GENTLEMAN

PES is winning back it's market.

It doesn't matter how good the next game is Fifa will still outsell it by the millions

Yeah you'll always have the casual gamers and the UT whores but I meant people like me who had to begrudgingly accept FIFA were putting out the better game since about 2008.

• Like 1

It doesn't matter how good the next game is Fifa will still outsell it by the millions

Yeah you'll always have the casual gamers and the UT whores but I meant people like me who had to begrudgingly accept FIFA were putting out the better game since about 2008.

Same as me.

PES really **** up the last generation. Everything since PES 6 was substandard (PES 6 especially, that was shite)

I'm glad PES is back.

Same as me.

PES really **** up the last generation. Everything since PES 6 was substandard (PES 6 especially, that was shite)

I'm glad PES is back.

Pes2011 was actually a great game for online anyway it's just that they were in the middle of being destroyed by fifa, especially in the marketing department. Master league online (Myclub ) was spot on and pass assist was set to 2 bars for online so everyone was on a level playing field.

I thought last year's version was good for a long period but one of the patches they released made defenders go full retard and it became too easy to score and ended up with way too many online games ending with silly scores like 6-4 etc..

Edited by Bunnski

• 1 month later...

Is it time to return to PES yet? FIFA went shit a few years back.

Definatley, really enjoy playing PES2015 and 16 looks even better

The last one on the PS2 was the most complete football game experience I've ever come across. Then when they moved to PS3 it really went tits up. I think that was the point most turned to FIFA and I've played it since without ever feeling the satisfaction you used to get from scoring a great team goal in pro evo. I'm at the stage where it just bores me:

Sounds like the PES days could return...

• Like 1

FIFA 15 was the last straw for me. The least fun FIFA game I've ever played.

If I get a football game this year it'll be PES without a doubt. Hopefully we're back to the PS2/XBox days where PES was king

If I get a football game this year it'll be PES without a doubt. Hopefully we're back to the PS2/XBox days where PES was king

You reckon it's worth buying if still got a PS3?

You reckon it's worth buying if still got a PS3?

I've no idea.

But in my experience with PS3 and Xbox 360, PES was a pile of shite on that generation. So probably not.

I enjoyed fifa14 but like others have said fifa15 was absolute trash

My main problem with FIFA 15 was after the update user input was completely nerfed. Before that it had major flaws but I could actually defend by making tackles and not getting the AI to do the work. Others had to do that too, it made it fun. Also passing was crisp.

Post patch I couldn't play anymore and bought PES. So different, so outdated, so football. It was a joy. I noticed this straight away as I actually enjoyed playing single player again, FIFA single player is far too mechanical.

My real reason to switch was MyClub. UT is great, the menus are lovely and the system is superb but its market is a slanted and user enjoyment fragile. MyClub interested me and while I don't have the best team I do have fun. The experience is that, fun...albeit clunky.

The only drawback of PES is the lack of active players, on the One at least. That's going to change with PES 2016, especially if they price it properly.

They appear to be updating a good game, rather than trying to reinvent crap like EA does. When hype is about gameplay and not how the game makes you feel, you can take some confidence. 

Hopefully my new Danish housemate comes with a PS4 so I can play the demo early, he did help develop Limbo so I'm hoping he's a closet nerd too.

• Like 2

I enjoyed last years game. They just need to make the players look more like how they do in real life. Small thing but it would help.

For me I never cared about the graphics. I just wanted it to feel like a football game instead of an arcade game. FIFA managed it for a few years but now it just feels like end to end button bashing.

I enjoyed last years game. They just need to make the players look more like how they do in real life. Small thing but it would help.

For me I never cared about the graphics. I just wanted it to feel like a football game instead of an arcade game. FIFA managed it for a few years but now it just feels like end to end button bashing.

Definitely. (on FIFA)

Though I do think they should make it look good, it's 2015 for gods sake! It's stupid not to. Having said that it comes back to your point about button bashing, for me gameplay has always come first and the difference between the two games is to great enough to ignore a bit of graininess. 

PES 2016 does look nice though, but it definitely concentrates on the pitch and not the player.

• Like 1

Â