Women's world cup 2015

StefanAVFC

This reminds me of Zaire losing by a similar scoreline in the World cup in the 70s......was just waiting for Ivory Coast player to boot the ball away when that free kick was given.

I must say I enjoyed watching some games during the Olympics so they're not all of a terrible standard. For example England Brazil which was played at the new Wembley was an excellent match so I think we'll see some decent games in the knock out stage.

One thing that's always consistant though in all the teams is just how poor the goalkeeping remains.

What's the deal with that anyway? Obviously the standard is lower across the board but the gap is biggest when it comes to goalkeeping.

This reminds me of Zaire losing by a similar scoreline in the World cup in the 70s......was just waiting for Ivory Coast player to boot the ball away when that free kick was given.

I must say I enjoyed watching some games during the Olympics so they're not all of a terrible standard. For example England Brazil which was played at the new Wembley was an excellent match so I think we'll see some decent games in the knock out stage.

One thing that's always consistant though in all the teams is just how poor the goalkeeping remains.

What's the deal with that anyway? Obviously the standard is lower across the board but the gap is biggest when it comes to goalkeeping.

I've never understood how they could be so bad. Like, they're worse than your average under 14's keepers, and there's no real reason for it I can see. Goalkeeping ruins the women's game for me. Make the bloody goals smaller or something for them, they're just not able for it otherwise

I've never understood how they could be so bad. Like, they're worse than your average under 14's keepers, and there's no real reason for it I can see. Goalkeeping ruins the women's game for me. Make the bloody goals smaller or something for them, they're just not able for it otherwise

Making the goals smaller would make a lot of sense.

The most famous female goalkeeper is Hope Solo who is 5ft 9in, standing in a goal designed to offer a challenge for goalkeepers like Joe Hart at 6ft 5in.

Shay Given always looks a bit small because he's only 6ft.

What do people think of female teams having male coaches?

Sadly the media obsession with gender politics has meant that people spend more time discussing such questions rather than the football.

I am more interested in knowing whether England have found another Kelly Smith, rather than whether the manager is a man or a woman.

The BBC talk about sexism but then do not devote enough resources on their website, so fans can take a look at the squads or recognise the female stars of world football.

• Like 1

What do people think of female teams having male coaches?

Why would it be an issue?

Just thinking that female coaches will find it hard to get an opportunity with so many male coaches around.

Making the goals smaller would make a lot of sense.

The most famous female goalkeeper is Hope Solo who is 5ft 9in, standing in a goal designed to offer a challenge for goalkeepers like Joe Hart at 6ft 5in.

Shay Given always looks a bit small because he's only 6ft.

Hope Solo.. we all enjoyed her photos during the fappening!

Reminded me of the sarlacc pit in Return of the Jedi

This Sweden v Nigeria match has been good—a more disciplined team against superior athleticism. A lot of good back and forth.

Edited by JamieZ

It's no hyperbole to say that I've seen better quality in a Festival League game.

you cant talk about quality when you have watched Villa play in last 4 seasons ;)

While quality isnt great you dont get the same amount of diving and cheating you do from the men's game which is refreshing

We can just ignore the tumble the Canadian player took to win the penalty in the opening game...

I think it was far from a dive. The China player elbowed her in the face and got nowhere near the ball.

This Sweden v Nigeria match has been good—a more disciplined team against superior athleticism. A lot of good back and forth.

Absolutely brilliant - I can't remember enjoying a game as much as that for very long time.

What a player that Oshoala is.

If Nigeria could defend a corner they would have pissed it.

• Like 1

Â