• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

when we play like a limp penis do we no longer get to vote on the player performances?

Just like the last five or siz games, it's in a different thread called "Man of the Match".

I don't think we were awful - it was just a typical home performance with no cutting edge. Burnley didn't deserve to win at all but that's football sometimes. Not too bothered so long as there are no injuries as a result of the game and that we play much better in the final.

Oddly, although we were poor, we still created lots of very good chances, Vlaar should have scored, Benteke should have scored, Gabby should have scored and N'Zogbia, Delph and Westwood had chances they'd fancy. We were the better team and played poorly. Hopefully next week absolutely everything goes in.

Also, Cissokho, Richardson, Bennett, Clark, Baker and Lowton would all have played at left back ahead of N'Zogbia had circumstances allowed - I can't think of many teams that wouldn't struggle with their seventh choice left back. We're missing a ridiculous amount of defenders and I really hope we have at least a couple back for Saturday.

• Like 2

Oh, and the goal was just ridiculous. Do we have any players who can win a header?

Not in recent times we are woeful in the air at the back.

when we play like a limp penis do we no longer get to vote on the player performances?

Just like the last five or siz games, it's in a different thread called "Man of the Match".

I wanted to let you know there was a major update on Voopl.

You can now access your profile (by clicking on your email, top right on the menu), the game history and player stats within the plugin in the forum.

You also can see your global voopl index, your rank within your team and your global rank on the platform (You need at least 2 votes for that) directly from your profile.

Cheers.

I'll probably get slagged off for saying this... but some of our fans really are an absolute disgrace and an utter embarrassment. People booed at half-time and full-time, we had fans going mental at the players during the game, it was a full house and the atmosphere was largely silent - ONE week before an FA Cup Final.

And then, just to top it off, I log on to Twitter and see a "poll" being undertaken by a very well known Villa account asking whether people still support Sherwood. WHAT THE FU*KING F*CK!? Are these people even on this planet? I could scream I'm so angry. Tim Sherwood has saved this football club from certain relegation. Even Mat Kendrick cannot believe what he has seen.

You really do look at days like today and see why every other Midlands' club hates us. It's not JUST because of our past successes - it's because we're like the Arsenal of the Midlands to a lot of our fans. Expect the world, never ever happy. Moaning, whiny supporters who think we're owed 3 points in every single game.

If this makes me a bad fan for slagging off my own then so be it, it has to be said. Literally unbelievable some of our fans are.

*disclaimer - we also have a lot of very good fans.

• Like 4

I'll probably get slagged off for saying this... but some of our fans really are an absolute disgrace and an utter embarrassment. People booed at half-time and full-time, we had fans going mental at the players during the game, it was a full house and the atmosphere was largely silent - ONE week before an FA Cup Final.

And then, just to top it off, I log on to Twitter and see a "poll" being undertaken by a very well known Villa account asking whether people still support Sherwood. WHAT THE FU*KING F*CK!? Are these people even on this planet? I could scream I'm so angry. Tim Sherwood has saved this football club from certain relegation. Even Mat Kendrick cannot believe what he has seen.

You really do look at days like today and see why every other Midlands' club hates us. It's not JUST because of our past successes - it's because we're like the Arsenal of the Midlands to a lot of our fans. Expect the world, never ever happy. Moaning, whiny supporters who think we're owed 3 points in every single game.

If this makes me a bad fan for slagging off my own then so be it, it has to be said. Literally unbelievable some of our fans are.

Yep because wanting a comfortable midtable finish really is expecting the world. I couldn't give a **** about what fans of other Midlands teams in our shadow think of us. Our fans expect better than just staying up every season and rightly so
  • Like 3

Two out of the last siz have been so bad

It was the quietest I've seen Villa Park, quite ironic for a full house. It was like watching a Man City match.

Understandable considering it was a complete nothing game...

I dont agree, it was our last home game where we should have signed off with a win against a poor and relegated side as a boost for the Cup Final. Beyond that the match did not matter save for the pride of being a couple of places higher and worth £2m

As it was the first half looked like we had asked Paul Lambert to manage us so it was back to the bad old days of dire crab like football. The ground was jumping for the first quarter of an hour but the atmosphere died as the half wore on. I was amazed though that a bunch of clowns, in the Holt, booed at half time. We were much better in the second half but you could just feel that it was one of those days where we were not going to score but the vocal support was a little better. Personally I felt the players were very jittery with their minds on next week.

Mind you the team put out by TS was odd and I would like to know how much of it was influenced by injury and how much of resting players. If you accept the principle it was a dead rubber I would have rested a lot more players and really given the second string and the kids an outing.

Edited by Harry
  • Like 2

Yep because wanting a comfortable midtable finish really is expecting the world. I couldn't give a **** about what fans of other Midlands teams in our shadow think of us. Our fans expect better than just staying up every season and rightly so

If this was a couple of years in to Sherwood's reign, you'd have a point, but we looked almost certain to go down a few months ago, and we've stayed up with 2 games to spare, and got to the cup final, and people boo the players off on the last home game of the season? Very short memories. The last two games have been disappointing, but the people who booed are clearings in the woods.

• Like 2

I wanted to let you know there was a major update on Voopl.

You can now access your profile (by clicking on your email, top right on the menu), the game history and player stats within the plugin in the forum.

You also can see your global voopl index, your rank within your team and your global rank on the platform (You need at least 2 votes for that) directly from your profile.

Cheers.

For the last feature :

profil13.png

You should see something like this (right click open image in a new tab).

Feel free to ask any question.

Even though it was nearly a full house, it was a c**p atmosphere today with plenty of fair weather fans out who moaned as soon as they can and buggered off without even seeing the players lap of appreciation. Not impressed with that.

With all due respect having sat in the Upper Holte today with 5 other friends purely on the basis of 'the atmosphere is better in the Upper Holte' we were very disappointed. To blame 'fair weather fans' is as pointless an argument as you will ever have, how many season ticket holders were there yesterday making little or no noise? The performance from the players led to the lack of atmosphere, people can only get excited and raucous if the football in-front of them warrants it. What I found most disturbing was the chant of 'Where were you when we were shit" A) Have we suddenly stopped being shit? and B ) Who does that chant help? People paid money to go and watch the team and give them a good send off before a cup final, its just a shame that the players who were picked didn't want to risk an injury, the manager didn't want to see if any of the other squad players would bust a gut to get on to the bench at Wembley and the 'hardcore' fans weren't pleased that we finally had a full house. I left before the lap of honour, as I feel that applauding 17th position and staying up once again because of there being 3 worse teams than us didn't warrant a thank you or any appreciation.

However, here is to next week and hopefully a cup win, which would kick start our season early.

(P.S. Jed Steer....someone teach the man how to kick a ball please)

Edited by steve1986

Bitter Sweet.....many ways of looking at it.

Tim has worked wonders

But the team finished 17th despite the FInal.

Moving forward we do need to raise expectation......this is a big club.

• Like 1

BBC website (if you trust it any more) shows 60+% possession and 17 shots on goal (ish) and I think 5 on target... That's better than we were doing under the previous manager in a game of this nature. We created the chances, but just didn't put them away.

It is a disappointing finish, losing two games on the spin, but I see beyond that - at the two very big positives going into the Summer... We survived... and we won a FA Cup Semi-Final against the international star team of Liverpool... That's the same Liverpool who also got dicked 6-1 away from home... to Stoke City... and in the Gerrard media-love-in final farewell game... Imagine that... how embarrassed must they feel right now?

Now, we still have the final to go - if Blues and Wigan and nearly Reading and Hull can beat them or make a game of it, I am sure we can too. Sunderland recently got a draw out of them at Emirates...

Just get behind the team this week... stamp your feet, clap your hands, sing some lovely loud songs of positivity about OUR fine club... Make it happen, bring it home and all that jazz...

COME ON VILLA, come on...

Edited by Raver50032

Â