Fifa 16

penguin

I absolutely hate what they have done to crossing and wing play.  Considering so many goals are scored from crosses the way they have made it so so so difficult to score from them is absolutely ridiculous.  Needs to be patched soon.  The minute you play with 4 star teams it becomes almost impossible to win a header,  especially against 4.5 star teams.  They really need to tone down the defensive AI.  This game is completely catered for those who want to "play beautiful"  as the new slogan says.  Its just shit.  

New patch rolled out today. Apparantly adding more pace to the game. Which is fine if its somewhere between whats now and in 15. 

Dribbling seems to be the way to go this year. I like that they've nerfed what they did, they just did it way too much. And made dribbling far to strong in the same process. Heck your defender gets wrong footed by default even if you read the game correctly.

Refereing is a complete disaster. Same goes for the game overriding your passing direction.

I enjoy mixing between passings the ball into the net and a more direct, pacey style of play. But dribbling not such much, which makes this game hard to enjoy at the moment.

However playing two vs two is great fun if you're at the same wavelength as your teammate. Dont notice the things that annoys me with the game ås much much then. Crossing, corners and passing feels much better, simply because of the human movement instead of the AI

Alright I found a very consistent way to save penalties. I'll post it here, but I don't want to see it on reddit or the ea forums cause it's stupidly effective, so I don't want to deal with it when I have to score a pk. Including a pk shoot out, I have stopped 7 out of my last 10 pks. 

Basically when your opponent begins his run up, takes 1-2 steps with your keeper to the keeper's left or the striker's right. Here is a beautiful drawing I made to illustrate where to stand. 

[IMG] 

I've found that most people shot to that side of the goal on their pks, BUT the best part of standing in that spot is that even if your opponent goes down the middle, your keeper will still parry it. I recently found that out in a pk shootout. Don't dive, and don't touch your controller. Just let your opponent take the shot and if it's in catching distance of your keeper, he will grab it. If it's a couple feet from him, your keeper will automatically dive without you even doing anything. Only way to score is if your opponent chose the other way. It's a 50/50 guess whereas regular diving is probably 10-20%.

• Like 2

i find it really weird (yeh i know sad) how on fifa 15 majority of people would dive/shoot left but it has changed to dive/shoot right on fifa 16. Why the sudden switch :O!?

Dont think i missed one pen in about 50 on fifa 15, take with guzan, do the little stutter and put it to the right. Everyone would think you was taking piss and going to chip down middle with keeper. Keepers suck at taking pens on new one though :(!

Edited by gharperr
  • Like 1

Alright I found a very consistent way to save penalties. I'll post it here, but I don't want to see it on reddit or the ea forums cause it's stupidly effective, so I don't want to deal with it when I have to score a pk. Including a pk shoot out, I have stopped 7 out of my last 10 pks. 

Basically when your opponent begins his run up, takes 1-2 steps with your keeper to the keeper's left or the striker's right. Here is a beautiful drawing I made to illustrate where to stand. 

I've found that most people shot to that side of the goal on their pks, BUT the best part of standing in that spot is that even if your opponent goes down the middle, your keeper will still parry it. I recently found that out in a pk shootout. Don't dive, and don't touch your controller. Just let your opponent take the shot and if it's in catching distance of your keeper, he will grab it. If it's a couple feet from him, your keeper will automatically dive without you even doing anything. Only way to score is if your opponent chose the other way. It's a 50/50 guess whereas regular diving is probably 10-20%.

Good tip, people used to do that on FIFA 15 too. Guys even try it on PES. 

I just spank it to the other corner lol

Right then guys, I've got a decision to make, I'm going to treat myself to a PS4 but it's a toss-up between FIFA 16 and PES. Pros and cons for both...go!

PES

The end.

Why?

It's better.

Rocket League is better than both though.

• Like 1

Â