Micah Richards

Demitri_C

2 hours ago, omariqy said:

I know we've said no more release clauses but pretty sure Richards had one no? 

Yeah I think we have to pay the interested club £5m to take this one! ;)

5 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You bastard, I saw the post your referencing and my eyes lit up...

:ph34r:

Probably need to light up some more...

(Bastard? Depends on the definition. Not born out of wedlock, but in any other meaning of the word: yes, possibly.)

• Like 1

I took what Dr X said as meaning no more release clauses on players that we wanted to keep. Maybe I am being optimistic, but fingers crossed that means Richards is not going to be staying around.

6 minutes ago, Enda said:

Any chance he might come in in place of Hutton? Wishful thinking that he'd magically revert to a decent RB.

As bad as Hutton is, he's still better than Richards.

I'm glad this thread has moved to page two.  We need to keep it quiet he is still with us.  With Stones about to leave Everton and them having a wedge of cash having already taken one of ours due to a release clause it would be just like them to come looking for one of our best players to replace Stones.  Richards would be ideal and if they made a bid of 15M or so I cant see us turning that down,  money grabbing board that we have.

Oh shit just realised me posting has moved it back to page one!

Probably in a minority here but I'm OK with keeping him - I think he's a better option than Hutton at RB - though I have to confess I barely bothered watching us during the second half of last season so perhaps someone will put me to rights.  

Just now, PatrickCousens said:

Probably in a minority here but I'm OK with keeping him - I think he's a better option than Hutton at RB - though I have to confess I barely bothered watching us during the second half of last season so perhaps someone will put me to rights.  

No need to feel bad, most of our players didn't bother to play during the second half of last season.

8 minutes ago, roadoftrinity said:

Surely he would be better than Hutton at right back? He'd have to be wouldn't he? 

No. Utter liability when he played there last season & he himself said he can no longer cope with "running" up & down the wing .

Â