Micah Richards

Demitri_C

Good interview I would say, if the players can't handle the truth and get upset by that interview, then they might as well f%ck off. The team is full of spineless cowards. 

Like Grealish being thrown to the u21 team, if we are to have any chance of survival this season, then players need to react positively to these stuff and not start crying about it.  All the players deserve more than "a bit of a harsh interview" in my opinion,they deserve a kick in their backside and fined for all their wages. 

That interview is putrid. Shut up Micah you fool.

Looks like there is, or was, a split in the dressing room there to me. Micah and Tim were one side laughing that the players couldn't speak English. Tim realised he was going to get the sack and cut them all adrift. This interview makes me hate Tim Sherwood more than before. I **** hate him, the word removed.

Micah's OK when the ball comes into the area he's standing but general positioning and use of the ball when it's at his feet are shameful. Lift your game you tit. We are an open door with him in the side.. Absolutely no composure. If we're 2-0 up with 5 mins left I'd have no faith of keeping a clean sheet.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

Micah and Tim were one side laughing that the players couldn't speak English.

I think you may have got yourself a tad carried away there 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Tomaszk said:

That interview is putrid. Shut up Micah you fool.

Looks like there is, or was, a split in the dressing room there to me. Micah and Tim were one side laughing that the players couldn't speak English. Tim realised he was going to get the sack and cut them all adrift. This interview makes me hate Tim Sherwood more than before. I **** hate him, the word removed.

Oh dear

• Like 1

It's one thing a team captain telling the rest of the squad to buck up and work harder but it's a whole bigger issue doing it in the media. 

Keep comments like that inside the dressing room, as what is said in there should stay in there.

If people and pundits and reporters from outside the club think that we are in disarray, then this interview has totally confirmed those opinions.

Everyone and his dog in the 'media' are happy to have a pop at the club and this just gives them more ammunition to make us look like a basket case club.

I have been critical of Richards, but I am with him on this one. Yes it probably isn't a nice thing to hear, but currently we are sleepwalking our way to relegation. The players need to wake up and fight, if they are so precious that they cannot take a bit of critiscism and a few home truths then we are doomed anyway. Pull your socks up lads, we have to fight on our hands here.

• Like 2

I agree with Tomaszk. That interview came across to me as echoing the Sherwood 'blame the foreigners' narrative. The issue supposedly is their need to adapt and the language barrier...so what about Lescott, Richardson, Gabby and Westwood then? Or Villa fan Grealish? 

• Like 1

are players really going to show a lot of fight because richards slated them in an interview? I doubt it
To me it just seems like its going to provide a greater divide between players with less trust.

i would understand if it was in January/February and it was a "last chance of trying something, may aswell and hope for the best, nothing else is working" ... but we just got a new manager, wait and see how things go for a couple of months before slating people for work that was done under the previous manager

Edited by gharperr

59 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's a dangerous tactic.

I wonder if garde and Richards have planned this, given they've both taken a hard approach this week.

We'll see how the players react.

Well the "nice" nicey approach hasnt worked so I have no issues with what Micah said barring the comment I highlighted on last page. I never thought i would say this but we need a Joey Barton type in the squad someone who can get the worst out of these babies

I would be extremely surprised if the players weren't expecting this message.

I expect Remi has been banging this drum in training all week, and so there's no hiding place for the players, has asked Micah to give this message in his interview.

I don't think the club is feckless enough that it has no control over media messages given by its own players. I don't see this as Richards going rogue

This interview will not have a negative impact on what happens in training or on matchday.  It will be analysed by the media and fans far more than it will inside the camp IMO.  Any communication they're doing amongst themselves will happen privately.  This is little more than fulfilling media duties IMHO.

• Like 3

Â