• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

The objective was to stay up and we done it.....but it's funny how we always seem to just do enough and be happy.

I hope Tim has a long hard look at this squad and deals with it in a way that winners do.

There are plenty of teams today that had nothing to play for but had big wins.....it reflects their mentality and approach

I hope the FA cup is the distraction and the reason for a low level performance.....next week will reveal that.

Edited by TRO

Typical end of season stuff. Would have liked to see a win, and a few goals, but I'm not too bothered. Heaton man of the match. As I said in the match thread, if we're looking for a new number 1, he'd be worth a punt on that performance. 

Edited by dAVe80

For me today and last week highlights the difference between winners and alsorans / losers. TS has spotted it thankfully and he has already mentioned that we play better in a high pressure situation. So this clearly shows that is an issue to do with "winning mentality" or rather a lack of one.

This can be compared to the difference between successful / wealthy people and the normal person scraping through day by day to just about keep their head above financially troubled waters.

The difference?           =       Attitude

If you do over and above what is required every single day you will ultimately become successful. If you skip things & cut corners preferring to scrape by with the minimum of effort required you will never be wealthy, unless you win the lottery maybe!

In a job situation Villa are the equivalent of a man who under performs as long as he's getting away with it but when he realises his jobs on the line he suddenly puts a shift in, then on feeling his jobs safe once more his performance level drops straight back down again!

A successful team puts a shift in for every single game regardless as they know it's whats required to be successful

Look at Atletico Madrid! They have an exceptional attitude though you could surely argue their players are not of the ilk of Barca or Real, That's what can be done with a brilliant attitude... Villa are found desperately wanting in this area and if TS can sort this out and rid the club of the offenders we could have a much better season next time out.

Brilliant post and spot on

• Like 1

We have got our aston villa back, the last two games showed the alto egos in our players ranks. Players that are asked to do a job for the team but think they are to good to do it. These players fall back into their old ways far to easy , time for a major clearout and get some team players that put aston villa first.

• Like 2

Part of me feels, Hutton, Zog, Gabby, Vlaar will never consistently be what we need anymore

i don't even think Bacuna is really a viable right back, our defence is a shambles

only Clark is good enough, Okore and Baker are close but we need an entire new defence

• Like 1

I saw Gil driving away at 2.45

That's funny because he was walking around with the rest of the squad for the lap of dishonour after the final whistle...
  • Like 4

Tepid and disinterested performance which was okay but why play key players and run the risk of injury ?

Totally stupid team selection ..... should have played all the reserves who would have had a reason to go out and give 100%.

• Like 2

I waited a couple hours before reacting, but it didn't really help. I've been very disappointed with the last two games. Tim, thanks for keeping us up, but this was not a good way to end the season. Terrible performance, and it was achieved with a strong team. We got nothing going in the attack. Cleverley was as bad I've seen this season. So was Gabby, totally useless. If this was the motivation level, why play a strong team?

• Like 1

I guess sometimes leaving players out too long can have an adverse affect.

I would be be reluctant to tell him he was stupid......until perhaps alert the cup final...just joking.

Tepid performance today. Ok it didn't really matter but the defeat today has resulted in Villa's worst position for 20 years and has lost the club £1.2 million. Silly early goal to let in and the first half was Lambertesque. The second was marginally better but Burnley were well organised and it looked like we just ran out of ideas and just going through the motions really.  In the end Burnley put the greater effort in and deserved the win.  Hinton had a good game and  you can see if Dyche had better players and/or a higher budget, they would have stayed up.

Strange selections today with Steer in goal and Nzogbia as a full back. I personally would have brought Sinclair on a lot earlier as I am sure he would have wanted to impress the manager for a place in the final next week.

Even though it was nearly a full house, it was a c**p atmosphere today with plenty of fair weather fans out who moaned as soon as they can and buggered off without even seeing the players lap of appreciation. Not impressed with that.

At the end of the day if you said 2 months ago we would have been safe with 2 to go and in the Cup Final, everyone would have been delighted with this. The last 2 games has put us somewhat back to reality and the realisation that Sherwood and board need major positive transfer activity to avoid this rubbish next season. We have to aim for mid table and 45 points next season as the minimum. 20 wins in 76 home league games is just not good enough and unless our home form is resolved, we going to struggle again in 2015/16.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 1

Â