Fifa 16

penguin

Looking forward to this as it can't be worse then the abortion that is FIFA 15. I will buy it on release date as I always do, probably enjoy it for the first few weeks then spend the rest of the time moaning how bad it is. Obvious changes need to happen, much better referees, handballs that work, and a top difficulty setting that's not blatantly unfair.

• Like 2

I wouldn't include handballs. It might not be realistic, but I'd rather a game be made that rewards the better players. Don't need fluke incidents like that or AI players giving away penalties.

I am fine with them focusing on the online stuff myself. I'm at the point where I don't think you can make a decent game for offline stuff, there's too many things the AI needs to get spot on. I played about 2 games of a career mode and packed it in, it's just boring.

I just hope they stick with the price ranges and try and find more ways to stop coin sellers. This year FUT turned in to the stock market and people spending real money to get players and it meant every team was full of legends/Ronaldo/Messi/Bale/Neymar, etc from early on.

Seems all EA are bothered about is Ultimate Team now, I tried it and bloody hated it, the idea is good, but having to buy a new contract every game for one of your players is a joke. Get rid of contracts and I might give it a proper go.

• Like 1

Seems all EA are bothered about is Ultimate Team now, I tried it and bloody hated it, the idea is good, but having to buy a new contract every game for one of your players is a joke. Get rid of contracts and I might give it a proper go.

They will never get rid of those extra things because people need to buy packs to get those. It's actually impossible to play FUT without spending real money. If you start a new account, you are given a full bronze team with 1-2 non rare gold players. If you win Div 10, it'll take you 3-4 matches depending how good you are and you will get 3-4k in coins all together. Then you start Div 9 and 3-4 games in, all XI of your players now need contracts. You don't have enough coins to buy a pack or you have just enough coins to buy contracts from the market, but now you have zero coins and a crap team. You repeat this process and make coins at a snails pace. 

But EA gives you the option to spend real money and open packs which will skip the process of you having to buy contracts so you keep your coins, plus you have a very slim chance of getting a good player. This whole game mode is designed to make the user spend real money. You are at such a massive disadvantage if you don't. 

• Like 2

They will never get rid of those extra things because people need to buy packs to get those. It's actually impossible to play FUT without spending real money. If you start a new account, you are given a full bronze team with 1-2 non rare gold players. If you win Div 10, it'll take you 3-4 matches depending how good you are and you will get 3-4k in coins all together. Then you start Div 9 and 3-4 games in, all XI of your players now need contracts. You don't have enough coins to buy a pack or you have just enough coins to buy contracts from the market, but now you have zero coins and a crap team. You repeat this process and make coins at a snails pace. 

But EA gives you the option to spend real money and open packs which will skip the process of you having to buy contracts so you keep your coins, plus you have a very slim chance of getting a good player. This whole game mode is designed to make the user spend real money. You are at such a massive disadvantage if you don't. 

And while people continue to spend money on it, EA will rightly focus on it. Like all nonsense DLC, it only exists because there are people out there dumb enough to buy it

• Like 2

I don't know if I'd consider it dumb because I buy DLCs for certain games that I really enjoy. I bought every Dark Souls DLC and enjoyed all of them. The price tag was nothing much to me because I work and make my own money. What is bad about UT is that it is played but a lot of children. I've spent some money on UT because I don't have the time to grind matches and I enjoy the game, so I want to be able to play the game and be able to enjoy it too. Spending £20 to enjoy the game in the long haul is alright, but it's when children spend hundred of pounds of their parent's money, that is when the game needs to be fixed. 

Edited by Czechlad

Some DLCs represent value for money, HOWEVER, the concept of DLC only exists because people pay. All the stuff that's developed during main game dev time (which is most DLC, to be fair) would be included in the retail game if people didn't buy DLC.

If everyone boycotted it tomorrow, you'd see games offering much more content within a year

Fifa is on a downward spiral now imo, PES was the better game this year, they have the gameplay spot on and with a few tweaks it will be even better this year.

Fifa purely concentrate on UT because it makes them serious money, the actual gameplay of fifa15 is horrendous.

Why should they have separate ratings for women's football?

Otherwise they will be no better than league 2 teams and no one will play as them. 

I'm pretty sure that they are no where near as good technically or physically as league 2 players, more like Isthmian League.

Anyway, it's pretty hilarious that they are including women's national sides but it is a pretty good marketing ploy and will garner a lot of 'positive' press.

However, we all know that the game itself will be a lot shitter than PES 16 so I don't care and I won't be buying.  

Otherwise they will be no better than league 2 teams and no one will play as them. 

I'm pretty sure that they are no where near as good technically or physically as league 2 players, more like Isthmian League.

Anyway, it's pretty hilarious that they are including women's national sides but it is a pretty good marketing ploy and will garner a lot of 'positive' press.

we all know that the game itself will be a lot shitter than PES 16 so I don't care and I won't be buying.  

Do we?

Â