Fallout 4

Frobisher

32 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I bet you save before the CL final on FM too, dontcha scumbag?

;)

Haha...  No I don't,  honest! 

Thing is,  if you fail to pickpocket someone there's no way out other than death.  To which you have to roll back to the last auto save which could be like,  an hour ago.  I really really cannot be bothered to keep going that far back!  They shouldn't have added the Quicksave option if it's considered cheating! 

• Like 1

Laps, I did the same mission you did earlier on today, though no Molotov bridge trouble admittedly. I did get to what I assume the boss room is since one of the raiders actually had a name (Jared... pfft, shit name) and I hacked the terminal thinking I was going to get a sweet steel companion do my dirty work for me.

Hacked the Protectron successfully, set the personality type to law enforcement aaaaand... the asshat saw me and started firing. He killed a couple of enemies too, but he saw me as a threat. I went to the terminal again and changed its personality type to firefighter or whatever but he apparently paid no mind to his reprogramming and continued to target me. In the end I had to put his metal ass down. I don't know if this was a bug or something, but I seem to remember in Fallout 3 if you hacked a Protectron, they defended you :angry:

I managed to survive and me and Dogmeat cleared the place out though.

Edited by Ginko

8 hours ago, Ginko said:

Laps, I did the same mission you did earlier on today, though no Molotov bridge trouble admittedly. I did get to what I assume the boss room is since one of the raiders actually had a name (Jared... pfft, shit name) and I hacked the terminal thinking I was going to get a sweet steel companion do my dirty work for me.

Hacked the Protectron successfully, set the personality type to law enforcement aaaaand... the asshat saw me and started firing. He killed a couple of enemies too, but he saw me as a threat. I went to the terminal again and changed its personality type to firefighter or whatever but he apparently paid no mind to his reprogramming and continued to target me. In the end I had to put his metal ass down. I don't know if this was a bug or something, but I seem to remember in Fallout 3 if you hacked a Protectron, they defended you :angry:

:mellow: I didn't know that thing was a potential companion before I.. y'know.. blew everything up in a panic.. god damn.

Also, I have lost my companion (the metal thing that sounds like John Cleese), he followed me around for about 30 mins before he disappeared (I forgot he existed for about 4 hours and realised that I didn't have him to carry my shit) and **** knows where that damn doge is..

So ronry.. :(

I've gone for a build that is very weak, rubbish at fighting, but extremely clever, aware and lucky.  I successfully persuaded an argument over giving a kid jet, but that's about it.  I'm finding sneaking quite hard too, I don't really understand it's function when I don't know where the enemy is, but they seem to keep finding me!  Hard to sneak up on people :)

It's good though (framerates aside), I loved FO3, but I'm not quite there with this one yet.

Finally stuck an hour or so into this last night (owing to a combination of laziness, prior social engagements and a odd compulsion to play Diablo 3 again) - aside from me needing to tweak the graphics (i.e. turn everything off / to low - sadface) because having the game set itself to medium was like playing in treacle, it was nice to see splashes of colour everywhere mind.

Now to start my one-man mission to clean up this town (that is to say, make everything neat and tidy because my shooting skills left me a looong time ago)...

1 hour ago, lapal_fan said:

I'm finding sneaking quite hard too, I don't really understand it's function when I don't know where the enemy is, but they seem to keep finding me!  Hard to sneak up on people :)

Have you tried sneaking wearing light/leather armour? Putting some extra points in the sneaking perk on the agility tree also helps - with 3 stars you are pretty difficult to find and can easily duck into sneak mid fight (even if you're companion is spotted you can still get the sneak critical). I'm guessing your perception is low if enemies are finding you before you find them?

9 hours ago, Ginko said:

They've definitely done the Skyrim thing of having a ton of fodder enemies before having one tough b*stard boss (which is why I am now carrying my fatman everywhere).

If you set the protectron to medical responder it leaves you alone as long as it doesn't see you attacking anyone and will attack raiders. I'm guessing the subway steward will do the same if you can give it a subway token but haven't tried it yet. 

In the room you're talking about my protrectron lasted about 3 seconds before Jared blew its brains (or circuitry?) out.

14 minutes ago, RunRickyRun said:

Have you tried sneaking wearing light/leather armour? Putting some extra points in the sneaking perk on the agility tree also helps - with 3 stars you are pretty difficult to find and can easily duck into sneak mid fight (even if you're companion is spotted you can still get the sneak critical). I'm guessing your perception is low if enemies are finding you before you find them?

No, my perception is about 6 stars now I think.  Might be my sneaking perk needing a few extra points, I can't remember what it is currently.  I'm wearing some armour which has some steel cable rods sticking out of it with a gas mask/goggles.

Also, I had to report my success to the minute man officer, he was floating about 6 feet above the river in sanctuary.  I got a lot of rad poisoning trying to speak with him before realising I just sleep in sanctuary and let him come to me.

The more time I'm spending on this game, it's better it's becoming, the random events that are unfolding are just brilliant. There's so many moments that have a put a smile on my face. Thought i'd share a few that have happened in the last few hours.

Spoiler

The diamond radio DJ. First thing you notice is how terrible he is and how he clearly lacks confidence. After stumbling across a quest to help him out and restore his confidence he becomes a better DJ and starts telling better news stories, to the delight of the townsfolk who all now prefer the radio station. One exciting news bulletin in particular was about a chems deal that went wrong and some guy ended up murdering the deliverers and taking the chems and money for himself. (This may have been me..)

The Silver Shroud storyline in Goodneighbor. It's just hilarious, especially if you choose to do the Silver Shroud voice. 

When your base starts to come together. Building generators, connecting pylons to power and recruiting settlers via a radio signal. The settlement begins to grow and there's a real feeling that all that junk you've collected is really meaningful and you're actually starting to re-build a civilisation. Then you assign a settler to a job (in this case a scavenger hut), you see him mysteriously welding away at something, next thing you know he's walking around the settlement with a large plank of wood with nails strapped to them. 

Then a completely random plane crash happened at my settlement, not related to a quest or anything...

10ej0hk.jpg

Edited by nobler
  • Like 1

So chatsworth appeared outta nowhere, after I'd died 10 million time trying to save Danse (or whatever) from feral ghouls.

Damn you, you chicken.

also, no idea where the dog is.. he's probably dead, I didn't leave any food out.

59 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

So chatsworth appeared outta nowhere, after I'd died 10 million time trying to save Danse (or whatever) from feral ghouls.

Damn you, you chicken.

also, no idea where the dog is.. he's probably dead, I didn't leave any food out.

Go back to Sanctuary and check the kennels.

Â