• Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

This poll is closed to new votes

We proceeded to turn in what has to be one of the worst performances I've ever seen from Villa in twenty years of watching,

You really can't have watched many Villa matches in the past 20 years. As someone who sat in Stamford Bridge and counted up to 8 goals before I was let out, I can vouch for that. You're angry and upset. We all are. Go and sleep on it.

Should've had two penalties though to be honest

Game was dead at 3 nil though. It wasn't like it was 0-0 like in the previous cup games where bad decisions have had an impact on the game. Arsenal would've just stepped up and score another as they did anyway.

A goal would've been nice though.

I'm not whether we were physically spent or just choked. Either way it was disappointing that we couldn't bring our best game to such a big stage.

I wouldn't have picked the starting XI that Sherwood did today, but I've thought that before and we've played well so what do I know? I certainly think it'll be last time we see a few of these players.

Richardson probably had his best game for Villa today, and a couple of players had their worst. Oh well, roll on next season.

Edited by rjenkins

I miss being proud to be a Villa supporter. Thinking back to the days of Yorke, Southgate, Taylor, McGrath and Bosnich winning the league cup, those seasons under O'Neill when we were pushing the top four and the media was actually on our side. 

What a colossal shitshow this club has become. Such a shame.

• Like 2

I miss being proud to be a Villa supporter. Thinking back to the days of Yorke, Southgate, Taylor, McGrath and Bosnich winning the league cup, those seasons under O'Neill when we were pushing the top four and the media was actually on our side. 

What a colossal shitshow this club has become. Such a shame.

We just have a lower league mentality in these finals I'm sad to say. The club has been battered and so used to losing in the last 5 years, we just feel inferior to teams like Arsenal now.

I'm just annoyed Arsenal were given a far harder game from Reading in the semi finals, I would've had no issue losing in those circumstances.

The fans were fighting each other?

I think Stefan must have been in the same block as us. It all kicked off just above one of the tunnels through to the concourse. Very ugly and some pissed nutter near us tried to break it up and ended having s proper fight with one of them. Police got involved and sbout 3 or 4 'fans' arrested.

• Like 1

Â