Mobile Phone Contracts (Ver 2.0)

Genie

New thread as the other was locked...

Just about to push the button on the LG G4, black leather back. unlimited minutes and texts, 2GB data on Vodafone. £19.99 upfront (£30 quidco cashback).

Sounds like a reasonable deal. As you probably know I think locking yourself into a contract for 24 months where they can increase the price always seems a little dodgy to me. My work phone is Vodafone and the coverage is disappointing compared to the other networks in areas I go to regularly.

I just called o2 to see if there was anything they could offer as I'm now out of contract, the offered me a SGS5 £9.99 upfront, 1gb of data for £32.50... I guess they aren't disappointed to see me go!

I see the point about price increases but I guess the 30 day rolling contract chaps also increase their prices (but you are of course free to leave). Giff gaff used to be super value but now a days really nothing special. 3gb of 4g data £15 per month on a sim only.

I was very close to getting the G4 on contract, very very close.

The announcement at Google I/O about fingerprint recognition being built into Android M means almost certainly the next Nexus will have a fingerprint scanner so will wait it out.

Apparently Three are moving people of their Unlimited Data One Plans when their contract is up by offering them capped data and/or big increases in prices, I am not on a One Plan but do have unlimited data on their £12.99 a month contract so fully expecting at some point to get a letter saying its now going to cost you a lot more.

How else are they going to pay for the purchase of O2

yep, gone for it :)

dVYCCc8.jpg

Had to cancel the order :-(

Phone isn't in stock and they've no idea when it will be. It seems like the black leather version is exclusive to Carphone Warehouse and Mobile Phones Direct have been busted for selling it without permission...

Where I work in particular its only O2 or Vodafone that can provide a signal and there isn't much in the way of deals currently on O2.

If I could live with an "ID" Signal (New network from Carphone Warehouse which uses 3 network) then I'd go for this deal.

Huawei P8, 300 Mins, 5000 texts, 1GB data £21.50/mth. 12 mth contract. Total £258.00. iD Mobile

My contract with three is up every month and they've not contacted me.

So is mine, Three have gone from being the budget option to being very expensive and they want to move people off the cheap rolling contracts that we are on sadly.

I'm on a SIM only contract now with BT (EE).

If you have BT broadband they give you £5 off a month.

My contract is Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Calls, 20GB 4G data.... £20 p/m.  :)

Edited by PieFacE

I'm on a SIM only contract now with BT (EE).

If you have BT broadband they give you £5 off a month.

My contract is Unlimited Texts, Unlimited Calls, 20GB 4G data.... £20 p/m.  :)

1 month notice or 12?

Did anyone else get the 20% voucher code from eBay (CTWENTY)? Must be used by midnight. I used it to buy a New Samsung Galaxy S5 for £219. Will now find a cheap sim only deal to stick in it.

Did anyone else get the 20% voucher code from eBay (CTWENTY)? Must be used by midnight. I used it to buy a New Samsung Galaxy S5 for £219. Will now find a cheap sim only deal to stick in it.

thats really good, but i always assumed that it was dodgy to buy a phone of ebay due to scams taking place.

Let me know if you get the phone ok with no issues.

Private seller or shop front seller?

• 4 months later...

It's impossible to answer that without knowing how you use your phone.

As usual I strongly recommend separating your handset from your service contract, but again this depends on your circumstances.

The z3+/z5 is waterproof with an excellent battery life. The mini versions are the same spec as the big versions.

The One M9 is a good all-rounder.

The s6 edge is a really pretty phone.

The OnePlus 2 / OnePlus X are good dual-SIM devices.

The M4 is a good mid-range

The E5 and Moto G are both good entry level devices.

You're a bit spoiled for choice at the moment so you'll need to describe your usage.

• Like 1

Also to reiterate Limpid's advice. Don't get a contract, if you must pay monthly sign up to a credit card, buy the phone outright. Most have up to 18 months interest free on purchases, then pay that off monthly. Firstly you will get the handset cheaper, secondly you also have the added benefit of the enhanced insurance from a CC, thirdly you have the flexibility of changing handset or network provider whenever you want.

There is value in pay as you go now again as well, EE offer some excellent 4g payg options and ad ons now that are better value than many of the sim only monthly contracts out there.

If you're buying a flagship, you will struggle to get a bad one (unless you buy an iPhone).

• Like 1

Â