Have you ever lost your wallet ?

Ikantcpell

Never had a wallet until i was 21. Treated myself to a pretty expensive one for my 21st. Had two guns put to my head 1.5months ago (year later) with them taking it with about £110 inside. Will never be buying another one. Even when i got change/notes from using a note i would always put it in my pocket. Waste of money

No the kind gentleman didnt hand me my wallet back. Bastards

Edited by gharperr

Don't know, lost it and someone found it and decided to use it or it was outright stolen while I was drunk in a club once. They made one withdrawal on the card at the club, two beers and two drinks, and nothing more. The pain was to replace the driver licence.

Lost mine to a pick pocket as I was boarding a bus once. Didn't have any cash in it and contacted my bank immediately to cancel my cards. Didn't cost me anything except a bit of effort. I still have a wallet but I'm more careful about where I keep it and where/when I'll bring it.

My dad is the world champion of losing wallets, though. His MO is to leave it on the roof of his car while filling petrol, then drive off.

I lost mine in a hostel in Australia and had over $100 (probably about ten quid ;) ), plus all my cards and was panicking like anything. I said to the girl working at reception I don't care about the cash, as long as I get my cards back I'm not bothered. Anyway about two hours later I check reception and they've found the wallet, minus the cash. That was when I found out I really did care about the cash and went a little bit mental.

What worries me is contactless bank cards, if it takes you a little while to work out you've lost your wallet then someone could have bought a shitload of stuff.

People always say 'but you can only make 3 £20 transactions a day on it, to which I say what happens if I lose it on a Friday and don't have any need to spend any money for the rest of the weekend so I don't realise until Monday morning that it's missing?

Found a wallet last week in Walmart that must've had three or four grand in cash in it, but I'm a decent sort and went straight to a till and had them make an announcement over the tannoy for the owner via the name on the drivers license.

The chap presented himself at customer service at the other end of the store and I was happy enough to leave it at that and resume my shopping. Didn't want to make it awkward by waiting around looking like I was reward hunting

I left mine on the roof of the car at the beach once and drove off. I didn't realise I'd lost it til I got home. I drove straight to the local cop shop and my wallet was there waiting for me.

Ever since that day when I'm out and about I'm constantly feeling my back pocket to make sure it's there and always double check before I get into the car.

Never had a wallet until i was 21. Treated myself to a pretty expensive one for my 21st. Had two guns put to my head 1.5months ago (year later) with them taking it with about £110 inside. Will never be buying another one. Even when i got change/notes from using a note i would always put it in my pocket. Waste of money

Where were you when that happened? Any follow-up on the muggers?

I have a wallet for cash and cards that I use during the day.

But if I'm out and about I usually just take my cash and debit card. No need to bring anything else with me and that's when I'm most likely to lose anything.

I'll take this on a tangent now. It annoys me when I see people with MASSIVE wallets, because they keep coins in there and have kept every receipt and train ticket they've had since 1982.

Something like this is all you really need

il_570xN.405132520_inui.jpg

Don't be George Costanza

stuffed-costanza-wallet.png

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Mine's permanently full of receipts for things that I'm going to claim back for work. That and cards. x2 credit and one debit card, petrol card x2, works credit card, RAC card, Oyster card, office pass x3 and a nectar card. 

Never any money though.

I've so far managed to never lose my wallet although I did find a tenner on the ground coming out of an Alvechurch match when I was a nipper. I pointed it out to my dad and as I did so, my mate who I'd taken along, swooped in and grabbed it before I got to it. Never forgiven him.

I **** hate them videos, oh look how nice the people in the world are, oh look the black one legged dude is spending my money, he looks a little ghetto so he must be, oh wait the black ghetto dude is acutally not a bastard, lets put some soppy music behind it and the youtube world will praise him and most importantly they will praise us for creating an uplifting hearty video that shows the good natured people we have in the world.

go **** yourselves, for everyone person that would give it back there is another who would take it.

I wish he would have used his card and then sparked them out when they confronted him, would have served them right in the first place for giving someone the oppurtunity to do it.

Any no I've never lost my wallet, if I found one that had a name or address in it then I would try and return it, if it had a couple of quid in it and no way to trace the owner then hellz yeah I would spend it.

Probably all a set up, these kinds of videos normally are

Where were you when that happened? Any follow-up on the muggers?

Philippines > Manila > Malate. Didnt bother reporting. Wasnt the most safest of areas i was in tbf. Quite lucky because i usually took my laptop and the one time i never, they got me lol

Edited by gharperr

I haven't been to many places, but I have been there. It would be #1 on my list of places you don't want to lose your wallet :)  It would probably be #2 and #3 on that list aswell :)

• Like 1

Â