Micah Richards

Demitri_C

53 minutes ago, villafan306 said:

It would be the result of cost cutting measures - less money coming into the club doesn't just mean cutting back on player wages.  Unfortunately it would be across the whole club,

In the Championship, at least, and hopefully we will not drop any further than that, I think exactly the same staff would be required and I suspect the players wages would bear the full cost of any required reductions.

Anyway, thanks for the response. Sad times, if it happens.

• Like 1

Guzan is a grade A arse-wipe of a man anyway and shouldn't play for us again.

Loud mouth unfunny yank clearing in the woods.

What a load of shit.

I don't understand this level of personal abuse aimed towards players. It's utterly embarrassing.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

What a load of shit.

I don't understand this level of personal abuse aimed towards players. It's utterly embarrassing.

villa fans have a terrible reputation for getting on players and managers back. ive read so many times how other fans have labelled our lot an horrible bunch. all this abuse will cement peoples view of us. im angry myself but i think some fans are just taking it too far.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Villan4Life said:

He told me they were seeing who could spit their chewing gum nearest to the touchline

Judging by the number of times Brad's kicks go out of play, I'm surprised he knows where/what the touchline is. :)

Edited by snowychap

1 minute ago, Butterfingers said:

Having watched the two videos, (the Richards one and the one with the players boarding the team coach), I think the two are entirely different scenarios.

I think the fans behind the dug out were entitled to voice concern about the attitude of Guzan and Lescott-As said, it was hardly the crime of the century but people are entitled to question it. Fair play to Richards and I hope he realised why the fans were angry.

The video outside the ground does not make comfortable viewing. Notwithstanding the fact that many kids would have been there, to witness the players boarding the coach, the level of abuse was totally unacceptable-Sickening in fact. I would like to see that bloke tell Richards that he's a "f####n w####r" on a quiet, dimly lit car park and see how long he lasts.

As many have said, this behaviour does not help-The ball is already a hot potato for many in the side, knowing fans are reacting like this will only make it worse. In the grand scheme of things was a draw really that catastrophic? The 3rd round is a banana skin-Look at Swansea, Man U, WBA for example. Everton only managed 2-0 against non-league opposition.

I appreciate that its 5 years worth of frustrations building up but the players are not the ones who should be on the receiving end of this kind of behaviour. Nobody should have been subjected to the level of abuse that this moron in the video directed. How is that going to inspire these players to bust a gut for our club?

i do think the result and performance was bad though. yes you get upsets in the cup but our run is beyond a joke now.

19 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Any player who tells a fan to f*** off should be fined. It's no more complicated than that.

If rumours are to be believed neither will be playing for us for much longer

Fair play to Micah for the chat, but are you really, really trying? Just watched their chance before our goal, where Okore had to get a late foot on it (around 16 mins). Left his man in space and to say he made a half-hearted attempt to get back to him is an understatement. Even if say it wasn't his man, if you see an opponent in on goal you bust your ass to get to him. Maybe you don't reach him, but when you've got a man sprinting at you it adds pressure to the shot.

Edited by a-k
  • Like 1

We're on our worst run in our 140 year history and haven't won in 21 matches. Players are going to get abuse at any club in the world when that happens. 

Understandable that they get "abuse" for their football. Not personally though.

What has Guzan done, outside of this incident (which you specified) to make him a "grade A arsewipe" or a "clearing in the woods"?

It really is a posionous feel around the club now and given relegation is fast approaching the mood isn't going to pick up and will probably get worse as we'll lose plenty more games before the season is out.

It's a shame as I do think the fans have been very patient during the last 3-4 years. Let's face it most of us have been used to being in the top half of the league yet there was plenty of patience shown in the Lambert reign when the results were dismal and even during some of the defeats earlier this season.

It's all coming to a head now though and that will be a problem getting in fresh blood, targeted players will be texting and calling existing ones here and I wouldn't be surprised if they're being warned off as how many players would want to come to a team bottom of the league and with a growing mutiny occuring.

It's a vicious cycle I'm afraid. I do think a big squad turnover is needed again just to get in players untarnished with this so fans will cut them more slack and get behind them next season. Whether they'll be any good of course is another debate.

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

It really is a posionous feel around the club now and given relegation is fast approaching the mood isn't going to pick up and will probably get worse as we'll lose plenty more games before the season is out.

It's a shame as I do think the fans have been very patient during the last 3-4 years. Let's face it most of us have been used to being in the top half of the league yet there was plenty of patience shown in the Lambert reign when the results were dismal and even during some of the defeats earlier this season.

It's all coming to a head now though and that will be a problem getting in fresh blood, targeted players will be texting and calling existing ones here and I wouldn't be surprised if they're being warned off as how many players would want to come to a team bottom of the league and with a growing mutiny occuring.

It's a vicious cycle I'm afraid. I do think a big squad turnover is needed again just to get in players untarnished with this so fans will cut them more slack and get behind them next season. Whether they'll be any good of course is another debate.

Absolutely Chris. We need so many clean slates. It's a shame to see players like Veretout, Gil and Ayew get absolute pelters from the fans. They were untarnished.

It's so counter productive. The whole thing is a mess.

For his part, I think Richards is part of the solution, the rebuild rather than one for the cull.

Absolutely Chris. We need so many clean slates. It's a shame to see players like Veretout, Gil and Ayew get absolute pelters from the fans. They were untarnished.

It's so counter productive. The whole thing is a mess.

For his part, I think Richards is part of the solution, the rebuild rather than one for the cull.

Â