Witcher 3

lapal_fan

This game has Brummies in it!  Can't believe it.

They always use an array of English accents in medieval/fantasy and Brummie always gets overlooked.  Witcher rules.

Ah, you've met the 'Brummie' Baron then? :mrgreen:

This game has Brummies in it! Can't believe it.

They always use an array of English accents in medieval/fantasy and Brummie always gets overlooked. Witcher rules.

Ah, you've met the 'Brummie' Baron then? :mrgreen:

I have indeed! A lot of his men are Brummies too.

To me skyrim was just big, didn't interest me enough to persevere with it, you can speak to everyone! You can go through all the draws and cupboards! But it doesn't really go anywhere... Plus for me it got the balance between open world and linear wrong, it's too open, if you look at say FF, they got you hooked before they opened it up, look at skyrim and fallout etc you play for about 10 minutes to set the scene and then you're off on your lonesome, I don't find that enjoyable

I think it's the best game of this generation.

But I love sandbox type games, and I'm a sucker for quests with a good story and a bit of emotional investment so it's pretty much perfect for me.

So I can get this for free via Tesco direct with my points...

Is it that good? Not sure if I'm in the mood for such a large scale game.

This was my fear too, however it isn't overwhelming at all, easy to "pick up and play" without putting a downer on the story or as D1 says the emotional investment you put in. Great game.

Is it still the same was The Witcher 2 with an emphasis for preparing for fights with various potions for buffs? Or is there less of that? I just didn't much care for that extra complication. I should give it another try though, it's pretty much right up my alley, I just don't really like stuff like that where you have too much choice.

Holy shit.

That first major storyline in Velen with the fetus is extremely grim, but also really powerful. I'll be a wreck if the storylines carry on like this.

• Like 1

Is it still the same was The Witcher 2 with an emphasis for preparing for fights with various potions for buffs? Or is there less of that? I just didn't much care for that extra complication. I should give it another try though, it's pretty much right up my alley, I just don't really like stuff like that where you have too much choice.

There are times where I think "crap I should've prepared" but after trying several methods/dieing you can still get through the bosses etc. without prep.

That said, it would help a lot if I remembered to bring a lot of food into the dungeon I'm currently in!

The fact that every enemy in the game has varying weakness to oils/signs/steel - silver swords makes it stand out against other similar games, instead of just mindless button bashing, it does require you to gather information on the enemy in your bestiary and just adds to the charm and depth of the game, imo. That said, it doesn't really seem to matter a great deal on normal difficulty.

Samjp, I think if you make the swallow potion, when you've used up all 3, then meditate it refills them for you if you're carrying alcohol (which is found everywhere when looting) so you shouldn't need to worry too much about carrying food. 

I can easily get lost in games like this. I loot EVERYTHING and i try to visit everyone of those little question marks on the map too. Love it.

Started to really click with it now although I'm still not out of the starting area, had little time for a proper session.

Saying that, it's got the usual CDPR buggy nature, already for a glitches quest meaning I can't complete a minor side quest, and also got the unintentionally hilarious sight, during the cutscene after the griffon quest, of Vesemir's hairless disembodied head and floating sword addressing me and then bounding off into the distance.

Still, it's a bloody good RPG and has all the hallmarks of something quite, quite special.

I didn't like the combat at first but it's really clicked now. Once I found its rhythm, dancing and pirouetting around a pack of wolves as you cut them down is really fun. Also, on PC maxed out, it looks incredible. I put two 970s in my machines for it which has allowed me to play the game on Ultra at a solid 60fps looking like this....

ImAyKIu.jpg

vnsPQDg.jpg

Edited by Sie

Quick question, am I going to be able to enjoy this /understand what's going on without having played the previous 2?

I would just play them before anyway but my laptops graphics card isn't really good enough.

Â