• Poor
    • Very Poor
  2. 2. Refereeing Performance

• Very Good
    • Good
    • Average
    • Poor
    • Very Poor

awful stuff first half. defence didn't heed two very clear early warnings about them getting behind the defensive line & once one went in, everything fell to pieces. Players just hit a wall maybe, lot of high pressure & high intensity performances last few weeks and nothing left in tank today. there was maybe some complacency too, players perhaps showed up thinking that Southampton were already on the beach this season, so weren't prepared for a side who were pressing quickly & had a lot of pace to get behind: if that's the case it's on the manager as well for not preparing them properly. No excuses, whatever the reason for that collapse, we had enough experience out there to at least be able to shut things down and show some semblance of composure after conceding. we just kept giving the ball back and letting them do the same thing over and over again.

One slight positive - and it's a pretty desperate reach to find one - I'd rather this performance came here than at Wembley. surely cannot play so bad again this season (or hopefully ever!).

Tims tactics totally to blame today, never see the point of playing so many players out of position.vlarr has to play right side of defence,okore was so poor today if he had to be on the pitch it is less damage for him to be left side and at least not handicap both centre backs. Hutton totally lost at left back, have we no left sided players at any level at this club,the lack of energy in midfield was a worry and not making any changes earlier just served to drag this game further into the horror show it turned out to be. Bad day at the office and shows the frailty of many of these players leadership and brains. 

Hutton needs to play right back only, if Richardson is out we need to play Lowton or Aly. Okore still needs time but the way he rushes into midfield blindly reminds me of David Luiz. Vlaar isn't the rock he used to be.

Edited by TreeVillan

Abysmal.

However, only one game and we've been very good in the previous five games. Have to write today off as an awful day at the office and hopefully Tim has learnt more from this game than the previous five in terms of what areas need strengthening. 

Edited by Xela

Tactics may have been somewhat naive today. But this result, above all else, highlights the fact that a lot of these players are simply not good enough. If we survive in the Premiership, then some major movement in the transfer market will be needed, both in and out. Come on Spurs.

• Like 1

Tactics may have been somewhat naive today. But this result, above all else, highlights the fact that a lot of these players are simply not good enough. If we survive in the Premiership, then some major movement in the transfer market will be needed, both in and out. Come on Spurs.

We've not been in the premiership since 2007.

• Like 1

Utter gash!

When are people going to realise that Vlaar is utter pants? He keeps talking about a move to another club and then when he's not injured and plays makes mistakes, causes penalties and is utter gash. The sooner he is out the better. I'm hoping the talk of Tim keeping him is to keep the guy motivated, then we get shot of him at the end of the season.

There was no urgency in Midfield, and what was N'Zogbia doing - I don't think he even got off the bus! I looks like we are going to be safe because of other results, but Tim has got to bring in more quality in the summer, starting with a goalkeeper and better defence options.

We're safe, that's most important. This was a good day in itself.

However, this was a very bad day for our cup hopes. Our confidence is shot. Well, in one game anything can happen. We can still win it.

Am i one of the few who doesnt care all that much? Some of the reactions in the match thread was so over the top. Close to a nothing game

Well it wouldn't have been if Hull had won. I guess you find losing to Southampton 6-1 acceptable. We are safe and you have to give the players a lot of credit for that. However they should all be embarrassed and ashamed at today's performance and result

Â