Micah Richards

Demitri_C

15 minutes ago, jon_c said:

If he went to Newcastle and he actually played regularly for them, I would be genuinely surprised if they even managed promotion next season. 

What about the other 10 players on the pitch though?

3 minutes ago, villan-scott said:

I wonder if Allardyce fancies signing him up just for England... There could be a first for everything I guess. Might suit Richards playing once every 3 months. 

It might do,  who knows he's at a stage now in his career where I guess he wants to be playing more often

All joking aside, I'd be pretty sure that release clauses can be waived if all parties agree to it.  Usually a release clause is there to either guarantee i) that the selling club gets compensated in some way or that ii) the player gets to leave without the buying club being held to unreasonable ransom.

But in a case where all 3 parties* want it, you could forego it.

* that is assuming that the 3rd party wants it of course.

1 minute ago, BOF said:

All joking aside, I'd be pretty sure that release clauses can be waived if all parties agree to it.  Usually a release clause is there to either guarantee i) that the selling club gets compensated in some way or that ii) the player gets to leave without the buying club being held to unreasonable ransom.

But in a case where all 3 parties* want it, you could forego it.

* that is assuming that the 3rd party wants it of course.

I think its 50/50

17 hours ago, KSV said:

What an absolute steal. Not even joking. Where else can you get an English international for 5 million. Can Play in multiple positions. Sunderland fans will be so happy with this deal. Shame.

We got him for free so really it should've been us with the brilliant deal.

At least we're making a profit on him which is amusing in itself given the season he had.

This link has been posted on the Sunderland forum:

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/sport/football/sunderland-afc/sunderland-won-t-be-signing-micah-richards-as-everton-and-leicester-are-linked-with-15m-kone-move-1-8034796?

Feels like the sort of news that should be delivered at your doorstep by two policemen who take their hats off before telling you the inevitable.

1 hour ago, TrentVilla said:

Anyone think we could find 1 million Villa fans will to donate £5?

Can you tell me how much that is in Australian dollars and ill post it today..

Just now, Richard said:

5million dollars should over it ta 

*cover...... well if im buying him all to myself best ship him over here my gutters need painting and the Mrs has been on at me to do it.

Â