Fifa 16

penguin

Not that you need the money, really.  Players are generally cheaper to buy, both GTN and Youth scouts are now much cheaper (a 5*/5* will set you back under £3m as opposed to nearly £8m last year) and - although I can only comment from two seasons into a Villa career - boards seem to be less frugal with the cash (got a £30m transfer budget in my second season just for finishing mid-table).  This is marginally offset by players now demanding higher wages for a contract renewal even if their overall rating hasn't changed.

You can now have a 52-man squad as well.

Loving the amount of salt from players on reddit/forums about how the game is too real. They don't have the patience to set up a goal, they would rather string 15 tricks in a row from their box to mine. 

I will probably get this but with the baby won't have time yet to play it. From the 10 or so games i've played of PES I am really enjoying the fun games to be had.  Played the FIFA demo and pretty much every game was 0-0 or won by the odd goal. Much more realistic but to be honest I play games to have fun not be bored watching myself play against Barca in a bore draw.

Edited by omariqy

Also has anyone figured out crossing yet? It's so retarded.  Every time I get the ball out wide,  Rudy will just run to the keeper.  So the cross goes straight to the keeper.  Regardless if you hit it early or late it goes straight to keeper.  In 2v2 it works cos you can move the striker away from the keeper.  The AI is so dumb offensively in the game.  

Yes crossing is actually stupidly effective when you get it down. Cross early. In fifa 15 you'd typically take the ball like 3-5 yards near the touch line then cross it, but now I cross it right when I hit the 18 or before. You want your striker running onto the cross because he will always beat the defender if it's a good ball. Also try the same method for driven crosses and low driven crosses. It works very well if you prefer smaller strikers. Like I have Berahino up top in my career mode and he is not good for just regular crosses, but he is really effective for the other two options. Also hold down the shoot button a little bit longer. It seems EA changed the shooting mechanics so now even if you hold down the shoot button for 75% of the bar, it still will hit the target. 

High pressure abuse online is just ridiculous.

It's like it fifa 15. If you panic when you encounter it, yes it's really effective. If you just calm down and not rush your passes, then it really is easy to exploit. An effective high press team will play a 3 at the back or a formation that will clog the midfield. Look to exploit the flanks, or just dribble around rushing attackers. If you can get through the wave of on rushing attackers, it always turns to an odd man rush. 

Career mode is plagued by a doozy of a bug.  I bought a player on deadline day in the first January transfer window.  If i put him in the first team and try and start a match the game crashes.  I can put him on the bench and bring him on, but I can't start him or caboom.  EA are aware and don't give a shit, they advise so far to sell the player.  Good work EA.

Carles Gil is OP in game, want to build a squad around him on UT with him being the CAM (even though he only get 4 chemistry). Suggestions? Bought Okore and Richards as my centerbacks. Guzan in goal. Need help with what formation to use and which players to get!

Hmm.  

Still not sure what to make of this year's version. 

There have been improvements, the flow of the game is more realistic than last year. 

I flit between Professional and World Class, I'm a competent player, rather than outstanding. If I played the CPU 10 times last year, I'd beat them 8.  But games always followed a similar path, I would dominate the ball, pepper their goal with shots -yet they would score from just about their only shot at goal.  Usually a Pele-style dribble and shot past a defence that -to a man- all decided to stand aside for that one occasion. 

I'd finish games with 12-14 shots on target, and either win 4-1 or lose 1-0.  The CPU would ALWAYS have close to a 100% conversion rate with their one shot, regardless.

This year, I cannot (yet) dominate games in the same way, and passing is a bit more arbitrary - but that is no bad thing. Real games rarely have one side on top for the entire 90 mins. 

The CPU does create chances, but they seem to miss a few too this time, so it all balances out.  Opposition GK's are less bionic too. 

That's the good.

The bad is that even the goals I have scored so far seem a bit fortuitous, and all seem to end up bottom or top corner. The ball physics seem a bit off too, a hark back to pre 2009 FIFA's. 

Giving it time, but not blown away so far.

Carles Gil is OP in game, want to build a squad around him on UT with him being the CAM (even though he only get 4 chemistry). Suggestions? Bought Okore and Richards as my centerbacks. Guzan in goal. Need help with what formation to use and which players to get!

Are you talking about FUT or career mode? 

I'd finish games with 12-14 shots on target, and either win 4-1 or lose 1-0.  The CPU would ALWAYS have close to a 100% conversion rate with their one shot, reg

That's been happening for years on FIFA.

Usually all your domination happens for 85 minutes, at which point you finally break through and score to make it 1-0. Then they dribble it around your entire team and smash it in the top corner immediately.

One of the many reasons playing FIFA vs the computer is about as fun as plucking your pubes

After playing PES for quite a bit I finally got to having a property go on FIFA 16. Whilst realistic I was so bored by the end of it. Wherewas with PES I even enjoyed losing 3-0 to Juve in the CL semi final. The player faces are brilliant though. Shame every play plays pretty much the same.

haha said to my brother earlier im never playing seasons again because its one of the most boring games ive ever played. I usually play it nonstop until i win div1 but this one i cant even be bothered to get further than div5. It just takes forrrevverrrr to do anything. think played about 20 games since its come out. The games also too frustrating with retarded pens/free kicks and auto AI locking when defending (and on slide tackles, just let me slide where im aiming ffs, dont lock onto the player)

2v2 is still good though

Edited by gharperr

Â