Pre Match Thread

maqroll

Grealish, Cleverley and Okore all looked dead on their feet yesterday. Sherwood indicated that Okore's been playing with a knock also. I'd like to see all three rested against Burnley if we can do it. It's a good opportunity for someone like Gil to come in and show Sherwood that he has a role to play next season. I think this Christmas tree formation would really suit Gil, too, so I do hope he gets the chance.

This is a must win still, we need to go into the final on a high

I really don't see how beating an already relegated Burnley would make us play amazing in the cup final, the quality levels between the two are large to say the least.

For people worrying about a limp end of season Hull actually finished with 3 defeats end of last season and then gave a tremendous performance in the final. If we went 2-0 up v Arsenal I'd fancy us to hold out.

Ahhhhhhhh.....to go into next Sunday with no pressure is a great feeling. Should be a party atmosphere. I hope TS gives a few players a rest for the Cup final.

For Burnley I'd go with:

Given

Lowton Senderos Vlaar Hutton

Sanchez

Gil         Cole      Sinclair

Weimann          Gabby

Please no

I do not think anyone deserves a rest that played on Saturday because they got one then!

I think those that played need a shot of confidence that a win against Burnley would provide. Given that anyone with any slight knock should not play.

It would also be nice to see three or more of Gabby, Sinclair, Gil, Weimann, Cole, Lowton and Senderos getting some sort of time on the pitch with the final in mind. Looking forward to a game without the pressure of relegation hanging over our heads particularly in the last few minutes.       

• Like 1

Yes rest Grealish, Cleverley, Okore and maybe Delph too, Give Gil a game. I wouldn't rest Benteke unless he's carrying a knock. 

What's the point in playing Benteke in a meaningless game? He's already on form. If he got an injury, or even a knock, against Burnley in a dead rubber, it would be devastating. We'd have pretty much no chance in the Final if that happened, if we're being completely honest. 

• Like 2