SCG Tonight - Any Questions?

jackbauer24

Off to the latest SCG tonight with Tom Fox and Charlie Wijeratna.

Do any of the supporters on here have any genuine (non-offensive!) questions that they'd like me to put forward if I get the chance or they are not brought up by someone else? here

Leave in about an hour, so be quick!

Can you ask why VillaTalk haven't been invited? Again?

It wasn't an invite thing it was a first come first served thing. Any fan could've gone.

It wasn't an invite thing it was a first come first served thing. Any fan could've gone.

We used to get invited. You'd think they'd want VillaTalk to be interested. But it's become about what pie fillings should be available and nothing to do with football.

• Like 3

Somebody on Twitter who supposedly was at the SCG is claiming that also. New American manufacturers apparently. That'd be great, I refuse to buy Macron.

Somebody on Twitter who supposedly was at the SCG is claiming that also. New American manufacturers apparently. That'd be great, I refuse to buy Macron.

If true I've got a feeling it'll be New Balance they've took over Liverpools deal and another premier league club next season can't remember who.

somewhere between nike releasing kits in december and these beauties - 

Leaked-images-of-the-Liverpool-201314-aw

macron doesnt seem all that bad to me... not sure why people are so offended by them, whoever pays the piper

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

Pie fillings, entrance music, shirt sizes etc maybe even a question about the half time game being a bit unfair because they put the sprinklers on whilst it's taking place...

Nothing will change

People failing at the half time game is nothing to do with the sprinklers. People are just shit at judging where their kick will end up!

First extra point; Tom Fox said we're a mile away from top 6, the horse has already bolted regarding some teams before FFP came in, but our job is to be bigger than the other 14 teams. He said we are more popular than all of them based on fan base/ twitter/global following so we need to start getting revenue from that.  So whilst top 6 are leagues away, we need to pull away from the others.

We're in top 40 clubs finance wise due to Premiership alone, and new deal will make it so of the top 30 clubs in the world, 20 of them will be Premier League clubs - this means we are in competition with just clubs around us and if we can start living up to our potential, we can effectively be the tenth biggest in the world just by using the revenue that is available to us.

• Like 2

Hainan Airlines then, new Beijing route from Birmingham starting this summer.

No names mentioned, 'they' were just here with representatives of Birmingham and showed the club off as well. May bring in no investment at all.

Manufacturer and sponsors were mentioned but only in that we didn't get enough money by any stretch. He said we may replace Macron or may not but we need more income from this area. He spoke to tables individually after main chat but I heard nothing about American manufacturers personally.

Sherwood brings a lot of development knowledge with him that Lambert didn't have. However it is a model that Villa will have eventually and if done properly should only be a plus for the manager.

wait ,.,,,did we/lerner not hire lamberk to do the borussia dortmund thing and bring players through and buy cheap and develop them ....it was like the blind leading the blind 

He said he needed time to assess Lambert but felt that he was doing a good job but then acknowledged the role was new to him and now Sherwood is in he realises how much was lacking before. Hindsight and all that.

Director of football is on back burner as Sherwood brings a lot of development knowledge with him that Lambert didn't have. However it is a model that Villa will have eventually and if done properly should only be a plus for the manager.

Hmm. Doesn't sit right with me.

Sherwood brings a lot of development knowledge with him that Lambert didn't have. However it is a model that Villa will have eventually and if done properly should only be a plus for the manager.

wait ,.,,,did we/lerner not hire lamberk to do the borussia dortmund thing and bring players through and buy cheap and develop them ....it was like the blind leading the blind 

I'm not going to try and justify what he said or the reasoning behind it - I'm just reporting directly what he said when answering some questions. He seemed to suggest that Lambert seemed to be doing all the right things when he came in and e couldn't work out why we weren't getting the results and he still thinks just because things are going wrong doesn't automatically mean it's the mangers fault as there is a lot of cogs in the machine. People weren't asking the right questions was his main point - why are we getting same injuries, why are all of our defenders injured, why are players doing the wrong training on some days etc. But now we have Sherwood, he had more of a role in the development at Spurs and all the connections he has formed and that the Director role isn't as needed for him but it will happen eventually. Currently he works with Tim and Paddy to do the role together but eventually someone else will take that role themselves.

• Like 2

He said he needed time to assess Lambert but felt that he was doing a good job but then acknowledged the role was new to him and now Sherwood is in he realises how much was lacking before. Hindsight and all that.

Director of football is on back burner as Sherwood brings a lot of development knowledge with him that Lambert didn't have. However it is a model that Villa will have eventually and if done properly should only be a plus for the manager.

Hmm. Doesn't sit right with me.

Which bit? And how doesn't it sit right? Seems pretty straight forward answer to me.

• Like 1

Â