Fifa 16

penguin

Any one who plays pro clubs?

I do rarely. It's pretty awful. I constantly play with people who never pass. I understand trying to dribble in the final third or occasionally taking someone on, but people will literally try to take on the entire team. So many times I have clear breakaways if my teammate would just pass the damn ball, but no they try to dribble and lose it. 

Any one who plays pro clubs?

I do rarely. It's pretty awful. I constantly play with people who never pass. I understand trying to dribble in the final third or occasionally taking someone on, but people will literally try to take on the entire team. So many times I have clear breakaways if my teammate would just pass the damn ball, but no they try to dribble and lose it. 

yup. Seems to be the way of drop in games. Had one or two games where people actually played as a team, was great fun. Would be fun to get a VT club going. But I doubt there will be enough people interested. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm basically done with this game. As many of you know, I put a lot of time and effort into previous fifas. At times fifa would drive us mad with terrible bugs, and how poor ea ran the game, but I have to put my foot down with fifa 16. At least the previous fifas had some type of fun aspect to it. Yes it sucked when you lost matches, but when you went on a hot streak or packed/bought that amazing player on Ultimate team, you had fun. This fifa is just too different. Even when I am winning games I don't feel like I am having fun. Every single person I play plays exactly the same exact way, but it's not their fault. There is literally only one game style in this game. I know in previous fifas it was all pace, but at least if you were a skilled player you could try new playing styles like passing, crossing, or counter attack. This fifa everyone plays high pressure. It's terrible and unimaginative, but if you try to change up how you play, you will lose a lot. This game is seriously flawed and looks like ea just scrapped a game together a week before release. I know I already bought the game so I still gave ea money, but I will stop giving ea any more money at least. I won't spend any money on fifa points, I refuse to buy battlefront for its lack of content, and I will now wait before I picked up an EA game. I've had enough of this. 

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I'm basically done with this game. As many of you know, I put a lot of time and effort into previous fifas. At times fifa would drive us mad with terrible bugs, and how poor ea ran the game, but I have to put my foot down with fifa 16. At least the previous fifas had some type of fun aspect to it. Yes it sucked when you lost matches, but when you went on a hot streak or packed/bought that amazing player on Ultimate team, you had fun. This fifa is just too different. Even when I am winning games I don't feel like I am having fun. Every single person I play plays exactly the same exact way, but it's not their fault. There is literally only one game style in this game. I know in previous fifas it was all pace, but at least if you were a skilled player you could try new playing styles like passing, crossing, or counter attack. This fifa everyone plays high pressure. It's terrible and unimaginative, but if you try to change up how you play, you will lose a lot. This game is seriously flawed and looks like ea just scrapped a game together a week before release. I know I already bought the game so I still gave ea money, but I will stop giving ea any more money at least. I won't spend any money on fifa points, I refuse to buy battlefront for its lack of content, and I will now wait before I picked up an EA game. I've had enough of this. 

You know what, I completely agree. 

Whilst playing FIFA15 I didn't think it could get much worse, but it really did. You're completely right when you say you can only play one way. In FIFA 15 you could play through the middle, play with pace, retain the ball and work it down the wings, anything, you played however the match suited. In this , you really can't.

I think it comes down to two things, the passing being completely off, and the defensive AI just being far too strong when it comes to high pressure. It's not fun at all. 

Me and my brother play 2v2 a lot, and we used to play slowly, build from the back, work the ball down the wings and then cross it to a big man in the middle. I could probably count on one hand how many times that style of play has produced goals in FIFA16. 

The slogan for this game was "play beautiful", and if you don't play the Barcelona way (which I find incredibly boring) then the game completely sucks. 

2 hours ago, PieFacE said:

You know what, I completely agree. 

Whilst playing FIFA15 I didn't think it could get much worse, but it really did. You're completely right when you say you can only play one way. In FIFA 15 you could play through the middle, play with pace, retain the ball and work it down the wings, anything, you played however the match suited. In this , you really can't.

I think it comes down to two things, the passing being completely off, and the defensive AI just being far too strong when it comes to high pressure. It's not fun at all. 

Me and my brother play 2v2 a lot, and we used to play slowly, build from the back, work the ball down the wings and then cross it to a big man in the middle. I could probably count on one hand how many times that style of play has produced goals in FIFA16. 

The slogan for this game was "play beautiful", and if you don't play the Barcelona way (which I find incredibly boring) then the game completely sucks. 

Even when you play with Barcelona it is still tough to "play beautifully". Anyone who has played career mode on 16 knows how difficult it is to retain possession unless you are on one of the easiest difficulties. Even if you try to play possession with a great team like Barca, it just won't work. Players like Iniesta, Rakitic, Messi, etc will lose the ball off a simple pass if you try to string too many passes together, but somehow Accrington stanley can play 20+ passes in a row as long as it's not in the final 3rd. The only way to strip the ball off the AI is to let them into your final 3rd and hope they shoot, or try a risky pass that you can intercept. It's terrible. 

Did you also hear of the AI defending glitch going around? Someone found out if you control a player away from the ball and just hold A + RB (xbox) or X + R1 (ps) then the AI will automatically defend for you and win the ball. You literally don't have to do any type of manual defending anymore with this. Just grab onto Iniesta, then hold those two buttons and let the AI control your defense to win you the ball back. It works way better than any human can defend. This is a game breaking glitch. 

Took over England in my career mode and pretty much had an easy time with the squad. I was winning all my international matches comfortably and then the euros rolled around... No one can finish. Seriously no one. I have nearly 10 shots on target each match and they don't go in. I somehow got out of the group of death with 1 goal scored which was a lucky deflection that fell to Barkley who had a wide open net. Rooney is also completely wank. I had to drop him after 2 matches because his pass percentage was around 50 and he couldn't score. 

Too realistic for England I guess. 

7 hours ago, troon_villan said: Really struggling to find anyone to play against in seasons.

I've played quite a lot today and had no issues.  On PS4 or Xbox?  What division are you in? 

Div 10 on PS4. I changed from a 4 star team to Juventus (5*) and found more games although I only played against Real/Barca.

• 2 weeks later...

Game is a whole lot better since the most recent patch. Fitness has been nerfed hard. Basically if you play high pressure and hold sprint all match, your players won't be effective past the 60th minute. I've played a few people who didn't get the memo and I managed to bang in a few late goals in each match. It's also funny to see how exhausted their players are in the 80th minute with that technique. I don't even have to defend because the other team's players just can't sprint. Only issue is I have to use a fitness card every 2-3 games on my midfield because guys like Vidal like to run all match. Make sure you get players with high fitness. I am using Kroos who has 77 fitness, but he is exhausted at the end of most matches especially if he didn't start with 100 fitness. 

There are still a lot of issues with the game like responsiveness, but it's playable now. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Decided to play some seasons earlier. In FUT I am in Div 1 so starting regular season in Div 9 was going to be a cake walk right? Well yes and no. I was using Dortmund and played some guy. All over him the whole match. Ended up with me having 25+ shots to his 3. Final score? 2-0. I hit 5 posts, multiple missed breakaways that I was easily scoring in previous matches, and his keeper pulling ridiculous stops. His goals? Header that hit my defender and deflected in, and a post shot from far out that hit the back of my keeper and dribbled into the net. 2 own goals won him the game. Too much for me to handle. 

I then tried using Villa and I must say it's so realistic. First off I got paired against United somehow. Despite that I was all over the guy, but that didn't matter. I couldn't score at all. Ayew literally shot it over the net when I squared a ball inside the 6 with no keeper. Then my opponent realized Guzan is so bad that literally shooting from anywhere would result in a goal. 5 shots for my opponent and 5 goals. Ended 5-4 with 2 85+ minute goals by Rooney long shots. 

On 1/6/2016 at 02:26, troon_villan said:

Is your controller ok?

Yea luckily I don't rage like the youtubers who smash things when stupid stuff happens. I still get very frustrated and have to stop playing fifa for a week or so. 

Â