Season Review 2014/15

sexbelowsound

The one and only season in my time of going down (since 93) that I did honestly believe we were going down. Tim deserves major credit for getting us out of it.

The highs for me league-wise have to be the last minute winner against West Brom and the Cleverley third goal against Everton... The two moments of our season which I genuinely feel prevented us from going down. The West Brom and Liverpool cup games were special memories.

Lows were the laughable situation the club was in for so long, particularly after Keane walked out on us and then Fox's false narrative interview defending Lambert just before the Hull away game. Also these last two games has left a bitter taste to finish where we have on 38 points and in 17th, when we should really have ended the season strongly and made it to comfortable 14th.

I would so dearly love us to win a major trophy again and I will be supporting for all I'm worth on Saturday. Overall the season has been a disaster but victory on Saturday would make it so worthwhile.

Another season of clubs like Palace, Swansea, Stoke, Southampton, West Brom and Leicester to name a few finishing above us.

FFS we are Aston Villa we are better than this and I'm fed up with the club's pathetic lack of ambition

(Winning the FA Cup would be great but it's papering over the cracks). Finishing 17th, in the bottom 6 for the 4th consecutive season is disgraceful

Edited by Arj Guy

We are where we are because the  table doesn't lie. The closest we have got to be relegated since MON left- and that is saying something.Surprised us all with a great start, slowly got worse and worse and the nadir was Hull. I honestly thought we were toast. Lambert had to go regardless of hands being tied with cost cutting from the board. Apart from the last 2 games under Sherwood this is the best I have seen Villa play for years. The cup final is a great achievement and we are 1 good performance away from having a historic season, regardless of the league placement.

However this doesn't mean major changes are needed in personal in both players and arguably ownership in the summer.

Good seasons- Clark, Okore,Delph,,(new contract major plus) and  Cleverley, Tekkers and Grealish for last 10-12 games.

Bad seasons- Vlaar, Weimann and Gabby. Get rid.

Edited by The Fun Factory

Another season of clubs like Palace, Swansea, Stoke, Southampton, West Brom and Leicester to name a few finishing above us.

FFS we are Aston Villa we are better than this and I'm fed up with the club's pathetic lack of ambition

(Winning the FA Cup would be great but it's papering over the cracks). Finishing 17th, in the bottom 6 for the 4th consecutive season is disgraceful

Its abysmal when you look at the clubs who have finished above us these last few years. A reason I truly hope a takeover happens this summer.

I'm not too concerned with us finishing 17th to be honest, I think once we were safe players were doing their best not to miss the cup final because of injuries or niggles. That'll make a big difference in performance, even though it's likely only a subconscious thing. Nobody's going to want to give 100% knowing they could miss the biggest game of their career because of it, and I think that, to a certain extent, that had us on the beach after our good run given the likelihood of us going down once we'd beaten West Ham. Not ideal, but that's the way it goes. If we didn't have an FA Cup final next week we're not losing the last 2 games by an aggregate of 7-1, I guarantee it, rightly or wrongly

Its abysmal when you look at the clubs who have finished above us these last few years. A reason I truly hope a takeover happens this summer.

Stoke finished 16 points ahead of Villa. 

This shows the gap at the present of Villa to try and become even a half decent mid table side.

I'm not too concerned with us finishing 17th to be honest, I think once we were safe players were doing their best not to miss the cup final because of injuries or niggles. That'll make a big difference in performance, even though it's likely only a subconscious thing. Nobody's going to want to give 100% knowing they could miss the biggest game of their career because of it, and I think that, to a certain extent, that had us on the beach after our good run given the likelihood of us going down once we'd beaten West Ham. Not ideal, but that's the way it goes. If we didn't have an FA Cup final next week we're not losing the last 2 games by an aggregate of 7-1, I guarantee it, rightly or wrongly

I understand your point and I think you are right to a degree

There were teams today like Leicester & Stoke who never chose that attitude.....Chelsea too never and our opponents on Saturday went out with a bang.....all had reasons to be on the beach.

My worry is .....its a mentality and an attitude as much as what you are saying....but we will see.

Leicester, Chelsea, southampton and Stoke don't have a cup final next week though

but Arsenal are and they wasn't playing a relegated team.

The majority of the arsenal players don't have next week as the highlight of their careers though. They've got fa cup winners, world cup winners, champions league regulars and what have you. Saturday is another day at then office for them.

For most of our boys it'll be the first and last time they play on a stage that big

The majority of the arsenal players don't have next week as the highlight of their careers though. They've got fa cup winners, world cup winners, champions league regulars and what have you. Saturday is another day at then office for them.

For most of our boys it'll be the first and last time they play on a stage that big

which could mean they are relaxed and composed so tear us apart whilst we act like headless chickens or we over run them early and they don't recover in time

if we had a stable back four with anyone remotely reliable defensively I would have hope, as it stands we have half fit, passed it and out of position players filling those roles badly.

Edited by VillanousOne

Â