• Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

This poll is closed to new votes

Where was the team that played in the semi final?

There was no desire or want today and it showed.

Relax were still in the premier league let's see what Tim & Tom can do in the next 9 weeks regarding transfers in and out.

Fingers crossed we see a different team on Sat 8th August

We did fantastically well to get to the final in the first place, but this was one step too far. Beaten by the best footballing side in the Premier League. No disgrace. 

I imagine that will be the standard phrase tonight and yes most of it will be true but when you see SHA beat Arsenal in a major cup final in recent times and in more recent teams championship teams like Hull, Wigan and Reading majorly test Arsenal in the FA cup.

I just seem to have a lower league mentality in these games. In 2000 we barely had a shot v Chelsea, same again today and after the early penalty against Man. United we didn't threaten much in 2010. That's three different squads in major finals, I think as a club we just don't believe enough on these days.

I'll exonerate the fans as I just thought they were brilliant today, at least up to 2 nil as the team were giving them nothing to work on.

Our fans fighting each other in the stands by children and a 10 foot drop.

I could cry.

WHAT?!

Yeah. Guys proper swinging, blood, police. Disgraceful.

At least they didn't run onto the pitch

• Like 2

We did fantastically well to get to the final in the first place, but this was one step too far. Beaten by the best footballing side in the Premier League. No disgrace.

I imagine that will be the standard phrase tonight and yes most of it will be true but when you see SHA beat Arsenal in a major cup final in recent times and in more recent teams championship teams like Hull, Wigan and Reading majorly test Arsenal in the FA cup.

I just seem to have a lower league mentality in these games. In 2000 we barely had a shot v Chelsea, same again today and after the early penalty against Man. United we didn't threaten much in 2010. That's three different squads in major finals, I think as a club we just don't believe enough on these days.

I'll exonerate the fans as I just thought they were brilliant today, at least up to 2 nil as the team were giving them nothing to work on.

You can't compare that arsenal side that beat the blosers they are so much better now than then

• Like 1

You can't compare that arsenal side that beat the blosers they are so much better now than then

Didn't they finish 3rd in the premier league that season? They still had people like Fabregas and Van Persie back then who were some of the best players in the league.

If Reading can take Arsenal to extra time we should be making a better fist of the final, I don't think that should be an unrealistic demand.

• Like 1

A terrible end to an awful season, the only way that could of been any worse is if we'd already been relegated going in to it. The cup run was the only slight glimmer of hope in a record breaking (for ALL the wrong reasons) season. I've got to be honest and say I expected the result but not the performance, hence I watched the game alone. The gulf in class between us and Arsenal was massive, about £200M? give or take. They already gave us 2 lessons in football this season, unfortunately, this one was on a global scale. Not sure where Villa can go from here, we just cannot compete anymore. [emoji45]

Ended up seeing that in a bar that somehow inexplicably contained about 50 Arsenal fans, 2 Bluenoses, 1 Baggie and me. We proceeded to turn in what has to be one of the worst performances I've ever seen from Villa in twenty years of watching, and not one single person there let me forget it. God knows what it must have been like to actually be at Wembley for that shower of shit. A number of points:

1) N'Zogbia is a **** embarrassment. How does this guy start ahead of Gil again? How does he even start ahead of Gabby? What the **** is the supposed actual point of his existence? If he never plays again for us it will be too soon. 

2) I don't normally go in for 'I told you so's', but I told you so. I said we should play a weakened team against Burnley. But oh now, let's play all of the **** first XI, of course that's a great idea, it's all about building momentum don't you know, whoops, what do you mean we lost to the worst footballing side in the division at home and then the next week the players look visibly shattered?

3) Sherwood is **** useless. Sorry, but the emperor has no clothes on, somebody has to point it out first. Great second half subs, by the way, Bacuna for Richardson and Sanchez for Westwood really changed the complexion of the game. This guy has literally no idea how to change the direction of a match, and in my opinion has been totally found out. We will be in another relegation battle, and he won't be our manager in twelve months time.

We had one objective today. I didn't expect to win, surely most people didn't. Our objective was not to utterly humiliate ourselves.

Mission failed. Thanks Tictac Tim. 

• Like 3

Â