Hi-Fi Equipment

choffer

Oh joy, I found another gem. A mint pair of "B&W 803 Diamond"  :wub: They sound just as good as I hoped. Heavy bastards to lug home.

Now my only problem is that the HTM2 center is in a slightly different colour. Real picture incoming

Happy camper!!!!! :D

image.thumb.png.199157b403f9df938fc82fff4cb5f429.png

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...

Wife wants me to get rid of my faithful old black Aiwa speakers, and said she will get these:

spacer.png

Dali Oberon 5's. Not usually the kind of money I'd spend TBH, but they have great reviews.

Anyone familiar with them?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rjw63 said:

Dali Oberon 5's. Not usually the kind of money I'd spend TBH, but they have great reviews.

Anyone familiar with them?

Dali have a good rep through the years. Solid choice

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Dedicated Stream-device. Bluesound Node2i. Wanted a black one but got it in a clearout about 30% off so cant complain, Great device and an awesome dac by NAD. Does all the streaming I want and connects to my music storage at home.

Fsey71i.png

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 09/06/2021 at 19:11, chrisp65 said:

Reel to reel

image.thumb.jpeg.deb083ec0603d025a4804148cb32dea2.jpeg

You still looking @mjmooney ?

I've always had a passion for reel-to-reel tape recorders and have a Sony TC-645, in what might just about amount to a collection.

Much to my shock/surprise, I found one for sale on-line for €1400, and there was me thinking of giving it away.

I've always yearned for a high-end Sony like Techmoan's or a Revox but never had the iron.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, MakemineVanilla said:

CD players are usually not what you might call exciting but there are exceptions:

His PIONEER RT-909 Reel-to-Reel goes for roughly 2 to 3 grand at the moment. :huh:

Edited by Tegis
:huh:

• 2 weeks later...

A turntable I bought in December didn't work on receipt and I was wondering if to get a swap or money back. Today I bought a Thorens td150 MK2 and although it came in at 300, quote pleased to be paying it. 

On 22/01/2022 at 12:31, MakemineVanilla said:

Presumably people have found alternatives for their holiday funds.

I think that's right.I was planning a nice trip to somewhere hot and sunny, but instead, I decided to splash out on a kWh of gas for the central heating. It's not as hot, and doesn't last as long, but still, small comforts, eh?

I need to clear out some old speakers and an amp. Don't fancy using that there e-bay, though. Shame local papers aren't really a thing any more.

47 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think that's right.I was planning a nice trip to somewhere hot and sunny, but instead, I decided to splash out on a kWh of gas for the central heating. It's not as hot, and doesn't last as long, but still, small comforts, eh?

I need to clear out some old speakers and an amp. Don't fancy using that there e-bay, though. Shame local papers aren't really a thing any more.

I think I have still got all the hi-fi kit I ever bought, except for the pair of Wharfdale Denon speakers I traded for some Acoustic research.

Correction - I once sold some Leak speakers to a mate at work.

As you mention above, it will be interesting to see which economic sectors will suffer, as increased energy costs gobble up discretionary spending.

Recession seems likely.

55 minutes ago, blandy said:

I think a buying /selling section on this site would be a great idea.

On 05/02/2022 at 12:12, Seat68 said:

A turntable I bought in December didn't work on receipt and I was wondering if to get a swap or money back. Today I bought a Thorens td150 MK2 and although it came in at 300, quote pleased to be paying it. 

I’ve always fancied a Thorens, I don’t know too much about them really but they’re old and they’re German and that’s good enough for me. The 150 is supposed to be as good as a belt drive table gets without spending stupid money.

• Like 1

The turntable arrived this morning and I am very happy with it. Probably paid a little more than its value however it's a considerable step up from where I was. The plan now is to upgrade my stereo incrementally and hope it isn't noticed. 

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

Last time I looked at bluetooth was a few years back and the most you could get was 'cd like'.  I believe aptx HD have moved things on a bit now but I stopped researching and went down the wired route at home with hi res streaming devices and use them as listening pods.  So, really depends what sound quality you are after.  Whats the use case?

4 hours ago, Harkanon said:

Last time I looked at bluetooth was a few years back and the most you could get was 'cd like'.  I believe aptx HD have moved things on a bit now but I stopped researching and went down the wired route at home with hi res streaming devices and use them as listening pods.  So, really depends what sound quality you are after.  Whats the use case?

Thanks, that's all I needed to know.

Â