Micah Richards

Demitri_C

10 hours ago, TRO said:

Is Geoff Vowden still with us too?

I vividly remember the Villa Bournemouth game in, what, 1972...?......

...there was a tannoy announcement that a telephone call had been received claiming there was a bomb in the ground.....

. some bloke piped up "'let's hope it's down Vowdens shorts he could do with a rocket up his arse...":)

(of course, Vowden had the last laugh in that - wonderful / game )

• Like 3

11 hours ago, TRO said:

Is Geoff Vowden still with us too?

Vowden was not all that bad for us. It was just hard to stomach that he came from the scum.

And Trev was mustard, got stuck in and we needed him at the time as we were far too timid.

52 minutes ago, terrytini said:

I vividly remember the Villa Bournemouth game in, what, 1972...?......

...there was a tannoy announcement that a telephone call had been received claiming there was a bomb in the ground.....

. some bloke piped up "'let's hope it's down Vowdens shorts he could do with a rocket up his arse...":)

(of course, Vowden had the last laugh in that - wonderful / game )

I remember it well, I was just 9 and went with my Dad. A bloke sold Dad two tickets for the Witton Lane at face value. He pointed at the already heaving Holte and said, "The boy won't see a thing in there". 

Appart from the goals, I remember Ray Graydon tying one of their players up in knots before eventually being fouled. As soon as the ref blew up, Ray picked up the ball and handed it to the player as if it was a gift. Everyone fell about. 

Happy days :D

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Grasshopper said:

Vowden was not all that bad for us. It was just hard to stomach that he came from the scum.

And Trev was mustard, got stuck in and we needed him at the time as we were far too timid.

As you probably Gather GH.....I love the Trevor Hockey type , busy all action.

yeah Geoff was ok......for that era.

I know he is a big guy, but he looks terribly out of shape.  Are we just playing him at present in the hope that someone is daft enough to take him off us?   Otherwise, I cannot see him making a single appearance this coming season for us.  

11 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

FFS its ridiculous this waste of space is still getting minutes.

Him and Hutton playing CB you just couldn't make this shit up.

I agree it should never happen but it's a friendly and there were no alternatives due to injuries (other than flogging chester and terry for the full 90 - they at least look likely to form a good partnership)

2 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

I agree it should never happen but it's a friendly and there were no alternatives due to injuries (other than flogging chester and terry for the full 90 - they at least look likely to form a good partnership)

Well, if that is the best we can do, we are seriously in need of a couple more centre backs.

Why not involve a couple of young guys?

• Like 1

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Well, if that is the best we can do, we are seriously in need of a couple more centre backs.

Problem is most of them played Tuesday at Kiddi or Telford and Wednesday in the U23 game.

Just now, AntrimBlack said:

Baker and Samba carrying knocks so couldn't play today.

De laet is still recovering, Mitch Clark played last night and presumably, Elphick on his way out so not risked.

i doubt we'll see Richards much or Hutton at centre back again - it was needed to rest terry and chester who aren't ready for 90 minutes.

There to ride out the minutes. I sincerely doubt we'll ever see him in another competitive match that matters ever again. That is a very good thing seeing as he is hopeless.

• Like 1

Â