Fallout 4

Frobisher

Couple of hours in.

It isn't anything brilliant to look at. The combat system is still clunky and has only been improved slightly. The companion control is a little awkward. The inventory system is still a little unintuitive. To be honest, the whole thing feels very much like just another Fallout game with more whistles and bells.

Oh welcome back. I've missed you :) 

Glad I put my disc in this morning before I went out for the day. :ph34r:

QQnAkI0.jpg

Tried to make my character look like me.  He has more hair, but it's about the right colour and they eyes are similar. :D

Edited by The_Rev

So i've never played a Fallout game before, but... do I need to bother with the whole Workshop thing and scrapping things? I really cant be arsed with all that. 

You didn't need to bother with any of that if you didn't want to in the last 2 Fallout games, so i doubt you need to in this one either.

So i've never played a Fallout game before, but... do I need to bother with the whole Workshop thing and scrapping things? I really cant be arsed with all that. 

You didn't need to bother with any of that if you didn't want to in the last 2 Fallout games, so i doubt you need to in this one either.

Awesome.  I shall just ignore it and come back to it once I've kinda figured out what I'm supposed to do 

I can't make my mind up if I like the game or not...

spent round 6 hours playing yesterday but today I'm just finding it rather bland & boring. The crafting system is strong which I like, combat is ok (played worse) but weather it's me I just find it rather boring. 

I like crafting in games but I don't want to spend 80% of my play time picking up junk.

I like crafting in games but I don't want to spend 80% of my play time picking up junk.

That's the nature of the Fallout games really and the reason why it doesn't sit well with a lot of people. There's a heavy emphasis on scavenging; salvaging what you can from a destroyed world, there's a strange addiction to it. I have no idea why I feel happy if I find some aluminium or a circuit board or something, it's a weird psychological thing, I often wonder myself why on earth I'm wasting time doing this. The addition of more interesting and useful loot has helped, also the addition of legendary weapons and individual armour parts makes exploring random buildings a little more rewarding.

Edited by nobler

left it on over night installing, still at 10% this morning...

What are you playing it on? 

PS4

used an online checker thing and with my supposed boradband speed its saying 22 hrs to download :lol: had it going for about 14 hours last night and it'd done 10%, thought it was a **** up so restarted it this morning, if its still at 10% when i get home tonight then it'll be going back

left it on over night installing, still at 10% this morning...

What are you playing it on? 

PS4

used an online checker thing and with my supposed boradband speed its saying 22 hrs to download :lol: had it going for about 14 hours last night and it'd done 10%, thought it was a **** up so restarted it this morning, if its still at 10% when i get home tonight then it'll be going back

Definitely your connection, how is your PS4 connected to the internet? You may want to try an ethernet connection if you're using WiFi as you've literally got to download 30GB+

Enjoying this game a lot.  Probably helps that I've not played any previous Fallout games but it's good!  Quite addictive.  I know big open world games like this would struggle on current console hardware at 60FPS but it would be play amazing at 60 . 

My laptop can't play this at 60fps very well but can lock it at 30fps on high. Maybe I need to get used to it but I'm finding it hard to play after playing Skyrim at 60fps. Might wait until I've built a PC until I get this. 

Nope can't play it :( 

Tried everything suggested. PS4 is up to date, database is rebuilt, disc is fine, paused and restarted, internet is wired ethernet 150mb but it just will not have it. Get to about half way through the install and it dies.

And so now I'm going to have to deal with the only thing more broken than a Bethesda new release... Game customer service :blink: 

Wish me luck

Nope can't play it :( 

Tried everything suggested. PS4 is up to date, database is rebuilt, disc is fine, paused and restarted, internet is wired ethernet 150mb but it just will not have it. Get to about half way through the install and it dies.

And so now I'm going to have to deal with the only thing more broken than a Bethesda new release... Game customer service :blink: 

Wish me luck

Why not Sony? 

Â