Fifa 16

penguin

Carles Gil is OP in game, want to build a squad around him on UT with him being the CAM (even though he only get 4 chemistry). Suggestions? Bought Okore and Richards as my centerbacks. Guzan in goal. Need help with what formation to use and which players to get!

Are you talking about FUT or career mode? 

FUT mate :)

Finally got on this today, went straight into the FUT draft mode and somehow come out with 4 wins so won 4 gold packs. Got a couple of players which I put on the transfer market to make 16k so not bad.

I like it but everything seems to be a foul. Cross field through balls no longer work at all, which I don't mind as it was way too easy on the old one.

Someone mentioned pens being given without even pressing a button. Had someone try to slide in and tackle the ball into the net following a scramble, they took out my player from behind and got a pen for it. I guess I was in their way? only happened once so far that but I couldn't believe it.

Need to try freekicks with different people. I can score every one with Scott Sinclair, just hold it down to the first bar it goes perfectly in. Others they are all over the place.

Said i wouldnt but it, but I did. Regret it. 

I Don't know if my aim is horrible, but I keep passing to the last player I ever wanted to pass the ball to . Therese always å better option im pointing towards(i think), but the game overruns my calls. Can't cross the ball anymore. Always ends up to close to the keeper, or behind my players. And oo so many soft pens. Really seem to be focused around dribbling this year. Oh and horrible offensive AI. Guess im just really shit at fifa 16. 

Watched my son playing this on xbone today.  Physics looked off, gameplay wasn't what I thought it would be having played the demo.  Then my better half brought me PES 16 :)

Got another bug in career mode.  Scouted a star, then signed him to the first team.  He agreed terms and then the player just vanished.  I still have the email of him agreeing, but no sign of the player in the squad.  Bugs getting a bit silly now.

It's been the same for the past few years. People say it's good when they first get it because it's new and shiny and they really WANT it to be good.

Then after a couple of weeks we all realise it's shit.

It's been the same for the past few years. People say it's good when they first get it because it's new and shiny and they really WANT it to be good.

I initially liked how it seemed like the game was harder and it would punish players who did not know the mechanics, but that is not happening. What EA effectively did was kill off and creativity and make their game so single minded. This is the first fifa where I absolutely despise playing against the AI which is a shame cause I love career mode. I played Accrington Stanley in the FA cup and they had 66% possession with +90% pass accuracy whereas I get lucky if I can complete 3-4 passes in a row. It's just so unrealistic. Why is it that the AI can make these great passes and crosses with their worse players, but when I try it, it's a 50/50 chance it will succeed? It's making me not want to even finish one season on career mode. I've been told to try to decrease the difficulty of the AI, but that does nothing. The AI's passing is still pin-point while mine is shit, but I am now winning matches by huge margins. Neither difficulty is enjoyable. It's either do I want to chase the ball for the majority of the match, or do I want to win each match by ridiculous scorelines?  

Edited by Czechlad

I initially liked how it seemed like the game was harder and it would punish players who did not know the mechanics, but that is not happening. What EA effectively did was kill off and creativity and make their game so single minded. This is the first fifa where I absolutely despise playing against the AI which is a shame cause I love career mode. I played Accrington Stanley in the FA cup and they had 66% possession with +90% pass accuracy whereas I get lucky if I can complete 3-4 passes in a row. It's just so unrealistic. Why is it that the AI can make these great passes and crosses with their worse players, but when I try it, it's a 50/50 chance it will succeed? It's making me not want to even finish one season on career mode. I've been told to try to decrease the difficulty of the AI, but that does nothing. The AI's passing is still pin-point while mine is shit, but I am now winning matches by huge margins. Neither difficulty if enjoyable. It's either do I want to chase the ball for the majority of the match, or do I want to win each match by ridiculous scorelines?  

That's pretty much why I gave the last FIFA to my brother and bought PES instead.

Might have to give PES a try then. I actually really enjoyed the demo, but I really know little about the game. I do know they lack licenses for leagues so I don't want to play with some knock out versions of our players. I also heard online match making is terrible. I've seen people who just started the game in the bottom Divisions get paired with people in the top divisions, so they obviously get slaughtered. 

I don't play online much so can't comment on that but I took 30-45 mins to update the premier league inc kits, managers, names and competition logos. It made the whole game that much better. PES is just pure fun. No goal is the same and each player plays differently. Sanchez plays like Sanchez in real life, Thiago Motta plays like Thiago Motta etc. I've played a bit of FIFA 16 and the frustrations of previous games was still there. Also each player felt the same to me and PES was just a nice change to that.

I don't know if it is the case that PES is that much better but I just think FIFA has gone a bit stale and something different usually makes people think its better, just because it is different.

I do know they lack licenses for leagues so I don't want to play with some knock out versions of our players. 

This is something i never ever understood. Why do people care about this? Im sure its pretty easy to tell what team is what and who is who. Its so often the deciding factor as to why somebody chooses fifa over pes but why does it matter?

• Like 1

I do know they lack licenses for leagues so I don't want to play with some knock out versions of our players. 

This is something i never ever understood. Why do people care about this? Im sure its pretty easy to tell what team is what and who is who. Its so often the deciding factor as to why somebody chooses fifa over pes but why does it matter?

Because I want to play with Villa. I want to feel like I am in charge of the club. That is part of the fun. I get to have the roles that the manager would have. I am guiding my favorite club to glory. But without licenses, I am not using my favorite club. I am not playing with my favorite players. I am just using random computer generated players that I have no ties to at all. I am using some cheap knock off version of Villa.

It's like asking for a coke and the waiter giving you RC cola. 

That's why the kits change all that now. Plus you have stadium editor plus they will be updating player faces every week. Most of the players feel like Villa players (judging on the live update) but they don't look like them facially.  Well half do and half don't.  I.e. Bacuna physically looks like Bacuna and even plays like Bacuna but he has a generic face.

Â