Micah Richards

Demitri_C

On 15/11/2017 at 18:32, VillaChris said:

How long did Beye have left on his deal when we released him? Pretty sure Given also had a year left on his deal when we agreed to let him go on a free.

There are examples. No one is coming in to sign Richards let's be honest so he'll be leaving on a free regardless in May 2019 if we have to wait that long.

That’s different. That’s a mutual agreement to terminate a contract. 

Which is an option if the player wants to do it. 

If the player doesn’t want to do it then it can’t happen

I just hope he leaves soon. Just a waste of wages and shouldn't be near the first team.

He has worked under a few managers now and it is the same story with him.

He should still be in his prime with a good few years in him and easily piss this level, sadly he looks like he has given up on football.

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do other clubs end up with these over paid  mercenaries on long contracts that give up on football? First Nzogbia and now Richards. 

An agent and over the hill footballers dream! 

Yep. Plenty of these sorts floating around the game, most clubs will have had one or two at one time or another especially those that churn managers.

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Do other clubs end up with these over paid  mercenaries on long contracts that give up on football? First Nzogbia and now Richards. 

You can see about half a dozen on Tuesday. Even Jack Rodwell might grace their bench for a treat.

• Haha 1

If he wasn’t bleeding the club dry I would feel slightly sorry for Richards, and others like Rodwell. Almost constant injury has derailed both their once promising (yes really) careers to the point where they should really just retire. Presumably they only continue the constant nightmare of repetitive injury and recovery because they were handed long lucrative contracts. Be interested to see what they do when there contracts run out now that they can’t fool anybody that they are fit (literally) to play professional football. 

You have to be amazed though don't you on the complete lack of due diligence shown by football clubs. 

These are vast investments for clubs which as we have seen with ourselves can cripple the future operation of the club i.e ability to sign more decent players afterwards. 

They just seem to pay so little attention to a players past injury record and attitude. 

Shows that whilst the money within the game has changed out of recognition, the clubs are still run in the same amateurish way as before. 

Edited by sidcow

4 hours ago, kwoktolai said:

Can avfc employ him to wipe arse for supporters at one of the loo at holte end? Might as well utilise resources 

He could serve at one of the refreshment booths. Might reduce my wait for curry sauce and chips from 25 minutes to 24 and a half minutes. 

He could surely manage to pour the curry sauce on the chips, and at no additional cost to the club. 

Jobs a good un. 

1 hour ago, mikeyjavfc said:

Be interested to see what they do when there contracts run out now that they can’t fool anybody that they are fit (literally) to play professional football. 

Richards has a property business, no doubt being bankrolled by AVFC at the moment

6 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

We'll see an entire team's worth of such players at Villa Park on Tuesday.

What I have heard  is that he has never rocked the boat, it is just that he is injured all the time. Do we do medicals any more at Villa when players sign? I can't think of many players in recent times who have has such a rapid descent from England international level, to barely professional footballer before hitting 30. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sidcow said:

You have to be amazed though don't you on the complete lack of due diligence shown by football clubs. 

These are vast investments for clubs which as we have seen with ourselves can cripple the future operation of the club i.e ability to sign more decent players afterwards. 

They just seem to pay so little attention to a players past injury record and attitude. 

Shows that whilst the money within the game has changed out of recognition, the clubs are still run in the same amateurish way as before. 

It's called gambling, which is what you do with every signing you make.

You could do all the due diligence in the world, sign a player who then breaks their leg in the first training session.

17 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

It's called gambling, which is what you do with every signing you make.

You could do all the due diligence in the world, sign a player who then breaks their leg in the first training session.

I am sure if they had asked a few questions though the attitude towards their career and life in general would have raised some questions about how wise it would be to sign Richards and McCormack. 

Â