Watford

StefanAVFC

I agree, teams hold onto managers too long at times.

However, getting rid of him before he even has the chance to manage them in the PL is wrong.

Thanks for addressing it packoman. A Brentford fan on another forum did a pretty crap job of it so I continued with my opinion.

Nothing to see here, was offered 2 deals and turned them down. 

Same as any business, there is no loyalty. you have to be ruthless whether your an employee or employer , don't wait for them as they won't wait for you. 

When the time comes the MOFOS will drop you like a neat scotch so just make sure your one step ahead!

It's worth mentioning that the Watford manager (I refer to him as such as I can't remember how to spell his name :D) was only manager since October.

It's not like they've gotten rid of a guy who'd been there for years just as they make it to the Prem.

• 6 months later...
On 5/26/2015 at 22:17, VillaChris said:

Quique was highly rated a few years back wasn't he, haven't heard much of him recently.

What a remarkable job he's done there, in fairness it shouldn't be a shock given his CV but he did go off the radar for a few years.

Probably my favourite manager in the premier league...probably just for this. The man has a touch of class.

(Go to 4:40)

• Like 2

Quique is a very good manager, did a good job at Getafe, Atletico and Valencia (unfairly treated by last 2 teams as well)

could see him go back to Madrid someday since they are running out of managers at this stage

14 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Now Watford are pratically safe send them Garde to grind out draws for the second half of the season and let's see Quique work some magic in the second half for us....

Or Lerner will have a case of mistaken identity and hire Phil Brown instead....

Big difference is they have a pacey, hard-working front two who are flying. Ayew is carrying the can for us on his own.

Deeney really is a good player regardless how much of a prick he is. He bullied Sakho all game yesterday and showed desire and no little skill

Found it funny Souness said he thought he was a lump, as he hadnt seen him play in person before that

• Like 1

When I saw Deeney played at Watford....he actually reminded me of Gabby in a lot of ways. Not the most technically gifted but would work hard for the team and could finish. This is the Gabby of 2006-10 I'm talking about.

Walsall were actually playing him wide right a lot of the time but moved him upfront start of one season and he scored 15 goals and got his move to Watford.

On 12/22/2015 at 18:03, villa4europe said:

11 goals in 78 games...

"New messi"

Big name signing but does he actually deserve that big name? Done nothing so far

Yeah Roma signed him for something crazy like 16m didn't they, wanted him to go to Watford so Iturbe and Ibarbo could unite again.

Â