Fifa 16

penguin

Got this on PS4.  Ultimate team is great fun but bloody frustrating,

How do you get these special players ??  I've bought a few gold packs/promo packs but never seem to get any decent players, is it just a matter of spending loads?

What formation is everyone using and do people tweak the player instructions?  The only one that seems to suit me is 3412 as it gets  players forward.  It's not ideal though as I cant do short GK passes.

4321 (my usual) just doesn't get any players into the final 1/3rd

Perhaps i'm just crap at it !

EDIT - Just read some of the reviews on here, it appears im not the only one having issues.  Tackling and passing is shocking.  TAP,TAP TAP, lose the ball.  Some of the penalties given against me are terrible!

Edited by simont123

Got this on PS4.  Ultimate team is great fun but bloody frustrating,

How do you get these special players ??  I've bought a few gold packs/promo packs but never seem to get any decent players, is it just a matter of spending loads?

What formation is everyone using and do people tweak the player instructions?  The only one that seems to suit me is 3412 as it gets  players forward.  It's not ideal though as I cant do short GK passes.

4321 (my usual) just doesn't get any players into the final 1/3rd

Perhaps i'm just crap at it !

EDIT - Just read some of the reviews on here, it appears im not the only one having issues.  Tackling and passing is shocking.  TAP,TAP TAP, lose the ball.  Some of the penalties given against me are terrible!

I feel your pain mate, I picked this up last Fri also on PS4. I haven't played fifa since 14 and I have never played FUT before until now.

I have found the packs to be a waste of time, I have never purchased one and I wouldn't either, the only packs I have got are ones I have won from doing tournaments etc. I decided to go for an all English team and I buy the players I need off the transfer market. You can get a decent enough team together for not that many coins but it obviously takes longer to get enough coins to buy the very good players.

KMwZMyN.png

This formation with the tactics I have used has completely changed the game for me. 1 loss in nearly 20 matches, and I am getting close to Div 1. I went on a 10 game stretch where I only conceded 3 goals. I score a lot, and concede very little. Highly recommend the 4-1-2-1-2(2). 

oh and what's the score with the draft?  I spent 15,000 coins, got a  team with 60 chemistry then lost my first game and all i got was a crappy gold pack !?

I love and hate the draft. I have played it quite a few times now and have made a lot of coin because winning the draft gives you really good pack rewards. I have gotten two 50k packs from winning it multiple times. Basically guaranteed profit there. \

Key to the draft is getting full chemistry. Sometimes you have to ignore the high rated player for that 80 rated center back just so you can have full chemistry. Some people say chemistry doesn't matter, but I think it really does. I've played drafts where I couldn't get my Messi to full chem, and he played so poorly. Couldn't finish a thing. Also keepers not on full chem are the biggest retards. 

Pick a formation that does not have a ton of links to minimize the difficulty of getting full chem. Also I really recommend not using fifa coins on the draft anymore. Player prices are dropping daily cause ea have been releasing special packs every single day for over two weeks now, so prices are in the gutter. Unless you win the draft, you're likely not going to get your coins back unless you get a really lucky pull. I bought 12000 fifa points week 1, and I have just been using that to enter the draft. I have over 1 million coins because of the draft and a bit of trading, but I'd have considerably less if I was spending coins. 

KMwZMyN.png

This formation with the tactics I have used has completely changed the game for me. 1 loss in nearly 20 matches, and I am getting close to Div 1. I went on a 10 game stretch where I only conceded 3 goals. I score a lot, and concede very little. Highly recommend the 4-1-2-1-2(2). 

How much did you spend on that team lol

KMwZMyN.png

How much did you spend on that team lol

I think it cost me around 800k or a little less. There was a big market crash recently so I bought everyone then. 

My mate also told me to try the 41212, set my team up yesterday.....lost in the final minute after hitting the post 4 times.  The game isn't really enjoyable at the moment.  I'm losing the games I should win, and losing the game I should lose.

Got Herrera on special yesterday though, will probably sell him for 40k-50k.  Got 120k coins now.

I just cant seem to stop people dribbling past me either....tried jockeying, bringing a team mate in, X button, Square button, standing off.  But they just run into my penalty box and get a shot away.  Then as soon as I have the ball it's taken off me even if I protect the ball or am dribbling past them with payer who is 20% faster!

Even the bloody goal kicks are stupid.  Kick it, opposition wins the header and it goes straight to an unmarked player on my 18 yard box...repeat for most of the half

Have you ever tried tackling a player when your opponent isn't controlling him ? It's actually difficult, I might adopt this approach!

Haven't played for about 3 weeks. Just had a couple of goes on Draft, one single player, one online.  It's absolute garbage.  The single player one I was only on semi-pro but the way the AI pings the ball around you're chasing shadows.  Online I lost the very first game.  I was tackled 26 times, and I'm not someone who is a regular dribbler either.

I think once FM comes out I'll be done with FIFA. I've always been a big fan but this is the one that lost me.

It's not a fun game. A lot of people are really bored of it already. There is just too much wrong with it. Fifa 15 looks like a masterpiece compared to this game. 

This. It's so robotic it's painful. There really is little fun to be had. Too much time spent on the looks.

Manager mode is just so shite. I stopped playing that, but I was hoping it might be a bit different after the patch, and it's not. The computer will still ping pong passes with perfectly accuracy, and it will read your passes and shots with inhuman abilities. If you're lucky, you will see the ball 40-45% of the match. I played two matches where the AI magically tied the match in the 90th+ minute when previously they didn't even have a shot last evening. Both goals were caused by the stupidest of errors in the back line. Cross comes in and Guzan comes out for the easy catch. Nope, Guzan instead tries to punch it, but grazes it. The ball goes straight to Amavi who can easy just clear it. Nope Amavi whiffs on the header where no one is around and falls to the ground while trying to head the ball. Some Palace player comes in and first time chips it over a diving Guzan, but the chip barely leaves the ground and pea rolls into the net. Had to stop playing after that. 

I accepted the England job in my career mode. Calling up all the Villa players haha! Delph stays so far away from the national team.

I wanted the Czech job, but they didn't even offer it to me. I wish you could apply for national jobs as you would for club jobs. It's frustrating waiting for an offer instead of actively pursuing one. I always put my nationality as Czech in hopes that they will want to sign me up, but I don't think that even matters.

I'm actually tempted to purchase Delph now that I have champs league confirmed for next season. Probably sign him to a 5 year deal, then either sit him in the reserves or send him on loan to lower league club. 

Good lord this game is utter shit. It's actually unplayable on single player now as the computer just pings the ball around with ease whilst my own players stumble over each other and randomly shoulder barge the opposition to give away penalties and free kicks.

Going to have to trade it in ASAP.

If you're interested in single player I'd strongly suggest swapping it for PES.

That's not some fanboy "PES is better than FIFA" plea. It's just that single player on PES is actually fun. Which FIFA hasn't been for a good few years.

• Like 1

Good lord this game is utter shit. It's actually unplayable on single player now as the computer just pings the ball around with ease whilst my own players stumble over each other and randomly shoulder barge the opposition to give away penalties and free kicks.

Going to have to trade it in ASAP.

I've gotten used to it. Still makes me angry from time to time though. Played Bournemouth in the cup and from about the 50th to 70th minute, I didn't touch the ball. 

Both goals were caused by the stupidest of errors in the back line. Cross comes in and Guzan comes out for the easy catch. Nope, Guzan instead tries to punch it, but grazes it. The ball goes straight to Amavi who can easy just clear it. Nope Amavi whiffs on the header where no one is around and falls to the ground while trying to head the ball. Some Palace player comes in and first time chips it over a diving Guzan, but the chip barely leaves the ground and pea rolls into the net. Had to stop playing after that. 

Seems like they have Villa playing realistically lol!

Â