Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Let's be honest none of you, including me, would give up a 50k a week contract. Why should he be any different? Blame Timmy and the board at the time for sanctioning that contract. He was well within his rights to see out his contract.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Newry_Villan said:

Let's be honest none of you, including me, would give up a 50k a week contract. Why should he be any different? Blame Timmy and the board at the time for sanctioning that contract. He was well within his rights to see out his contract.  

Believe me i despise every single person who thought giving him this contract was good business.

Within he's rights it may be, but I still think he's a waste of space who contributed to our decline. 

1 minute ago, Jimzk5 said:

Thanks for memories micah. 

By memories I mean nightmares of you charging forward and losing the ball then standing still hands on hips whilst the opposition scored. 

Enjoy the money you drained from us.

My personal favourite was that one time (and by one I mean at least two dozen) his man peeled off him (and by peeled I mean strolled) and Micah instinctively demanded more from his teammates (and by demanding more I mean flapped his arms about in a "WTF whose man is that???" motion.Good times. Good times.)

It was your man Micah, 11 times out of 10 it was your man. We could tell that by the fact when the ball was played he was standing 0.000001 ft away from you.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Believe me i despise every single person who thought giving him this contract was good business.

Within he's rights it may be, but I still think he's a waste of space who contributed to our decline. 

Poor negotiating. We could have played hardball over his contract as, let's be honest, he wasn't really in demand from any other clubs. Someone like Levy would never had agreed to his astonimical salary demands. 

9 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

Poor negotiating. We could have played hardball over his contract as, let's be honest, he wasn't really in demand from any other clubs. Someone like Levy would never had agreed to his astonimical salary demands. 

he was signing for Sunderland before we stepped in and offered him this deal.

2 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

I fully agree with you, but I honestly think there are some people who aren't the Richards and Jack Rodwell's of this world. I am fairly certain if not absolutely certain, I'd rather play football week in and week out for £ 20 k a week than £ 50 k/week for doing **** all. 

I don't get the anger. It was his last contract. Why give it up for free? Be real. He got unlucky with injuries, so couldn't just go to another club. Don't blame players for bad management.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, KenjiOgiwara said:

I fully agree with you, but I honestly think there are some people who aren't the Richards and Jack Rodwell's of this world. I am fairly certain if not absolutely certain, I'd rather play football week in and week out for £ 20 k a week than £ 50 k/week for doing **** all. 

I heard rumours that a few clubs have tried to sign him, but he failed the medical so couldn’t leave. 

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

we probably did try to play hardball 😂

Of course he was well within his to see out a contract we signed.

Likewise, we are well within our rights to call him a useless scrounger who has been a burden to the club and used up wages that could have gone to actual football players.

He will keep his cash but he wont get any kind words from me. My only regret is we didnt get a chance to give him the good booing he richly deserved before he finally got shoved out the door in disgrace.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

Has he gone?

Have to say this is the biggest disappointment for me as a Villa fan, I had always wanted Villa to sign him when he was breaking through the Man City team, he seems exciting, strong and pacey.

So when we signed him I was pretty happy, safe to say it’s been more disappointing then Curcic, losing Yorke, Barry, Young, Milner, Delph, Benteke or Nilis breaking his leg. Hmmm actually maybe not that disappointing, but still pretty crap. 

17 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Has he gone?

Have to say this is the biggest disappointment for me as a Villa fan, I had always wanted Villa to sign him when he was breaking through the Man City team, he seems exciting, strong and pacey.

So when we signed him I was pretty happy, safe to say it’s been more disappointing then Curcic, losing Yorke, Barry, Young, Milner, Delph, Benteke or Nilis breaking his leg. Hmmm actually maybe not that disappointing, but still pretty crap. 

He has no brain or footballing intelligence but those qualities you listed made him a very reactionary player, his athleticism could bail him out. As soon as his knees started to go he was done as he couldn't adapt. 

Â