He's not good enough for the under 23s. We're probably paying him 10 times his worth. 

We always seem to have some financial/wage blackhole like Richards to reduce our spending power and overall quality of the squad. 

Imagine if we managed to sell McCormack, Richards and Agbonlahor this window? It would free up significant finance for other deals. 

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

Holy **** I knew we were bad, but just wow. That is actually comical. I have completely blocked this season from my mind, but that is embarrassing. The Southampton players barely celebrated because they didn't have to work for their goals.

Lescott getting blitzed despite having a 30 yard head start. Richards jogging back while another player ghosts in to score. Bacuna's back pass. Rudy Gestede. What a shitshow.

It was just so bad. Van Dijk was playing as a No.10 from the highlights and could have been 8 or 9. I think that was the day we went down officially

Was also the only time I or anybody has had Shane Long as Fantasy Football captain :lol:

58 minutes ago, Zatman said:

It was just so bad. Van Dijk was playing as a No.10 from the highlights and could have been 8 or 9. I think that was the day we went down officially

Was also the only time I or anybody has had Shane Long as Fantasy Football captain :lol:

Shane Long's confidence nosedived completely when we got relegated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Â