Micah Richards

Demitri_C

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Call me insane or crazy, but if possible, I'd like to keep Richards for next season. I'd rather have Richards starting at right back than Hutton. 

You're crazy.

He can't be arsed as it is, you really think he is going to give a **** playing Rotherham away?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

You're crazy.

He can't be arsed as it is, you really think he is going to give a **** playing Rotherham away?

Yes because he did it in the cups multiple times. Richards never seemed like he didn't care. It's actually the opposite. Only issue Richards had was he didn't seem like a good enough center back for the premier league. Right back he was a bit better, but still wouldn't have been classified as a good one. That could come down to the personnel around him, or just Richards is incapable of ever being in the right position defensively. I think he would be a good defender in the championship. I mean when you look at some of the better defenders down there, most of them struggled in the premier league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Yes because he did it in the cups multiple times. Richards never seemed like he didn't care. It's actually the opposite. Only issue Richards had was he didn't seem like a good enough center back for the premier league. Right back he was a bit better, but still wouldn't have been classified as a good one. That could come down to the personnel around him, or just Richards is incapable of ever being in the right position defensively. I think he would be a good defender in the championship. I mean when you look at some of the better defenders down there, most of them struggled in the premier league. 

There was a time he cared, indeed. He would surge from defence, he would fist pump. He hasn't done that in months. He doesn't surge forward, he certainly doesn't track back. His first pump replaced by open arms of blame at everyone but himself.

His ground covered stats are shambolic. He doesn't care.

FWIW he would be excellent at RB in the Championship, would murder teams. I just don't think he wants it anymore.

26 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Call me insane or crazy, but if possible, I'd like to keep Richards for next season. I'd rather have Richards starting at right back than Hutton. 

I have the feeling that Richards is a bit of a follower and with a bunch of dedicated professionals around him, he would follow suit. That being said you have to judge a man on his own standing, and also the company he keeps but here's hoping.

I was looking over Lescott's Instagram t'other day and I remember seeing a picture of him and Richards in American football get-up from before the season with the tag "missed this guy so much, going to be having such a laugh again" or something of the like, was just thinking the mentality is so so wrong, 1st things 1st av' a laff'. It should "looking forward dominating the defence etc etc" all seems to become about having a laugh and banter 1st, football and professionalism 2nd. I get that gist from Agbong, Guzan, Richards and Lescott et. al. Maybe I'm reading to much into it.

Edited by GENTLEMAN

16 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Indeed he wins almost all 1-1 challenges, it just that his positioning is exceptionally bad at times. Maybe in the Championship, where strikers are less cute and little more direct, he'll have more success. That being said I still think his 'man city stock' is high enough to get a decent fee for him. Time will tell but wouldn't mind if he was still around (surrounded by bunch of new professional badasses) next season.

3 minutes ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Indeed he wins almost all 1-1 challenges, it just that his positioning is exceptionally bad at times. Maybe in the Championship, where strikers are less cute and little more direct, he'll have more success. That being said I still think his 'man city stock' is high enough to get a decent fee for him. Time will tell but wouldn't mind if he was still around (surrounded by bunch of new professional badasses) next season.

I definitely think someone will snatch him up. A few clubs who finished close to the bottom and some newly promoted teams would probably see him as a good experienced defender. As long as he isn't used day in and day out, I think he could be useful for a few premier league clubs. 

12 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I definitely think someone will snatch him up. A few clubs who finished close to the bottom and some newly promoted teams would probably see him as a good experienced defender. As long as he isn't used day in and day out, I think he could be useful for a few premier league clubs. 

Deffo, but TBF I think he should be playing week in week out, he's 27 years old, in his prime. That in itself is a damning statement.

I think he's better than Hutton.

But I don't care.

As shit as Hutton can be, at least he appears to try, and want to play. 

I'd keep Hutton out of the two (although ideally as a number 2 RB). He's probably on significantly less wages too.

1 hour ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

I'd say you're both.

He's shit and he's on like £80k a week.

He is on 60, and I am sure there is a clause in his contract that reduces that. We need a right back. Hutton can't be our only right back going into next season. Who can we possibly sign? 

There's no chance we'll get rid of this guy. He's said himself that he's too old to run up and down the right hand side - and he's proven that he's utterly incapable of being a centre back. Why would anyone sign him to pay him even a fraction of those wages?

No.

He's lazy, ill disciplined positionally, and has at least 2 brain explosions every game.

Also considering his personality is a big loud joker, he's the wrong type of senior player to have in the dressing room at the moment.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

He is on 60, and I am sure there is a clause in his contract that reduces that. We need a right back. Hutton can't be our only right back going into next season. Who can we possibly sign? 

I doubt their is, we got him on a Bosman and had competition for him so doubt is a clause

Â