• Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

This poll is closed to new votes

Would have been far more gutted had we lost by the odd goal or run them close. But having been thoroughly outplayed from first minute to last, have woken up this morning a bit dissppointed but pretty much over it. Big summer for Sherwood ahead. My only question is whether we could have parked the bus then hit them later on. Thing is, with arsenal in that mood don't think it would have made a difference.

Its the age old argument, was they that good or us that bad.

When you face a team that have that much ability.....you simply cannot present them with copious amounts of space....We did.....and we have done it against other teams.....Danger is when you do, you end up with cricket scores.

Our team have not got the personnel to play the "parking the bus" game....If we don't bring some in we are in big trouble....We have a team of lightweights.

The problem is you then get players like Benteke weighing in too....He was no where near Mertsacker...He could have at least played a John Fashanu role and played in his face.

Three positives

1. Europa League football would have destroyed us next season

2. I drank a lot so my memory of the whole thing is pleasantly fuzzy

3. Erm, I'll get back to you on this one

3. We probably won't have to endure another cup final for at least 15 years.

Really didn't expect to end the season feeling this low. If you'd told me after Hull 0-2 we would stay up and get to an FA Cup final I would have been delirious. But the manner of our last three defeats, and in particular the very public humiliation at Wembley in full view of however many millions of people, has left me feeling really fearful for what will happen to this squad (no doubt shorn of Benteke) next season.

• Like 3

This season is now being put behind me. I now hope the club can wake up and smell the coffee. The past five years has dragged us below traditionally smaller teams, any more dragging and we won't stop falling.

It's now over to Tom Fox and co.

• Like 1

Briny...I think you echo the sentiments of many.

After the debacle at Southampton, and subsequent reverse against Burnley...I went to the game yesterday expecting very little.....But then again I had the same feeling at Rotterdam just grateful of a Final, In competitions where I felt a bit lucky to actually be there.

The difference is and the worry moving forward this team has no Backbone, it has a very soft underbelly in terms of its defensive capability.....Arsenal are a great side, but so was Bayern Munich in '82 and so was the great Man U team of '57

I think at times, some of our fans make too many excuses, for performances like this....I asked many Arsenal fans yesterday after congratulating them....did you feel you had to work hard for the result and the disappointing answer was NO

even more disappointing and humiliating was they felt sorry for us.

THIS HAS TO STOP....Over and above anything else under Tim Sherwood, we want our fighting spirit back....and if we do not have the players to do it....we need some.

This season is now being put behind me. I now hope the club can wake up and smell the coffee. The past five years has dragged us below traditionally smaller teams, any more dragging and we won't stop falling.

Closing a season in teams of the programme will end nothing.....This will continue next season until we hear from the people that matter....enough is enough....that was woeful and so was the performance against Southampton, it was not a one off.

Closing a season in teams of the programme will end nothing.....This will continue next season until we hear from the people that matter....enough is enough....that was woeful and so was the performance against Southampton, it was not a one off.

We do need to hear from the club, especially as to what happens next. The simple fact is, if we don't add 5 or 6 quality players we will go down. The problem is if we don't add, then we might not sell those who have been labeled losers and we don't want them in the team - they have no reason to play.

It's now down to the club.. we are in a horrible position and worse than when Lerner took over.

It stopped us pressing the midfield

Never had the slightest indication that was ever going to happen under any circumstances.

• Like 1

Despite their close proximity to us in terms of football ability and despite their poor season overall....I would not envisage even Leicester shipping in a meek performance like that

My worry is that teams with similar ability in terms of points collation have far more about them( in terms of character) than us.....We peak and trough far too easily and when we do trough we go down to depths few others in the PL find themselves reaching.

Edited by TRO

All week I have been saying to pals this will be 3-0 to arsenal. got that wrong it could have easily been 6.

Same old problems same old outcome

Hope tim learns the lessons and deserves a season to put things right.

We know we cannot win everygame but

We have to go out fighting

Absolutely shambolic performance. There's no words to sum up how disappointed I was yesterday. Such a let down. Such a shame.

At least Randy had a good laugh toffing it up with Wills.

**** prick.

We are a laughing stock. Massive work ahead to avoid another season of shite.

I think what we all forgot is that the default mode for these players when under pressure is exactly what we saw yesterday - clueless and ineffectual sideways passing in midfield, our main goalscorer isolated up front and a defence who can't mark forwards or defend key areas of their own half well enough.

Things were fine when Sherwood got the team attacking and winning a few matches but they seemingly have no way of playing themselves out of trouble and coping when things aren't clicking.

That's the task facing the scouts, coaching staff and manager now. Get a team with some nous, to use one of TRO's favourite words.

Why so many shouts for given?

Thought he was at fault for the first 2 goals

His view was blocked for the first. But for me defo at fault for the second. If u ain't tall, stay on ur line

Â