Lad culture

norwegianvillain

• 2 weeks later...

See the Grealish thread to see that 'lad culture' is very much alive and kicking on this forum.

And in society as a whole .

As long as there are lads there will be lad culture.

It is nothing new .

Edited by Brumerican
  • Like 1

See the Grealish thread to see that 'lad culture' is very much alive and kicking on this forum.

This is a forum based on supporting a football team. I don't see it as an example of "lad culture", more showing people's differing attitudes to alcohol.

It is possible to be able to enjoy having a drink (yes, I concede to excess), without being a "lad". I'd say there's nothing wrong with a 19 year old getting drunk, while experimenting with alcohol in a social environment. I'd be very surprised if the majority of the people on this site hadn't been in a similar state at the age of 19. Doesn't make them bad people, or lager louts.

• Like 1

agree, i dont consider him being asleep drunk in the street as "lad" culture, some of his other tweets from the day though, the cap backwards, the pool party stuff, the jean shorts, thats a bit more "lad", he's a wife beater vest and a sleeve tattoo away

This is a forum based on supporting a football team. I don't see it as an example of "lad culture", more showing people's differing attitudes to alcohol.

It is possible to be able to enjoy having a drink (yes, I concede to excess), without being a "lad". I'd say there's nothing wrong with a 19 year old getting drunk, while experimenting with alcohol in a social environment. I'd be very surprised if the majority of the people on this site hadn't been in a similar state at the age of 19. Doesn't make them bad people, or lager louts.

I didn't say that being part of 'lad culture' makes someone a bad person. Also there are many examples of 'lad culture' all over this forum, again I'm not saying that's a bad thing. It's to be expected with this being a football site.

Fair enough. I understand what you're saying, I just think "lad culture" can be mistaken for just being a group of 19 year old (or any age group) of men away on a holiday. Although I don't think they're mutually exclusive, I suppose it also depends on what you class as "lad culture", and is totally open to interpretation.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Because it's cancer on the tv. It spreads like wildshit because it's "laid back and cool". I mean, have you watched any of the dribbling morons who "wheyyyyy!" & "wooooo!" Behind the cameras? That **** retarded bloke who raps at football players faces in the studio in a loud and boisterous way and gets cheered on like somewhat retarded demi-god?

And the amount of people that watch it and bring its cretinous sayings to everyday language "bantz", "laaaad" & "tekkerz"

Omg kill yourselves.

Only just seen this post but already my favourite post of the week. 

jimmy-savile-jogging.gif

• Like 2

Â