Fallout 4

Frobisher

So addicted to this game, i start building my settlement up and then before i know it 3 hours has passed by :lol:

Same thing happened to me! I got the game then started dying a lot so I wanted to just take a nice break which ended up me building an amazing fort around Red Rockets (I think it's called). Took me a long time to do, but it looks awesome.

Definitely. If there's a weapon you find that you feel really comfortable using, you can turn it into a beast. There's a perk that makes new technology available, but requires harder to find materials, it's a nice project to work on. You can always take off any weapon mods too if something isn't working for you.

Edited by nobler

I haven't even looked upgrading my weapons yet. Does it make a big difference? 

Yes, definitely.

My main weapon is a reward from an early Brotherhood of Steel quest and i'm modding the shit out of that at the moment to make it more in line with my sneaky sniper stylee :)

I haven't even looked upgrading my weapons yet. Does it make a big difference? 

Yes!

Don't upgrade crappy weapons - save the materials for the special weapons (dropped by legendary enemies) and get gun nut level 2 to unlock more powerful stocks.

Currently (level 15) using a 80 damage sniper (200 sneak damage), 86 damage silenced bolt pistol and a 114 damage shotgun for the really tough b*stards.

Any good weapons that can be found early game? Really struggling when I find groups of enemies. 

Make sure you're agility and endurance are relatively high (more accuracy and AP in VATS) and concentrate on the rifle and pistol damage perks. Then use a lot of sneaking and backing away (so the enemies come at you one at a time).

-----

Accidently stumbled upon my first legendary deathclaw. Ran like hell!

• Like 2

I hate the Deathclaws.  So so much.  

Something strange happened to me when I was playing yesterday and then I burst out laughing.  So just to set the scene... 

I was on my way to a mission in the dark,  I saw a pretty big monster in the distance,  It saw me so I  started running like mad!  I turned around to see if it was still chasing me,  I then absolutely shit myself and accidentally pressed the VATS button... (still getting used to the controls)  And then you'll see what happens at the end of this video... 

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/P1EFACE/video/12693591

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 1

Yep. They warn you about travelling south in the loading screens but f*ck me don't go too far East early on.

My favourite bit of New Vegas was cheesing the Massive Deathclaws in the scrapyard from a tower about a mile away. Up till then I might as well have pissed on them for all the damage I could do.

I have absolutely no idea what happened in my video.  I don't think it was a Deathclaw chasing me,  whatever was chasing me disappeared and why the **** was the Deathclaw so high up? :lol:

Edited by PieFacE

23 hours ago, Czechlad said:

Any good weapons that can be found early game? Really struggling when I find groups of enemies. 

depends on how early you mean but there is a great melee weapon in swans swamp, only guarded by one enemy too...

9 minutes ago, V01 said:

depends on how early you mean but there is a great melee weapon in swans swamp, only guarded by one enemy too...

I've literally only done the Minutemen mission then started going to diamond city and was killed trying numerous routes into the city. I eventually gave up and decided just to build a base and explore. I am situated out of the red rocket in the beginning of the game. My strongest weapon is in the 30s for dmg. 

With Melee builds it's all about stealth or wearing power armour.  There's nothing wrong with staying at your camp and building as much as you can to get some easy experience though. 

I'd suggest making your way to Cambridge police station as a matter of priority though, As mentioned earlier you get a snazzy laser rifle for finishing the quest. 

Love this game so far, though I haven't played nearly as much of it as I'd like to.

However, I've had nothing but frustration when it comes to building stuff. I tried building a small, two-storey house but I cannot get my head around walls and flooring for the second floor. If I use separate wall parts then there's a big gap between the top of the first floor wall segment and the bottom of the second floor wall segment. I tried using the pre-built stuff or whatever it's called and that worked a lot better, but for some reason there were a couple of sections on the second floor which wouldn't allow me to place flooring or walls in even though I could do it in the same spot on the first floor so I didn't really get that.

I must be doing something wrong. That video someone posted earlier helped, but doesn't mention anything specifically about the issues I'm having.

In the end I remembered I was meant to be playing Fallout, not The Sims, so I went and took out my frustration on some unfortunate raiders who happened to cross my path.

Edited by Ginko

Â