Electronic Entertainment Expo 2015

hogso

Is backwards compatibility really a big thing? Personally i have no interest in playing old games.

It is for some, it's a value added for me really. I've got 4 Xbox 360s knocking around at this stage, this saves a HDMI port on the telly, and means I can keep the machines healthy for the future

Is backwards compatibility really a big thing? Personally i have no interest in playing old games.

Exactly, the only 'remaster' I was interested in was TLOU, that was because I hadn't played it and it had only come out a year earlier.

If I wanted to play a 360 game, I'd get my 360 down from my loft. These old games have been half the reason this gen has been so poor. Thank God for the Witcher 3.

Exactly, the only 'remaster' I was interested in was TLOU, that was because I hadn't played it and it had only come out a year earlier.

If I wanted to play a 360 game, I'd get my 360 down from my loft. These old games have been half the reason this gen has been so poor. Thank God for the Witcher 3.

Remasters and backwards compatibility aren't related though? It's there if you want it, and if you don't, you don't need to worry about it

I'm unconvinced by its implementation. I want to see that shit working and properly supported, not drip feeding us handfuls of titles at a snail's pace (or merely bundled with next gen sequels) that fail to emulate the titles 100%.

So far, the MS conference isn't setting me on fire as much.

It's not emulation, it's native

How can it not be a form of emulation?

As far as I'm aware, the Xbone doesn't include 360 hardware to run that stuff. MS said that devs don't need to do anything apart from submit their games for inclusion. I can't see MS doing ports for free and they haven't mentioned streaming. The only conclusion is that they're utilising a form of emulation on the executable unless I'm missing something here?

Sea of thieves looks good but multiplayer heavy which wouldn't interest me, record too early to tell, GoW and halo don't interest me, backwards compatibility is great for those who have moved over but I own a 360 so isn't a console seller, tomb raider is timed exclusive, EA access getting better interests me, the fallout modding will be interesting if that's exclusive, cup head looks great

There's still nothing to convince me to buy an xbone though

And I currently can't play any Xbox games which I've digitally purchased because of as Ms server fault. Guess their attention is on E3. Good job they didn't stick to their connect every24 hours idea huh...

Â