Micah Richards

Demitri_C

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Turn your heads away if this hurts too much, but here it is.  Note at 0.44 - Richards is in front of Shane Long, never mind Tadić.

That touch from bacuna is quite possibly the worst touch I've ever seen. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, jon_c said:

He has absolutely no defensive discipline to play at right back (or indeed any defensive position). So often last season he'd bomb forward, lose the ball, and then jog casually back. Leaving huge gaps in defence. It didn't appear to be his mistake, because other defenders were having to run out of position to cover the space he had left. But a lot of our problems were definitely at his door.

This isn't the Hutton thread!!!! I put a defensive RB as I don't want him crossing the half way line. I actually want a brand new RB but I think he's the best of a bad lot. 

4 hours ago, sne said:

C'mon Swansea, with Williams going you need Richards!

He is versatile and can play in a number of positions. CB, RB, even DCM...

:ph34r:

he was playing striker and on the wing at times last season

• Like 1

Watching that video really rammed home how bad he is. That wasn't PL quality, or League 2 quality, or even park football quality. Absolutely embarrassing that we even made him captain.

6 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

That's it isn't it. This rocket polisher started the season as team captain, and ended it walking 20 yards back from the centre circle while play passed on ahead of him because he couldn't be **** arsed to break into a jog. 

When I think how much he was paid, the role he was given, the amount he protested that the team really were trying, honest - for me, he's the worst of the lot. 

Totally agree. He looked like a sunday morning pub player who couldn't be arsed...and that is no exaggeration. 

And as for that interview with tissue stuck up his nose...

worst player ive ever seen play for the villa.

When a player is presented with a contract, is there a clause present in exchange for lucrative wages, the player must play to the best of their ability? if so, then he is in breach of contract. However, if that is the best of his ability, then we would have been better off selecting a random 10 year old kid with stars in his eyes from the crowd. He would have done just as good a job, make more effort, and would gladly do it for free.

Big surprise for me was hearing he was on the bench on Sunday. Was that because RDM sees Bacuna as a winger and means Richards is literally the only cover at RB in the first team squad? Is Richards to be used while he's still here? Is he staying? Seems obvious we're trying to offload Gabby, Veretout, Lescott and Bennett. Richards and Kozak are the ones its hard to know what the thinking is. Who knows what happens now with Kozak? Richards surely has a release clause. I wonder if he will play tonight?

2 minutes ago, sexbelowsound said:

Ignore me if this has been discussed already but with big t saying there are no more clauses does that mean the apparent £5m clause in Richards contract doesn't exist?

Ignored!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IwishIwasalivein1982 said:

I think he meant clauses for players we actually want at the club

I would have thought we would have wanted to keep Gana plus Richards is making match day squads. 

Also, two players with £5m clauses. Who do you take? Clark or Richards?

Edited by sexbelowsound

17 hours ago, Gary Thomas said:

Turn your heads away if this hurts too much, but here it is.  Note at 0.44 - Richards is in front of Shane Long, never mind Tadić.

Man, I don't even remember this. I've successfully suppressed most of my memories from last season. Just shocking from Richards, and that Lukaku-esque 1 touch through ball to the opposition from your own half from Bacuna was sublime.  I do vaguely remember 2 tidy finishes from Westwood though.

• Like 1

Â