Season Review 2014/15

sexbelowsound

It could indeed, but I was more talking about why we've not been great since essentially securing our safety. Nobody at villa wants to misabthe final, if we didn't have a final wed have looked very different the last 2 games

Under Lambert we played the most depressing football in the history of the club.

Sherwood got us excited about football again and saved us from relegation.

Given that we're not relegated, the entire season is now a sideshow to what happens on Saturday. As bad as it was under Lambert, if this side wins an FA Cup, they'll all be Aston Villa legends as far as i'm concerned, and this will have been a fantastic season! We haven't won a trophy in my time supporting the club.

Sunderland beat us on goal difference yet again. Speaks volumes in and of itself. I sincerely hope we turn this around and can close the relegation thread permanently.

Generally, pretty awful. Reaching the FA cup final is a fantastic achievement, but fighting relegation yet again and finishing 17th is frankly unacceptable for a club like this. We need a massive overhaul and some serious investment if we genuinely want to improve next season.

I find it hard to remember anything at all about the 2013-2014 season, save for two games against the Baggies and a win against Arsenal. If we don't win the final next week, my memories of this season will be largely the same but without an impressive win over Arsenal...

If we win next week, this will have been the best season in my time consciously following the club (since 1997/98). Strange game, football.

Another grim season with the odd highlight provided by the cup run

Last 5 seasons makes you wonder why we even bother anymore.  :(  Unless we are taken over by a rich sheikh or oligarch, we are never going to be a threat ever again. Welcome to the modern game. 

Another grim season with the odd highlight provided by the cup run

Last 5 seasons makes you wonder why we even bother anymore. :( Unless we are taken over by a rich sheikh or oligarch, we are never going to be a threat ever again. Welcome to the modern game.

It's okay, Alex, if we do really well then we can finish 8th! Just imagine...8TH!

And, if we do exceptionally well, we might finish sixth. SIXTH! And then we get to play in the bloated Europe Europa league, which will mean we'll then probably finish around 13th that season due to the toils of travelling to the arse end of Europe every Thursday. It's all so exciting that I might shit myself.

Finishing 8th or 6th is not some mega achievement but it would probably mean that we'd have won a fair few games and scored a decent amount of goals. Complete opposite to the last 5 seasons. So while it's not something to put in the trophy cabinet I'd love to be finishing top 8 again. Financially we should be able to build a squad capable of doing it.

I'm utterly perplexed as to how the players looked like they didn't give a shit about the FA Cup final. I'm just stunned. More stunned than upset or angry.

I want them all gone. We need to control alt delete everything that's happened since MON and completely start over.

• Like 1

**** me I'm glad it's over. But its just like the majority of our seasons under Lerner. I have faith Sherwood will make it less of a worry next year but until Lerner **** off we will struggle to be a top 8 side again.

Â