• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

Awful game. It's hard to tell if we were taking it easy for the final or whether we were just genuinely bad, but it's not ideal to play so poorly for 2 matches before the biggest game that the club has had for quite a while. It looked like we were playing under Lambert again, struggling to break teams down, poor final ball, school boy defending. Granted, it's difficult to find a breakthrough when the opposition are playing so negative and putting 10 behind the ball, but teams down this end of the table will do that and we need to find that bit of creativity.

Glad the season is over, and fingers crossed for next weekend, but we need some big changes in the summer to avoid another season like this.

So yeah, that was pretty rancid and quite worrying.

And I'm not one for omen, portents, precognition, superstition, or the like, but... I do remember in 1994 our last game before our league cup final vs Man U - we lost to second-bottom Oldham (what a pain they were to us in the early nineties for a shit team...). The Argus' front-page match summary I remember especially well: "on this form Villa have no chance at Wembley".

Well, we know what happened.

Yes, grasping at straws, searching for hope in the dark, but... does anyone have Graham Fenton's phone number...

Edited by Intercourse_The_Penguin
  • Like 2

Each season we slip closer to relegation. If we get any closer now we are down

Poor performance and absolute madness playing all our best players for a meaningless game

They looked knackered.

Terrible decision by sherwood. Sho UK Ltd have played more fringe players and given them an opportunity to show what the can do to be considered for final.

Madness absolutely crazy

Worst season so far I've ever witnessed as a Villa fan, absolutely awful.

Today didn't help, everything was all wrong. Got to up our game next week otherwise it'll be embarrassing.

If you watched the highlights back of that game you'd wonder how on earth we lost.

Though to be fair I've no idea why anyone cares. The players didn't and to be honest, why would they?

It was literally a friendly.

Because Sherwood was saying that no-ones place is safe for the final

Because we could have moved up the table and made more money

Because we needed some decent form and improved morale going into the cup 

• Like 4

Worst season so far I've ever witnessed as a Villa fan, absolutely awful.

Today didn't help, everything was all wrong. Got to up our game next week otherwise it'll be embarrassing.

We've had plenty of terrible seasons since MON left, but I agree this one was record breakingly bad.

It feels like it's only pressure that makes us play well, because even Lambert had a couple of decent-ish last minute run ins to the seasons he was in charge, and we looked like we could have turned a corner. Then the following season we soon learn we hadn't.

Let's just pretend this season never excisted and move on

We have been doing just that......that's why we are where we are.

Perhaps the alternative is face a reality check head on.......and deal with it.

If you watched the highlights back of that game you'd wonder how on earth we lost.

Though to be fair I've no idea why anyone cares. The players didn't and to be honest, why would they?

Agreed.  What did they have two shots on target?  They had 9 men behind the ball from the 7th minute onwards.

Disappointing result, but their keeper is walking off with their MotM award.

First game I've been to all season and a big reminder of why I haven't been going. God we are woeful. All of a sudden buying a season ticket doesn't seem like such a good idea. Next week is going to be painful.

Because Sherwood was saying that no-one's place is safe for the final

Oh and because we'd been hammered and humiliated by Southampton in the previous game and needed to show we were better than that!

Edited by VillanousOne
  • Like 1

Because Sherwood was saying that no-ones place is safe for the final

Exaclty, 

I could add to that personal pride at not finishing as the lowest placed surviving club

Putting on a performance for the fans an the last home game of the season to send them home happy after a quite horrid season (or 4)

• Like 1

Â