Micah Richards

Demitri_C

5 minutes ago, av1 said:

If Sunderland sign this pair I'm going to absolutely lump on them to be relegated, because it confirms the idea that David Moyes is ruined as a manager, and good management is the only reason they stayed up last season. 

Imagine they win the league?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Has to be said. Richards sticks out as one of the worst defenders that I've ever seen in all of my years watching the Villa. He is utter, unmitigated shite of the highest imaginable order.

Plus, for all the Sunderland fans reading this, not only is this bloke a total disaster at centre half, having zero awareness and ability to read the game and a stupid proclivity to run out to the halfway line with the ball, he is also a shambles at right back. His body simply isn't up to playing at right back and he can't get up and down the pitch like he used to. When he defends at right back he is just a poor defender, when he goes forward he's extremely average and then can't make the ground to get back. 

Finally, for Sunderland fans concerned about wages, he was on a shit load here, at least £60k pw so you better hope he's up for a pay cut.

I think you are missing the point of the positive assessments.  Try again.   

What an absolute steal. Not even joking. Where else can you get an English international for 5 million. Can Play in multiple positions. Sunderland fans will be so happy with this deal. Shame.

• Like 1

If Sunderland do sign him (and N'Zogbia) then I think we really dodged a bullet with Moyes. I get the potential with Richards, but he has bulked up too much to be an effective RB anymore and has a complete lack of positional awareness. Seriously how many gaps in our defence last season did he cause?! It was ridiculous. He is not a CB and soon he won't be a RB. Clueless but N'Zogbia? At best I can see he is trying to impress to get the next contract and then he will go AWOL again when the going gets tough. 

To be fair most of the Sunderland fans do not seem to be keen and if they are its at RB. Most seem to have their head screwed on. 

It's been said before but if Sunderland sign both of them I would bet on them going down next season. 

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

46 minutes ago, KSV said:

Talk on Twitter it's actually Newcastle who want him. 

If he went to Newcastle and he actually played regularly for them, I would be genuinely surprised if they even managed promotion next season. 

As a right back I don't mind us keeping him. Would be a pretty solid Championship right back.

As a centre back there is no way I want him anywhere near the team.

Edited by PieFacE

Â