Micah Richards

Demitri_C

9 minutes ago, Villaninireland said:

he can no longer cope with "running" up & down the wing .

That didn't seem to stop him galloping up the pitch wildly out of position much like former Brazil and Bayer Leverkusen Centre back Lucío without the skill all last season. He can't play right back for the same reason he can't play centre back, because he's shite.

Edited by villa89
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

That didn't seem to stop him galloping up the pitch wildly out of position much like former Brazil and Bayer Leverkusen Centre back Lucío all last season. He can't play right back for the same reason he can't play centre back, because he's shite.

I know, but Hutton is shite as well, I'm clutching at straws I know, I just can't cope with watching Hutton play all season at right back, the thought makes me want to cry, at least i can see an end in site for Sissoko. 

To be honest we have some poor choices at right back right now and I do think we have to replace if we can but midfield is still a priority at the moment for me.  maybe before the end of the window we will see someone come in but with

Hutton - looked pants in premier league maybe championship will suit

Bacuna - I'd rather not be at the club but RDM seems to like him

Richards - Dog turd

Hutton is the lesser of three evils .

Maybe I am remembering poorly, but I don't think Richards ever looked bad at right back for us. I can't remember a time where he messed up so badly that made me think he wouldn't be a decent right back whereas I remember numerous occasions that have made me believe he is a terrible centerback. 

• Like 3

Play him as a defensive RB allow Amavi to bomb on so we virtually play 3 at the back sometimes and I think he'll be fine. We will have teams sitting deep at home so we need to be able to throw extra bodies forward. Play an attacking wide player like Adama on the right and he cast tack at will knowing that the RB is there for cover instead of Hutton galloping past the RM and never getting back into position. 

The one that sticks in my mind, possibly because it was towards the end of the season, was his part in the Southampton debacle. Bacuna hits a back pass from the opposition half, leaving Joleon 'the tortoise' Lescott in trouble. Meanwhile Richards is basically walking back just in the nick of time to see Southampton celebrating. He couldn't even be arsed to look like he wanted to help. That's not the attributes I'm looking for in an Aston Villa defender. 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The one that sticks in my mind, possibly because it was towards the end of the season, was his part in the Southampton debacle. Bacuna hits a back pass from the opposition half, leaving Joleon 'the tortoise' Lescott in trouble. Meanwhile Richards is basically walking back just in the nick of time to see Southampton celebrating. He couldn't even be arsed to look like he wanted to help. That's not the attributes I'm looking for in an Aston Villa defender. 

just had to watch that again.  every goal a defensive calamity we really were turd

7 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

yes, totally.

he also took a 'knock' in the first half and opted to come off at half time, putting toner on in his place.

great leadership right there, sacrificing yourself for a youth player to get a chance.

utter bottler and another overhyped England international.

• Like 1

Just now, theboyangel said:

yes, totally.

he also took a 'knock' in the first half and opted to come off at half time, putting toner on in his place.

great leadership right there, sacrificing yourself for a youth player to get a chance.

utter bottler and another overhyped England international.

I'd like to think he be too ashamed to even look Elphick in the eye, but he probably couldn't care less what anyone thinks of him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I remember it well, I was absolutely fuming. If he had even got a half a jog on he could have made it back as Lescott done well to hold him up...but no, he threw in the towel long before. What a prick this guy is.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

Yep, apologies, I've been so disappointed with seeing Hutton start the season at right back that I forgot what a complete useless piece if shit Richards was, and also a complete word removed to go with it.

How about Gabby at right back? No? 

I think he is a better RB than Hutton I agree. Just a shame he doesn't have any heart at all.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I can't bear to watch this again but, if I recall correctly, he was looking round and blinking as if surprised that there was a football game going on, with players running forward and scoring. Totally woeful performance that made me wish sincerely that he never starts a match in a Villa shirt ever again.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Just watched it again. That pass by Bacuna was shambolic. The first-touch pass from near the edge of the box that perfectly sets up a sitter is a beauty rarely seen.

Pity he hit it to an opposition player, from the wrong box.

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

Play him as a defensive RB 

He has absolutely no defensive discipline to play at right back (or indeed any defensive position). So often last season he'd bomb forward, lose the ball, and then jog casually back. Leaving huge gaps in defence. It didn't appear to be his mistake, because other defenders were having to run out of position to cover the space he had left. But a lot of our problems were definitely at his door.

Â