• Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

This poll is closed to new votes

Richardson, Delph, and Grealish were the only ones who looked like they cared. Sherwood looked totally out of his depth on the sideline today. They put a 6'7 player on Benteke and we had no other tactics but to lump it to him.

A poor performance from a poor team set up badly by a manager whose confidence in his "just get stuck in" style of football has seen us embarrassed by Southampton and embarrassed today. Arsenal are a much better team but the lack of concentration and composure by the villa players today made this a walk in the park for arsenal. I didn't think we would win but that performance was genuinely humiliating.

Outclassed in midfield and it killed us. Piss poor reffing in 2nd half (1 if not 2 penalties not given) but on balance Arse were a different class. Hope the fans who got to London at least had a decent day out. Also hope William was telling Randy to jog on ASAP, the brutal reality is cash = success and we don't have the resources to compete when it counts.

Let's hope the summer brings good news.

• Like 1

It was a perfect storm of us being poor and Arsenal being in one of their unplayable moods. 

Defended really well in the first half but once the first goal went in, that was it.

We are miles behind Arsenal in terms of ability and it really showed. 

• Like 1

Villa looked like they went onto the pitch very confused. Like as if before they went out onto the pitch, Tim Sherwood was doing a rubix cube.

'Be like the cube out there today boys'

I'm glad we have a couple of months without a game.

Some of you have seen us win the league, and the European cup. Most have at least seen us at least win the league cup a couple of times.

Some of us watch this shit, week in, week out, and have never seen this club be anything but mid table at best. It's **** awful knowing we're almost certain to never see this club win a trophy.

• Like 1

Football is broken.

Yep, I said this elsewhere earlier but with more expletives.

It comes to something when someone like me who has followed Villa for 40 years DIDN'T want to go the this game because I knew the outcome would be painful. In fact the game now has little interest for me, I'll go to the occasional game at Villa Park but that's it. Same boring **** winning everything, always on telly, getting all the money.

Boring.

Exactly the same here Rob.  Time was I'd have flown back to England for this.  Today I didn't even go to the pub to watch it with the Vancouver supporters club.  It was always going to be a massive upset if we won it.

• Like 1

Same as the past two matches. Pure trash. Nonexistent tactics. poor player selection, yet again poor/too late subs and worst of all no fight. Soton could've been excused as a freak result and Burnley a dead rubber, but Sherwood is worthless if he can't even get the team motivated for a literal ****ing cup final.

I'll put it in here again because I think it's worth discussion,

Is there really any point in supporting a club that isn't in the top 4?

And I'll reply the same as the match thread.  No, there really isn't.

Only Portsmouth and Wigan outside the top 4 have won the FA Cup in the last 20 years.  Wigan got relegated the same season and are in a mess, Portsmouth are still struggling to exist.

Â