Micah Richards

Demitri_C

40 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Gabby is different to Richards. Gabby at least has done something for the club. Richards hasn't done anything...... literally. 

What has gabby done for us in the last 5 years?

Here is his stats

Season League FA Cup League Cup Europe Total
Division Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goals Apps Goa
2013–14[86] Premier League 30 4 0 0 1 0 31 4
2014–15[87] Premier League 34 6 2 0 0 0 36 6
2015–16[88] Premier League 15 1 1 0 2 0 18 1
2016–17[89] Championship 13 1 1 0 0 0 14 1
2017–18[90] Championship 4 1 0 0 0 0 4 1

Three goals in 3 years, woeful and pathetic Even the years before that was pretty poor and those were his better seasons. He could have gone Reading but turned it down because he is more interested in getting fat wages here. The guys a cretin and I cant wait for him to be released .  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Here is his stats

Three goals in 3 years, woeful and pathetic Even the years before that was pretty poor and those were his better seasons. He could have gone Reading but turned it down because he is more interested in getting fat wages here. The guys a cretin and I cant wait for him to be released .  

Tbf that's 96 league games and 13 league goals since signing that contract, considerably more than Micah Richards, obviously not good enough and he's more or less finished now, but he's not even in the same league as Richards 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, weedman said:

Tbf that's 96 league games and 13 league goals since signing that contract, considerably more than Micah Richards, obviously not good enough and he's more or less finished now, but he's not even in the same league as Richards 

Richards is a defender its not his remit to score goals. For me gabbys been just as bad as richards for me The guy needs to leave the club. . 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, weedman said:

TBF to Richards he is a terrible footballer but i could never really say he never tried when he played.  The year we got relegated Gabby was a disgrace and shouldn't never have got another minute for villa.  I seem to remember Neville and Carragher laughing at one of his performances at half time analysis.  1 kick or something from the kick off.

• Like 1

Gabby gave us good years and bad years, Richards gave us bad years.  I look back at Gabby's career with a mix of feelings, some of great joy, some of intense anger.  I look back at Richards with nothing but regret.  For me they don't belong in the same debate. Even if they ended in a similar place the route they took is totally different.

The pundits slammed Richards too

“People are saying that Villa will go down and when you look at this [their defending against Norwich], you have to say they are right,” Wright said.

“When you look at Micah Richards for the first goal, he has to do more.

“It’s just slack. He’s the captain - he’s got to make more of an effort. These are the reasons why they’re going down.”

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Richards is a defender its not his remit to score goals. For me gabbys been just as bad as richards for me The guy needs to leave the club. . 

I'd say 96 league games is a better contribution than whatever Richards has managed to muster up for us, regardless of goals. 

6 minutes ago, HeyAnty said:

TBF to Richards he is a terrible footballer but i could never really say he never tried when he played.  The year we got relegated Gabby was a disgrace and shouldn't never have got another minute for villa.  I seem to remember Neville and Carragher laughing at one of his performances at half time analysis.  1 kick or something from the kick off.

Have you been watching the same Micah Richards as me? I think most of the fans at VP put more effort into a match than he ever did. 

I remember that game, he had like 9 touches or something before being taken off injured at half time, I could be wrong but couldn't the fact that he was clearly struggling with injury there be considered a mitigating factor? 

Look, I'm not arguing that Gabby has been good recently, just saying he has, even in the last few years offered considerably more than Richards, but it's a bit like arguing which shit smells better, at the end of the day they're both shit 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Here is his stats

Who said the last 5 years? You're showing me stats you want show. You can't compare Richards and Gabby 

7 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

Here is his stats

Why would Gabby want to go to Reading?

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Who said the last 5 years? You're showing me stats you want show. You can't compare Richards and Gabby 

How longs richards been here? This is his 3rd year no?

So i have done gabbys last 5 seasons and he has been utter utter shit. Living off his past glories, milking the club dry.

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why would Gabby want to go to Reading?

Bacuna did 

41 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How longs richards been here? This is his 3rd year no?

So i have done gabbys last 5 seasons and he has been utter utter shit. Living off his past glories, milking the club dry.

Bacuna did 

For crying out loud Dem I said Gabby has done more for this club than Richards therefore you can't compare. If you disagree with me, fine. 

Why are you arguing over who is worse out of Gabby and Richards? They have both been crap and a waste of shirt and wages for a number of years. Both players best years were about 8 years ago. They epitomise the terrible decisions made by this club over the years which has resulted in our relegation. I am counting down the days until they are both out of this club and no longer draining our funds which could be spent better elsewhere.

• Thanks 2

The consistent damage still having him here is significant for me.

Every player we bring in, either from the youth, or from another side, sees this total waster pissing about on miles more money than them. He has no interest in helping the first team, he has no interest in playing football for anyone until his contract is up.

Sends the wrong message, especially for young players.

People talk about paying his contract up making no sense, it would have been worth it. Or. He should have been made to train alone, away from the first team squad, ideally away from the reserves as well. Where his mere presence can do no damage.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Straggler said:

Whilst I agree that Richards seems to be a decent chap and yes he does seem to carry a lot of injuries I think much of his reputation as lazy was built by his performance on the pitch which has only been enhanced by the long period off it.  For me it was that game against Southampton (the Bacuna back pass of legend) when Richards had a 10m head start on the person who eventually tucked away the rebound, but instead of hustling back, he ambled back and we conceded one of the worst goals I have ever seen (from 35 seconds in the vid below).  It's really hard to picture him giving his all in training when he so seldom did it on the pitch.

Oh man I shouldn't have watched. I had finally blanked the season out of my memory. 

Its all coming flooding back :(

I can't believe how bad that was. 

• Like 1

An appalling player. Hasn't even got close to being in a championship team. Will run down his contract and go to china in 18 months. If I could add a clip it would be Obama dropping the mike. Can't believe there's still a thread on him.shows the minefield xia inherited.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggghhhhh. 

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Micah Richards then.. offering no more to the club, highly unlikely he will be able to be sold and basically written off. He should be released come June 1st.

Disagree. If we release him we still have to pay up the entirety of his contract, which means we are no better off and Micah gets to go and rinse even more money elsewhere. 

So providing he isn't damaging team harmony just leave the bloke to rot and hopefully learn from our mistakes. 

9 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

For crying out loud Dem I said Gabby has done more for this club than Richards therefore you can't compare. If you disagree with me, fine. 

Calm down can you not debate without getting hot under the collar?? 

8 hours ago, NeilS said:

Why are you arguing over who is worse out of Gabby and Richards? They have both been crap and a waste of shirt and wages for a number of years. Both players best years were about 8 years ago. They epitomise the terrible decisions made by this club over the years which has resulted in our relegation. I am counting down the days until they are both out of this club and no longer draining our funds which could be spent better elsewhere.

I am not arguing who is worse, I am saying gabby just as beads as Richards! I agree with you totally Neil if you read my posts ! ;)

Â