Micah Richards

Demitri_C

20 hours ago, KSV said:

Richards will be our starting RB this season. Heard from a good source. ;)

Are you sure you didn't hear this when you were on the sauce? 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to bump this thread again but it appears as though, somehow, Richards is still in Bruce's plans. Watched a short interview with him, during the Terry "unveiling" and he said as much, along the lines of he'll have a part to play if he can get himself fit.

Maybe it's just a case of no club being even remotely interested in taking him on. I really hope we can shift a good amount of players out before the first game though, just as important (if not more so) than incomings...

I think it looks like we have no way of getting rid of him. If he can get fit and make some kind of contribution then we may as well use him.

Looking at last season he was supposed to be the older head, and proved that he wasn't up to the role. Maybe Terry can get the last bit of juice out of him.

Although I remember a few on here saying they'd heard behind the scenes he was finished in the game? Shame and a waste of resources if true.

3 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

When he first arrived at the club, Bruce said of Richards 'he's a stick on if fit'. What people on this forum heard, loud and clear, was 'he's a stick on' and there was much uproar and consternation, though clearly the important part of the sentence is 'if fit', which allows Bruce massive latitude in interpreting his fitness. Lo and behold, Richards didn't play a part at all. 

Now the line is 'he'll have a part to play if fit', and I expect the forum to hear 'he'll have a part to play' very loudly and 'if fit' not at all, yet once again, I suspect 'if fit' is the important part of the sentence. 

Exactly this. Bruce is giving him the chance, he's talking him up...so either way he'll have a decent player to utilise or another club will take a chance on him.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

He will never be "fit" ever again. He can be uninjured but you only have to look at the guy against Luton to realise his body has gone. The hips don't lie and this guy runs like a 50 year old.

No i don't  think he's  been fit since he came here. His performances in the relegation season were like mine when I used to play on a sunday morning, after a session the night before.

Just hope someone else thinks he's worth a gamble ;)

• Like 1

I'm not sure if any/many of us are overestimating or talking up the effects that Terry can have on the club, it's easy to get caught up in the general "hysteria" or buzz - we are just so used to being disappointed though. I would hope that he could at least have an effect on some of our players (such as Richards, if we are stuck with him) and make them more disciplined and organised. I'm sure most players would listen and look up to him so he may be able to sort a few of them out in that sense. That really is Bruce's job though...

Edited by Jas10

Im all for giving him a chance. I thought he was better at RB as it seemed to suit his style but if Bruce wants to play a back 3 system then he would be ideal on the right side of it. If he fails in a team with Terry and Chester beside him then I think he is done.

8 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

When he first arrived at the club, Bruce said of Richards 'he's a stick on if fit'. What people on this forum heard, loud and clear, was 'he's a stick on' and there was much uproar and consternation, though clearly the important part of the sentence is 'if fit', which allows Bruce massive latitude in interpreting his fitness. Lo and behold, Richards didn't play a part at all. 

Now the line is 'he'll have a part to play if fit', and I expect the forum to hear 'he'll have a part to play' very loudly and 'if fit' not at all, yet once again, I suspect 'if fit' is the important part of the sentence. 

Well I heard the whole sentence and still despaired.

There is far more to how awful Richards is than just his fitness.

If I could have just one wish it would be for him to be as far away from the Team as possible and I shudder at even the vague possibility that Bruce is considering him.

I dearly hope Bruce is saying it because he is stuck with him. I'd be very concerned about Bruce if not. 

3 hours ago, AndyM3000 said:

Im all for giving him a chance. I thought he was better at RB as it seemed to suit his style but if Bruce wants to play a back 3 system then he would be ideal on the right side of it. If he fails in a team with Terry and Chester beside him then I think he is done.

I'm not. He is dreadful in every way.

On 19/06/2017 at 11:57, rodders0223 said:

You put your left arm out, your right arm out, you do the shrug of the shoulders and stomp your feet about. You do your little tantrum and point fingers at anyone who's around. That's what's it's all about.

Ohhhhh, the Micah Richards.

It's your fault, it's his fault. Ra Ra Ra

Says it all, perfectly.

Â