England squad for Ireland & Slovenia

andykeenan

Ireland June 7

Slovenia June 14

Goalkeepers

Robert Green (Queens Park Rangers), Joe Hart (Manchester City), Tom Heaton (Burnley)

Defenders

Ryan Bertrand (Southampton), Gary Cahill (Chelsea), Nathaniel Clyne (Southampton), Kieran Gibbs (Arsenal), Phil Jagielka (Everton), Phil Jones (Manchester United), Chris Smalling (Manchester United)

Midfielders

Ross Barkley (Everton), Fabian Delph (Aston Villa), Jordan Henderson (Liverpool), Adam Lallana (Liverpool), Ryan Mason (Tottenham Hotspur), James Milner (Manchester City), Raheem Sterling (Liverpool), Andros Townsend (Tottenham Hotspur), Theo Walcott (Arsenal), Jack Wilshere (Arsenal)

Forwards

Charlie Austin (Queens Park Rangers), Wayne Rooney (Manchester United), Jamie Vardy (Leicester City), Danny Welbeck (Arsen

Minging squad

Hopefully we get destroyed at the Euro's and Woy finally leaves.

It's a travesty that he was kept on after the World Cup.

Shocking manager. If he was foreign the media would slaughter him but they don't because he's "nice old Woy".

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 1

jack wilshre has made 2 sub appearances and 1 start (subbed off) and played about 90 minutes of football in 3 months...straight back in the squad...

walcott isnt playing and when he comes on he's doing absolutely **** all...straight in the squad...

mason over cleverley...

vardy...

i would say same old england, but mason is only getting his 2nd cap, vardy and austin will make their debuts, so people will say woys giving them a chance, in reality its a terrible squad

Everybody having kittens over Mason but he is effectively the only defensive midfielder in that squad so I can see why he is there. The other is Wilshere! Well Roy thinks he can play that role but that pretty much says it all about how weak we are in that position.

You can't really look at it as Mason or Cleverely they play different positions.

I would definitely agree that Tom should be in ahead of Wilshere but I think Roy still thinks he's the next Wayne Rooney. The fans already know he's not, the media are getting used to the idea and Roy will get there in his own time, ditto Ross Barkley at this point in time.

It is a woeful squad but we have been this bad for ages not sure why everyone is surprised by this particular squad.

Edited by villaglint

Vardy is just a lower league runner, he has no business being in any England squad.

I accept the options are limited with injuries and the under 21 strikers being in that squad which I fully agree with but why not just name 3 strikers and overload with midfielders, I thought Ashley Young was supposed to be recalled to this squad as he's certainly been one of the most inform English players of the second half of the season.

Ah didn't see the Young injury so that explains that omission.

If we're talking journeymen who should be called up, I noticed a few were pressing Jason Puncheon's claims given his good form for Palace in the second half of the season, rather see him than Vardy.

As mentioned earlier how's Wilshere the arrogant little tw*t got in hardly played been sat on the bench 6-8 weeks after being out yet still gets picked mind boggles

Â