Micah Richards

Demitri_C

I think at one stage Richards could've been a very good player. Injuries have ruined him and he doesn't have that recovery pace anymore. Plus he has added weight so is not as athletic as he once was. Basically he's as good as me at football. 

Whenever I see this thread bumped it's an emotional rollercoaster. First I think oh great! Maybe we've found a sucker club to unload him onto and I get all excited. Then, as I click to open the thread, a sense of dread and doom take over. I am filled with fear that Bruce as announced that he will be 'easing him back in' or some other such cliches. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

I think at one stage Richards could've been a very good player. Injuries have ruined him and he doesn't have that recovery pace anymore. Plus he has added weight so is not as athletic as he once was. Basically he's as good as me at football. 

needed a lot of coaching in his early 20s and then playing time in his mid 20s, dont think he got either...had the speed and physical attributes to be a very good RB but couldn't read the game or actually defend, injuries and staying around for man citys success* killed him off, can remember him being linked to a fair few clubs and sounding like he had a greedy agent

* for all their spending they never actually did that much, he only has 1 league title (29 games) and 1 FA cup to his name

7 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Complete waste of atoms, if he has any decency in him he should give away his wages to charity.

If we have any decency we should give him away!

...but not to a charity - I wouldn't put that on them and they would prob refuse him anyway.

It doesn't make sense to pay any player off, that's why it never really happens.

You may as well pay his weekly wage in the hope you can sell or loan him out before the end of his contract, rather than just pay it all off in one go*. Why would we do that, just to get him out the club? He might be crap but he's hardly a disturbance in the dressing room, quite the opposite by all accounts.

*I get my football knowledge from Football Manager and I am therefore an expert in these matters.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

It doesn't make sense to pay any player off, that's why it never really happens.

You may as well pay his weekly wage in the hope you can sell or loan him out before the end of his contract, rather than just pay it all off in one go*. Why would we do that, just to get him out the club? He might be crap but he's hardly a disturbance in the dressing room, quite the opposite by all accounts.

*I get my football knowledge from Football Manager and I am therefore an expert in these matters.

I don't Really know what the problem is with him.....is he just not good enough....what specifically is it.

7 minutes ago, Paddywhack said:

Yep. It really annoys me when people suggest just paying off his contract. It's of no benefit to the club and very rarely happens anywhere.

• Like 1

How long did Beye have left on his deal when we released him? Pretty sure Given also had a year left on his deal when we agreed to let him go on a free.

There are examples. No one is coming in to sign Richards let's be honest so he'll be leaving on a free regardless in May 2019 if we have to wait that long.

9 hours ago, hippo said:

Got by on sheer fitness when he was 19 - after that nothing.

Can't believe someone in the game as long as sherwood thought this would work out - looked ropey at the time, and so it proved. 

I think you will find a few managers were ****** off at the fact we got him at the time.

hindsight really is an exact science.

On 15/11/2017 at 20:24, TRO said:

I think you will find a few managers were ****** off at the fact we got him at the time.

hindsight really is an exact science.

Well I said it at the time.....

I think a lot of clubs looked - but only villa and sunderland were prepared to stump up serious cash. The subsequent relegation of both clubs shows how off the wall the decision making was...

Â