• Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

This poll is closed to new votes

Had a great day until the game kicked off. I was in block 529 row 23, and there were a handful of Arsenal fans (in colours) around us. Needless to say when the first goal went in it turned a bit nasty.

If it wasn't Arsenal fans around me it was the constant "sit down!" coming from behind. Does my head in! I'll sit down if people in front do. I get that you pay good money to go to Wembley, and if you had kids that couldn't see I 100% understand, but I'm not sitting down when others are standing.

Then others who moan that your not supporting the team because your not standing up and chanting (when we're 4-0 down)

• Like 1

We live to fight another day. Yesterday was a bad day, perhaps one of the worst I'd experienced as a Villa fan. As has been pointed out, we don't get the chance that often. But we do get there. We'll get another chance. Despite our recent lull, we've not been relegated. We didn't hit rock bottom despite how god awful we've been.

The manner of the defeat was difficult to take. I think most of us expected to be lose but perhaps not as meekly as we did.

'We go again'. Next season I can't see us being as bad as this and who knows, with some string teams in the Europa League it could be a chance for us to move up the table a bit.

Worst possible scenario happened yesterday, the saddest part is the players didn't even look arsed at losing at the final whistle.

Once we started picking up yellow cards the game was over, it made cleverley Westwood and delph completely useless, whilst you could argue the cards were deserved I would argue that Arsenals players were being clever going down under minimal contact to get our players booked. It stopped us pressing the midfield

As if it what I witnessed on the pitch wasn't bad enough we were distracted by Villa fans turning on each other in the stands. Whoever the low lives were in rows 7 and 8 of Block 529 I hope you're proud of yourselves this morning. I did my best to ignore you but it looked like it ruined the day for a couple of young fans, couldn't have been older than 7 or 8 who were in tears at half time due to your behaviour next to them.

If anyone genuinely thinks that the players "didnt care" or "werent trying" then you should be sectioned.

Don't care, not trying is a bit strong but I agree with sherwood when he said the players are used to losing , you could definitely see that at full time.

• Like 1

Would have been far more gutted had we lost by the odd goal or run them close. But having been thoroughly outplayed from first minute to last, have woken up this morning a bit dissppointed but pretty much over it. Big summer for Sherwood ahead. My only question is whether we could have parked the bus then hit them later on. Thing is, with arsenal in that mood don't think it would have made a difference.

Edited by myb

Had a great day until the game kicked off. I was in block 529 row 23, and there were a handful of Arsenal fans (in colours) around us. Needless to say when the first goal went in it turned a bit nasty.

If it wasn't Arsenal fans around me it was the constant "sit down!" coming from behind. Does my head in! I'll sit down if people in front do. I get that you pay good money to go to Wembley, and if you had kids that couldn't see I 100% understand, but I'm not sitting down when others are standing.

Then others who moan that your not supporting the team because your not standing up and chanting (when we're 4-0 down)

how the hell did arsenal fans get tickets in our end?

We didn't show up but I really don't think it would have mattered if we had.

It may not have mattered to the result (actually, I agree with you that I don't think it would either) but it would have mattered to the supporters who would have felt that we gave our best (or at least something that might resemble it).

I accept the result (and credit Arsenal with a very good performance - though they weren't tested much) but I don't accept our performance which was woeful.

I agree. There is a difference to losing 4-0 while barely crossing the halfway line and losing say 2-1 in something like extra time like Reading did or even last year Hull and Wigan. Those fans could be proud of their team's effort even in defeat knowing they'd pushed Arsenal all the way.

I would've had no issue if we'd lost in the manner of 2010 final, I thought that was a decent effort that day so I got over that one much more quickly than I will this result.

On a real downer after yesterday's "effort" I'm afraid. Waiting 15 years than we get an even worse performance than 2000.

• Like 1

Exactly the question we asked to stewards. Clearly a Villa area. They weren't exactly being discreet about it either. Full colours and jumping up when they scored

Was that Club level I wonder?

When I went to the JPT to watch Walsall in March, there were plenty of Bristol fans in the club level section above us so annoying when the goals went in.

Apparently it was mixed for the Liverpool semi final aswell. Plenty of Villa fans cheering amongst Liverpool when the goals went in.

Not club level. It was the last but one block before the divide between us and the arsenal fans.

Bought my ticket from the club so not a neutral zone

Edited by benireduk

Arsenal was stupendous....but many teams are if you let them....We certainly have evidence of that.

The space we allow teams at times is alarming.....If players can't motivate themselves to stick close to players when it warrants it....I'm not sure what we are hoping for or where we are going.

The worry is this has the ability to leak goals for fun

We didn't show up but I really don't think it would have mattered if we had.

It may not have mattered to the result (actually, I agree with you that I don't think it would either) but it would have mattered to the supporters who would have felt that we gave our best (or at least something that might resemble it).

I accept the result (and credit Arsenal with a very good performance - though they weren't tested much) but I don't accept our performance which was woeful.

I agree. There is a difference to losing 4-0 while barely crossing the halfway line and losing say 2-1 in something like extra time like Reading did or even last year Hull and Wigan. Those fans could be proud of their team's effort even in defeat knowing they'd pushed Arsenal all the way.

I would've had no issue if we'd lost in the manner of 2010 final, I thought that was a decent effort that day so I got over that one much more quickly than I will this result.

On a real downer after yesterday's "effort" I'm afraid. Waiting 15 years than we get an even worse performance than 2000.

I think the last word of your penultimate line ....should read " Insult" not "result"....was it a typo?

Well that was a lot of alcohol. Unfortunately it wasn't enough to wash away the memories.

The brutal crushing reality of being a Villa fan hits home.

Que sera, sera whatever will be will be....

Edited by villaglint

Â