Witcher 3

lapal_fan

Sometimes I fancy popping and doing a side mission before continuing with the main question and I'm still there 3 hours later.  Seriously, how many hours of dialogue have been recorded for this game?

Sometimes I fancy popping and doing a side mission before continuing with the main question and I'm still there 3 hours later.  Seriously, how many hours of dialogue have been recorded for this game?

Think they began recording in 2012

The reason this will never be the greatest game of all time is the **** lamps next to the sign posts! Everytime I try to fast travel I spend about a minute extinguishing and ignited lamps!

Are there repercussions for looting stuff out of people's houses? I get a message suggesting I shouldn't loot military types but not when I pillage every day citizens

Sometimes I fancy popping and doing a side mission before continuing with the main question and I'm still there 3 hours later. Seriously, how many hours of dialogue have been recorded for this game?

The games had over 450,000 voice acted words, as a comparison the average book as 80,000-100,000 words written. The main story line (roughly 45-50 hours) has 950 speaking roles.

Are there repercussions for looting stuff out of people's houses? I get a message suggesting I shouldn't loot military types but not when I pillage every day citizens

None as far as I'm aware, and my Geralt is rooting around in every chest, hessian bag, crate, sideboard and box there is. So long as you're not in the vicinity of a military type you'll be fine. If you are near one and do it, you'll have them attack you, and most of them seem to be pretty high level so it's not recommended.

• Like 1

You don't play all your cards in the first round. If you put down 2 cards that add up to 10 in round one, then end your turn. The other player has to beat that or they lose the first round. You can only draw more cards from other cards that let you draw more cards.

Gwent is shite, I understand round 1 but for rounds 2 and 3 nothing seems to happen, one or no cards are drawn and I lose, I don't get it

You only get the 10 cards drawn at the start of match for all 3 rounds, the only time you get more cards throughout a game is by utilising cards or perks that add more cards to your hand, such as:

Spy cards - cards that have an eye symbol on them; when you play one of these they are placed on your opponent's side of the board adding to their score, but the pay off is you then get another 2 cards randomly drawn from your deck.  As such the lower the score of a spy card the better, but even high-scoring spy cards can be devastating for tactics like playing multiple spy cards and then throwing the first round, giving you a much bigger hand than your opponent for rounds 2 and 3.  

If all your spy cards are in the same combat row, they can also have fantastic synergy with scorch cards; lay them all down, give yourself a bunch of extra cards in the process and then play the requisite scorch card for that combat row and laugh maniacally as your opponent's point advantage is melted away.  You can also use weather cards in the same way, but to be honest you'll soon find weather cards to be a bit rubbish and you'll probably not use them as your decks get better.

Medic cards - ones with a cross symbol, save them for your last round.  When these are played you get to pick a unit card from your discard pile and play it immediately.  This is particularly hilarious if you find yourself playing an opponent that favours spy cards, as any spy cards played against you are added to your side of the board and thus go into your discard pile at the end of round; wait until the last round, whack a medic down, pick your opponent's spy card and play it right back at them, drawing yet more cards for yourself.  The AI opponents always seems to have the best (i.e. lowest-scored) spy cards as well.  Laugh maniacally.

Northern Realms faction perk - should be your starter deck and the one you can build to be quite powerful early on, it has the handy perk of getting an additional card drawn from your deck when you win a round.  Laugh maniacally.  Side note - I personally like to go with the Foltest leader card that acts like a clear weather card and save it until the end of a match, as the AI tends to wait until the last possible moment to start throwing weather cards down.

I haven't built up enough Muster cards to add to a deck yet, but they too are meant to be great for bringing extra cards into play.

Basically, every time you find a merchant or innkeeper that stocks cards, buy them all.  Every time you talk to someone and the option of a Gwent game crops up, play until you win (you get one card off everyone you defeat).  You'll get the hang of it fairly quickly, and you'll have a competitive deck built up soon enough.

Also; laugh maniacally.

I'm having the same issues with this as The Witcher 2 unfortunately. I just don't think it's my sort of game. The controls are cumbersome; the amount of times I go to talk to someone, loot a crate or harvest a herb and Geralt just walks too close and I have to clunkily move into the exact position. Very annoying. I don't like the combat either. Maybe that's unfair of me as I've been somewhat over-exposed to the Souls games combat in recent times, but it doesn't even compare.

There's also too much choice for me. That's not a criticism of this game in particular, lots of these kinds of games do and I just don't get along with them. I just can't get into the flow of the game, it's all too stop-start for me.

Edited by Ginko

I will say this against the game, the bugs and niggles are an ever increasing pile of shame against it. Even the free DLC is bugged. The Fools Gold DLC mission has a bug I've just come across where you can't speak to someone to progress the mission. Nothing I can do improves this, even a reload to earlier save.

It's a glorious title but there's some really shoddy stuff in it.

I had a bug yesterday in only the second sidequest I took on. It's called 'Missing In Action', the one where you help this guy look for his brother's body on the battlefield. Well, I approached all of the shields with flowers on in the area on the map but a couple of them I couldn't interact with so I couldn't complete the quest. Not very impressed.

Reloaded the save and managed to do that quest. I then had a good time of running into some stuff randomly. I found a couple of places of power, one of which was guarded by a Wraith that was supposedly too tough for me, but I managed to take him down. 

It was fun, think I'm starting to get into it more now. Combat is still meh, but at least I'm decent at it.

I dont understand what you lot are talking about finding wolf and griffin armour?

Just had my first fight with the wild hunt, needed to be level 6 but was level 4. I like how I had to change my fighting style to fit the boss. 

Â