Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Richards has been our worst signing in the last 10 years. 

Ireland and N'Zogbia are also notable mentions, but they at least chipped in with a couple of good performances. I don't think Richards ever had a good match for us that actually mattered. 

2 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Richards has been our worst signing in the last 10 years. 

Ireland and N'Zogbia are also notable mentions, but they at least chipped in with a couple of good performances. I don't think Richards ever had a good match for us that actually mattered. 

Bosko says :wave:

( I know it was more than 10 years ago before some smart ass chimes in)

Edited by TheAuthority

14 hours ago, Midfielder said:

First off, Richards is well aware of his place in the pecking order. Also evident that even in a tactical change, Hutton or Jedi were even used ahead of Richards in central defence when say Richards was available to select. That must tell you something. 

Secondly, surely no pro is that immune or oblivious to the perception of their employers fanbase of them. He surely must know, that he isn't held in positive regard. 

Thirdly, reputation within the industry and related prospectiveness to other potential suitors. That being a low-order ahem "squad option" in the Chanpionship is where he is at. 

There's plenty more but take these three above. We have all seen the worst of players and player power, forcing through moves and threatening to go on strike etc scumbags like Costa even. But then on the flip side, there's Richards. 

Football as a career choice, whatever the take home pay began for most on the back of a knack for working hard, to make use of every bit of their talent to get past all the youth stages to actually make it in the game to the point a club will invest in you post YTS or academy. He once had it. 

I know he's had injuries but what pisses me off more than the antics of Costa types is the Richards types. Those 3 points at the start of this post, don't mean a damn thing to him. 

Me, if football was my career and I had enough money in the bank for family and future, I'd still care about those three things. It's a shame that Micahs exist really. It takes a certain type of person to be happy to see out the remainder of another 2/3 more years in obscurity just training a few days a week knowing they're probably on the bench at the very best sometimes for that whole period.

Micah- there's probably more chance of Lord Lucan reading this than you. But, this window came and went. You know that you're down the pecking order, that the fans don't hold you in high regard and that your reputation is in free fall. It is a disgrace that despite this, you're still here. 

I'm pretty sure that the club has tried moving you on. Technically it's not your fault you're on salary X, you're agent negotiated it, we paid it. But you, and this agent, shouldn't you get a new one? Or, is it the case you're just winding down your deal to leave on a free and have effectively retired already? Is there any of that desire left at all to actually play week in week out? Like the driving factors that got you into football to begin with ? Or has it all just evaporated into picking up your wages every week? 

Probably the latter. You, this window, could have instructed your agent to get you in at other Championship clubs, League One too. The club I'm sure would have even subsidised the majority of your wages just to reduce your financial liability in whatever way it can. That's if you gave a shit though.

But noooooooo. Don't trouble yourself mate. Sure you may get a few random minutes this season but otherwise w t f. 

Its 4am. I just woke up. Going to work soon in a hospital busting my ass. I just read a post on one of the threads by Wezbid and how expensive it is for us real-life people to follow the game and here's you, wasted another transfer window's worth of opportunity to do anything to help your cause. At the end of the day, say if you're on £60k a week here, until the end of the contract, you could still pick that money up but PLAYING to earn it, even if on subsidised loan. 

What a waste of money, ahem.... talent and personal ethics / motivation / effort. 29 years old and well let me be the first to congratulate you mate.......

HAPPY RETIREMENT F_CKO, ALL THE BEST,  ENJOY, DONT DO TOO MUCH NOW, TAKE IT EASY.

Retirement-card-message-to-wish-someone-

Hats off for a very good post, and for writing it at 4 am on your way to work, respect!

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Midfielder said:

First off, Richards is well aware of his place in the pecking order. Also evident that even in a tactical change, Hutton or Jedi were even used ahead of Richards in central defence when say Richards was available to select. That must tell you something. 

Secondly, surely no pro is that immune or oblivious to the perception of their employers fanbase of them. He surely must know, that he isn't held in positive regard. 

Thirdly, reputation within the industry and related prospectiveness to other potential suitors. That being a low-order ahem "squad option" in the Chanpionship is where he is at. 

There's plenty more but take these three above. We have all seen the worst of players and player power, forcing through moves and threatening to go on strike etc scumbags like Costa even. But then on the flip side, there's Richards. 

Football as a career choice, whatever the take home pay began for most on the back of a knack for working hard, to make use of every bit of their talent to get past all the youth stages to actually make it in the game to the point a club will invest in you post YTS or academy. He once had it. 

I know he's had injuries but what pisses me off more than the antics of Costa types is the Richards types. Those 3 points at the start of this post, don't mean a damn thing to him. 

Me, if football was my career and I had enough money in the bank for family and future, I'd still care about those three things. It's a shame that Micahs exist really. It takes a certain type of person to be happy to see out the remainder of another 2/3 more years in obscurity just training a few days a week knowing they're probably on the bench at the very best sometimes for that whole period.

Micah- there's probably more chance of Lord Lucan reading this than you. But, this window came and went. You know that you're down the pecking order, that the fans don't hold you in high regard and that your reputation is in free fall. It is a disgrace that despite this, you're still here. 

I'm pretty sure that the club has tried moving you on. Technically it's not your fault you're on salary X, you're agent negotiated it, we paid it. But you, and this agent, shouldn't you get a new one? Or, is it the case you're just winding down your deal to leave on a free and have effectively retired already? Is there any of that desire left at all to actually play week in week out? Like the driving factors that got you into football to begin with ? Or has it all just evaporated into picking up your wages every week? 

Probably the latter. You, this window, could have instructed your agent to get you in at other Championship clubs, League One too. The club I'm sure would have even subsidised the majority of your wages just to reduce your financial liability in whatever way it can. That's if you gave a shit though.

But noooooooo. Don't trouble yourself mate. Sure you may get a few random minutes this season but otherwise w t f. 

Its 4am. I just woke up. Going to work soon in a hospital busting my ass. I just read a post on one of the threads by Wezbid and how expensive it is for us real-life people to follow the game and here's you, wasted another transfer window's worth of opportunity to do anything to help your cause. At the end of the day, say if you're on £60k a week here, until the end of the contract, you could still pick that money up but PLAYING to earn it, even if on subsidised loan. 

What a waste of money, ahem.... talent and personal ethics / motivation / effort. 29 years old and well let me be the first to congratulate you mate.......

HAPPY RETIREMENT F_CKO, ALL THE BEST,  ENJOY, DONT DO TOO MUCH NOW, TAKE IT EASY.

Retirement-card-message-to-wish-someone-

so apt,

I guess if there is ever a type of player that gets an owner having doubts he wants to carry on in football........He is that player.

Edited by TRO
  • Thanks 1

why is villa always that club that signs all the awful players that the footballing world doesn't want on a stupid high wage? its been going on for years and doesn't look like itll ever end, I stopped investing my money into villa through match attending and merch when oneill left as there has been nothing worth investing in, Richards, from day 1, was always questionable, another high paid piece of dross that had no motivation in coming here and helping villas cause.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AndyBM said:

why is villa always that club that signs all the awful players that the footballing world doesn't want on a stupid high wage? its been going on for years and doesn't look like itll ever end, I stopped investing my money into villa through match attending and merch when oneill left as there has been nothing worth investing in, Richards, from day 1, was always questionable, another high paid piece of dross that had no motivation in coming here and helping villas cause.

I can only guess that we have found ourselves in a kinda wilderness like Sunderland, where in an effort for a quick return to sanity ( i guess) we have attracted the wrong characters.

when i can reminisce at some of the sound characters its enough to make you weep.

On 01/09/2017 at 19:08, TRO said:

so apt,

I guess if there is ever a type of player that gets an owner having doubts he wants to carry on in football........He is that player.

Whoa.... I forgot I wrote that. I think it was the AM after the window closed. Short post this time but yeah was disappointed at our residual passenger just well , oh never mind. You know what though he's not even worth the breath or the typing. Could be the nicest guy in the world but I don't care. Atrocious attitude and awful value for money. Have seen more get up and go from certain Jeremy Kyle guests. 

3 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Whoa.... I forgot I wrote that. I think it was the AM after the window closed. Short post this time but yeah was disappointed at our residual passenger just well , oh never mind. You know what though he's not even worth the breath or the typing. Could be the nicest guy in the world but I don't care. Atrocious attitude and awful value for money. Have seen more get up and go from certain Jeremy Kyle guests. 

You could have said "ditto":)

• Like 1

Â