Micah Richards

Demitri_C

It's not the first time a player has come to us , who as done absolutely nothing ,yet his reputation promised the opposite . 

Adrian Heath ,Alan Thompson , Garry Parker and many more . I still have a glimmer of hope ,that Micah will come good , he's by no means a poor player . He was just never a centre half ,and he found that out ,to the extent ,that his confidence was completely destroyed . He was never the same after we let that 2 -0 lead slip at Leicester , come to think of it , nor was I .

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sheepyvillian said:

It's not the first time a player has come to us , who as done absolutely nothing ,yet his reputation promised the opposite . 

Adrian Heath ,Alan Thompson , Garry Parker and many more . I still have a glimmer of hope ,that Micah will come good , he's by no means a poor player . He was just never a centre half ,and he found that out ,to the extent ,that his confidence was completely destroyed . He was never the same after we let that 2 -0 lead slip at Leicester , come to think of it , nor was I .

I always liked Parker - played over 90 games for us. Richards will never play for us again even the Mail article says so.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

What is he meant to do if he is injured?

I can't work out if you are on the wind up. 

He should be desperate to go out on loan to prove he's still a capable player and persuade another club elsewhere to offer him a deal on get his career back on track. 

At 29 he should be able to get another Premier League club. 

But instead he's spent 18 months sitting on, and often off our bench picking up money whilst his career is lost in the mist of time. 

You hear how old pro's wish they had extended their career and the camaraderie etc. He will probably look back one day and wish he had done something about it instead of letting it peter out. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just like gabby not interested in going on loan. Happy to take  a fat check and run his contract down. Gabby though is finished here, he will be gone in the summer so that is one cretin out. then next summer this oaf can leave 

if we go up next year we might release him with a compensation package 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

He should be desperate to go out on loan to prove he's still a capable player and persuade another club elsewhere to offer him a deal on get his career back on track. 

But instead he's spent 18 months sitting on, and often off our bench picking up money whilst his career is lost in the mist of time. 

You hear how old pro's wish they had extended their career and the camaraderie etc. He will probably look back one day and wish he had done something about it instead of letting it peter out. 

Ok lets say he has been fit and refused to go out on loan. What I do not understand is why has he never featured in the reserves? Can he refuse that to? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TheAuthority said:

I always liked Parker - played over 90 games for us. Richards will never play for us again even the Mail article says so.

Well if Garry Parker is going to be labelled a flop no wonder people don't rate the current crop.

As for Micah, I'm at a point whereby I hear his name in my head being read out in the Matt Damon voice from Team America.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kingman said:

Le$$cot, Ireland, Tom Fox, The General to name a few!

To be fair mate, JL was only here 5mins and Ireland, though far from being a success did at least play a good few games for us and had the occasional good game. Richards for me tops the list of players that have cost so much and offered so little in return. .

He basically retired as a professional football player 4yrs ago

26 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Both offered more than Micah which is extraordinary in Charlie's case

Gabby from when he last signe dhis contract has added as much as richards in my view. N Zogbia cost 10.5m and on high wages. Did very little. I would argue he is much worse 

On 1/9/2018 at 10:01, sidcow said:

This literally still does not answer the question you posted this response to.

He has been injured alot and apparently has a very problematic knee.

He really doesn't come across as a clearing in the woods regardless of how his career here has gone.

This epidemic of people deciding that a player is a lazy, waste man with a lack of ambition and bad attitude based on their outside vision makes no sense some of the time.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

He really doesn't come across as a clearing in the woods regardless of how his career here has gone.

This epidemic of people deciding that a player is a lazy, waste man with a lack of ambition and bad attitude based on their outside vision makes no sense some of the time.

He is lazy though, the season we went down I can't count the amount of times he got caught on the half way line as a team broke on us and scored, he rarely even made an attempt to jog back.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Whilst I agree that Richards seems to be a decent chap and yes he does seem to carry a lot of injuries I think much of his reputation as lazy was built by his performance on the pitch which has only been enhanced by the long period off it.  For me it was that game against Southampton (the Bacuna back pass of legend) when Richards had a 10m head start on the person who eventually tucked away the rebound, but instead of hustling back, he ambled back and we conceded one of the worst goals I have ever seen (from 35 seconds in the vid below).  It's really hard to picture him giving his all in training when he so seldom did it on the pitch.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Whilst I agree that Richards seems to be a decent chap and yes he does seem to carry a lot of injuries I think much of his reputation as lazy was built by his performance on the pitch which has only been enhanced by the long period off it.  For me it was that game against Southampton (the Bacuna back pass of legend) when Richards had a 10m head start on the person who eventually tucked away the rebound, but instead of hustling back, he ambled back and we conceded one of the worst goals I have ever seen (from 35 seconds in the vid below).  It's really hard to picture him giving his all in training when he so seldom did it on the pitch.

I found it harder to ignore the Gestede miskick masterclass. 

On 09/01/2018 at 18:11, Demitri_C said:

Just like gabby not interested in going on loan. Happy to take  a fat check and run his contract down. Gabby though is finished here, he will be gone in the summer so that is one cretin out. then next summer this oaf can leave 

if we go up next year we might release him with a compensation package 

Gabby is different to Richards. Gabby at least has done something for the club. Richards hasn't done anything...... literally. 

Â